1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Battlefield 4 (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. erocker

erocker Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    When the browser sucks? Which it does. Half the time populated servers don't even show up.

HammerON and THE_EGG say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    they should have integrated the browser into the game, I hate using a web browser to launch it

Champ says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I only use Chrome for Battlelog, and it seems to work just fine. I'm an IE guy for everything else, but it has always sucked with Battlelog and also isn't supported by Better Battlelog. I used to use Firefox with BF3, but I never reinstalled it on Win8, so now it's Chrome for all my soldiering.

I used to hate it in BF3, but have found it far superior to an in game browser after a little use. Stats, friends and the like are much better in a standalone.

4. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I agree. Chrome as a lot better than Firefox too i think. Faster for sure. I never used Better Battlelog, but now i think i should since IE is also retarded with Battlelog, atleast IE11.

5. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    So I have been messing around with things on my stuff trying to figure out why this game stutters for me so much. Come to find out, it's that good only hyperthreading. Made things horrible in BF3 and I'm not sure why i turned it back on. No more stutter and a lot less dying because of it.

By the way, I've been trying to use other rocket launchers then the SRAW. I feel so limited in what vehicle I can engage (as in where it is on the map) with all the other rocket launchers. Closing in on 1000 kills with it and I can't see myself giving it up for any of the other launchers. I know it has a high learning curve, but the pay off is well worth it. I don't know how many times I died before I was able to actually hit air vehicles.

Lastly, in case any one did not notice, they fixed the reload bug for the L85. Both the underbarrel attachment and the late ammo count change after the animation.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  6. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I feel like a lot of your stuttering would be from the Crossfire, not HT. FPS goes up when HT is on.

7. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    That helped , Thanks. I still need to screw with it some more because there aren't very many. And Phenom it is because I'm not totally
    awesome , incredible, and not a super duper techno intelligent guy like yourself. I'm just an old, dumb, grumpy fucker like my Dad. Sorry man :oops:;)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  8. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Not for me. Not only is stutter almost gone, fps is up. I still get the de-sync issue, but the stutter is massively reduced. I also had fps drop with HT on in BF3 too (about 20fps). I was not fixed until mid way through the life of BF3 to where it is now. For about the first year, I had a fps drop any time I enabled HT. Maybe Intel got better with the new stuff or maybe its a problem with HT and multi card setups with BF4. I do know that when AMD added frame pacing to the driver, BF3 became a lot smoother. So I'm inclined to say that the problem is not with Crossfire.

9. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    You guys seen this one? The bugs in this game just keep getting better and better (sadly).

Hilux SSRG and MT Alex say thanks.
  10. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I kept getting the "something went wrong" crash. Did it three times before I told taco that I was done.

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    Holy junk. I've got to try this myself. For shame Dice, for shame.

12. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Ever since the updates I seem to be getting random 'killed in action' screens a lot more. Id be taking cover behind some big rocks or concrete blocks, taking a lot of fire from small arms and maybe a tank or APC - NONE OF THEM DOING ANY DAMAGE TO ME. I decide i want to flank left or right and before i can make a quick dash to the next bunch of rocks or shit for cover i get randomly insta-killed and the 'KIA' screen comes up.

This has happened a few times already, and its even happened while ive been flying in a chopper or driving a tank for 5-10 mins which is not only extremely annoying its completely unexplainable - the vehicles remain undamaged though and the chopper just falls out if the sky like normal if the pilot bails out.

It used to happen a lot more when the game was first released then it stopped until recently. Id be taking cover behind something - be it abandoned vehicles, armor, walls or rocks and i just insta-KIA, This is happened when theres nobody even shooting at me.

Im not the only one having this problem as there are a few threads about it on the DICE forums but this is rediculous.

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    Holy crap. This is unacceptable for a large scale game. Explains why my "hunt you down" style doesn't work. I get the jump on two guys, one is shielded. I die and the victim is revived. Damn

14. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    What problems?

[​IMG]

15. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    I've personally had the bug where the tank round goes through infantry. It's gotten me blown up too. I think there was a dead body in front too! For example, I was firing at a squad and got a few down but one pesky engineer with AT was somehow impervious to rounds and was able to blow me up while I was trying to fire.

10 Year Member at TPU
  16. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Well this is pretty certainly one reason I am just not as effective against infantry with tank shells as in BC2 and BF3. But part of that is also that I usually roll with HE shells now.

17. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    I use HE shells but I've also recently started using canister. I think the canister it soooo much better then the lmgs. If you get the guy dead on with in about 10-20m, he's dead. Get further then that it will take a few more shots, but I've been surprised when I fire on some guy at a distance and get the kill. This is only after he has been shot a few by someone else. You don't really have to aim either, it's just get them in the general area and you'll get a hit.

18. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    For me, canister is never a machine gun when I want it to be a machine gun, and the rest of the time you can just use a AP Shell on the infantry (unless they hide behind a corpse!)
    I use the LMG , seems to usually kill them fast unlike most machine guns in this game lol

Going to start experimenting with the staff shell for the extra anti tank ability.
    Same for the Sabot. I unlocked these but haven't messed with yet.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    10 Year Member at TPU
  19. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Oh roger that on the Cannister which I too have started using now that Staffs are less attractive and I got sick of being worthless against infantry. I loved it in BF3 too. Especially the one-two punch before they added a delay upon switch weapon. Once I managed to clip a slow and low jet with a main shell for the disable then immediately switched to Cannister and finished him off.

20. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    So this game just happened: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/456612926689074304/350654340/

We have 3 of 5 flags and both of the last mcoms were armed. Apparently we were just able to arm theirs first. I think with something like 20% health left on our ship, some of our team pushed out to cap flags since we had zero. Wasn't crazy until the last few minutes as I was trying to cap flags and some on the other team were arming mcoms. We had the most flags but I wasn't sure how well they were holding on our ship and attacked theirs. I never can figure out how these things works out where the right people are defending, the right people are attacking, and the right ones are trying to keep flags. Obviously it's never anything communicated, it just happens. When you win, it just makes it that much better.

21. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
  22. erocker

erocker Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    boise49ers and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  23. m0nt3

Thanks Received:
    Curious, particularly people with an R9 290 and an Intel CPU, with preset ultra, do you see dips into the high 30's? Anyone chime in, dont know what it is with that map but its the only one that gets sluggish, of course with mantle there is no performance issue. Just curious about differences between CPU's on minimum frame rate in MP BF4 64man server. Thanks

24. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Understood, I had just read it when I went here.

25. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    So how much more dlc is there?