1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Battlefield 4 (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    IE works fine.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  2. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    IIRC I have double the K/D in BF3 that I have in BF4. Really makes no sense. I stopped playing both a few months ago so I can't tell you exactly but I think it was a .9 (LOL) for BF4 and a 1.8 for BF3.

Seems like half my bullets never hit what I shoot in BF4.

Before I get trolled on modifying settings files by the resident troll squad, this is with the game stock. Now, with the only cfg modification I have which is a frame rate cap and a frame rate display, its possibly slightly better.

It is just like that video of BFBC2 for me.

edit:
    Also IIRC BFHL beta my KD was significantly better than BF4. I don't care anymore I am done with this pos game.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Fantastic!!!

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    Every BF has bugs/issues the first "few" months but not like what BF4 has still has what 9 mos.? Hit reg is different between the three games.

BFBC2 was on Frostbite engine 1 and BF4 is on engine 3 - clearly the engine has gotten bloated over the years!

It's not you, the hit reg is off. I think the infantry combat portion in BFBC2/BF3 was better than BF4.

5. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Much of the difference between BC2 and BF3/4 is that hit reg went (mostly) client side instead of server side.

I really think most of you will be surprised how good your aim will become once the visual recoil fix goes live. They're still fixing all the sights for all the guns so it may be a bit. Fwiw, visual recoil was in BF3 but I don't think it was quite as pronounced as it is in BF4. This was one of the reasons why I stopped using the QBB. I so much prefer the clip LMGs over the box ones just because of the quicker reload. M27 was my favorite weapon in BF3. I naturally gravited toward the QBB in BF4 for that reason. Problem is, the Qxx based weapons in the game are one of the worst offenders when it comes to visual recoil. Thus I found myself having a lot of problems hitting targets at much more than about 25m. Once I moved away from it toward the MG4 which has quite a but less visual recoil (compared to the QBB) I found myself once again being able to hit my targets and win gun fights.

Over the 4th weekend I played a lot of support and specifically used the QBB to see if it was any better. It was worlds different. So much so that I've moved away from using the AWS back to using the QBB (at least in CTE) just because it is much more accurate (probably because of lower rof) at range than the AWS is.

Here's a video from Battle Nonsense talking about the issue of visual recoil (and some other related things) and how they've been fixed in CTE.

natr0n, Hilux SSRG and HammerON say thanks.
  6. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Hey they may get this fixed just in time for it's one year anniversary :) This sounds good though, so Thanks for sharing.

7. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    I tried most of the suggestions that was posted by members, none of those worked. But this trick seems to work so far!!

After you hit connect to a server/game you like to join and when the little BF4 icon appears on the taskbar, click the battlelog page and hit F12 key (which opens the debugger and all the blah blah), leave it on, go play the game for whatever long you want to, exit, now close the battlelog page no more 'kaboom'. The error doesn't occur!!!

I was tracing why a web page was slow at work and thought why not try the same thing to see what happens and it works so far. If I don't hit F12 the error still pops up.

For now this 'bandage' works, I will keep limping until I get time to reinstall windows and all the programs I use.

:toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    Nice workaround! Whatever to keep playing.

Since the last patch a few days ago, I've noticed that the banner at the bottom of browser window shows initializing/connecting with always "QUEUE 7." Regardless if there is room on the server or not; I've lost the ability to see my actual queue number.

9. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Had to convert these over to jpg to reduce the size as they were just under 3mb.

This is the new UI default settings.
    [​IMG]

Only change I did to the next one was to set the resize so that there was less zoom the closer I got. The lowest setting is 60%, default 100%, and maximum 130% (I think).
    [​IMG]

10. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
  11. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Dragons Teeth Expansion tomorrow for all Premium Owners.

HammerON says thanks.
  12. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Download of expansion has started exactly at the announced 10:00 AM for me, minutes ago. :)

13. erocker

Thanks Received:
    10 Year Member at TPU
  14. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    An hour ago we were only 3 servers, now I see some US servers, are that servers located at Embassies in Asia/Europe? :p

15. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Someone posted it on the BF4 forum. It was based in the US.

erixx says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  16. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I assume RPG's will blow the shit out of shielded A-hole's o_O I sure hope so. That will be fun.

17. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Not sure yet, no one had one unlocked... Not something I'm going to actively try to unlock either.

10 Year Member at TPU
  18. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    downloading now. Had to shut down for a while.

Excited to check out maps.

Lightning storms all day in fl almost everyday.

19. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    I know everyone is about DT right now, but they started a new Initiative yesterday called FramehistoryTime. It has to do with trying to cut down the behind cover kills.

Here's the notes for this Initiative:

Either way, if your interesting in watching my crappy skills, I'm uploading video right now that's about 90 minutes long. Because of my "slow" speeds and the large file size (which I hope to change soon with a new video card coming) the upload is not done yet. It probably will not be done until tomorrow morning. In the mean time I'll leave a link here for when it does finish.

If I the card that I got does work out (used 290x Tri-X) then I might start making regular CTE gameplay uploads so everyone can see how bad a shot I am (if any one is interested). :laugh:

20. Black.Raven

Black.Raven

Thanks Received:
    Does anyone have problems with the Samsung Macigian Suite? Since I have updated to the last version, it cuts off sound sometimes, and makes my mouse go weird. As soon as I shut it down it works normal again. Could it be that a special function of the program interferes? I have it on max performance and the rapid mode thingie.

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I prefer netscape navigator 9

22. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    LOL what you know about netscape..

Crunching for Team TPU
  23. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Me either, that is why I want to blow people up that have them.

24. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    #90'SKID #OLDSCHOOL

25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    HA! I use Prodigy.

Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.