1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Battlefield 4 (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Stop reporting people and crying in chat. Just play the game and your experience will improve. Hell come on TS with us and play. It will change your whole perspective on the game and teach you valuable life lessons. Knowing is half the battle..........GI JOE!

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  2. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Ugh BF4 crashing on me now practically everytime I run it with crossfire enabled. Even at 100% scale I get that DX error about being out of VRAM.

3. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings

delete that folder and try perhaps

4. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    It's now only happening when using Ultra settings. I did try your suggestion though and again, only when using Ultra.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  5. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    So now that I have a R9 290x, I've been doing a lot more recording since the file size is so much smaller. I was playing Rush tonight and recorded some of my (bad) gameplay so everyone can see some of the changes they've made to the layout of Zavod Rush and also some of the UI changes.

If there's anything else any one would like to specifically see, let me know and I'll make a video of it.

Right now I'm uploading the video, so it might be a little later until it's done, processed and ready to watch. I'll leave the link here for when it does finally get done:

6. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I got a 290X now too except it was originally a used 290 and I lucked out with an unlockable one, $220 on eBay. Yay mining! Required a waterblock to get working well but would've got one anyway eventually. Looking forward to trying Mantle...

7. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Here's some more CTE Rush. This time the map is Siege of Shanghai. They've disabled the elevators which has lead to no more roof camping.

It's still uploading at the moment. Here's the link when it's done.

MxPhenom 216 and MT Alex say thanks.
  8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Disabled the elevators? FAIL.

9. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    watch out for players using the new strafing hacks, where the gun auto fires if the aim is over an enemy. infact its worthwhile having a look at the hack sites.

keep yourselves updated on what the latest cheats are so you can avoid being abused by them in game... hopefully ea/dice will get on top of the situation... :toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    All these CTE fixes are said to be about a month out from the latest patch notes that happened yesterday.

purecain says thanks.
  11. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    It's uploading right now, but here's a round of Conquest small (Guilin Peaks) showing off the changes that can be made to the UI now. I did not mess with how much the 3P icons fade, so that is the default settings. What I do mess with are the changes in the size of the 3P icons. You can get them pretty small now.

purecain and Wrigleyvillain say thanks.
  12. ELiTRiGG3R

ELiTRiGG3R

Thanks Received:
    I have GTX 650 Ti Boost and i3 3220, in BF3 MP I play with everything med, ultra texture and HBAO and no MSAA and mesh high and 16x Anistropic Filtering, I never play on 64 only less than 50, generally 48 man servers and....basically 60 always...is bf4 more cpu dependant as GPU is enough for mid-high settings..res is 1600x900..and is the fxaa or post aa in bf4 as good as bf3, in med fxaa jaggies are gone..I cant find any retail Battlefield 4 benchmarks Multiplayer...I wait for a year for Battlefield game to get the bugs ironed out

13. Octopuss

Octopuss

Thanks Received:
    What does 3P mean? And I don't see anything looking different to be honest.

14. droopyRO

droopyRO

Thanks Received:
    3rd person ?

15. Octopuss

Octopuss

Thanks Received:
    Uh, how do you play BF4 in 3rd person? Am I missing something here?

16. droopyRO

droopyRO

Thanks Received:
    You hit C when you are in a vehicle and play on Normal servers.

17. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    3P means 3rd person icons. Like the doritos over friendlies (and spotted enemies in normal mode) and flag icons.

If you watch when I go in to the menu and under advanced options (it will be in the gameplay tab) with all the slides. Watch the flag icons as some of the sliders will cause them to change size.

Chris over at Battlenonsense just put out a video the other day talking about some of the changes. He also said that he's going to make a very detailed video of what all the sliders will do. Here's his latest talking about some of the changes:

For those who care, I think there's going to be an audio notification that will make it in the fall patch to let you know when your defibs are fully charged. I'll try to get in some more CTE gameplay tomorrow evening and get it uploaded by Sunday. The CTE servers have been very full lately so it should not be hard.

purecain says thanks.
  18. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    10 Year Member at TPU
  19. Octopuss

Octopuss

Thanks Received:
    Grats, you found videos from beta.
    Did you want to say something?

EarthDog says thanks.
  20. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hackers, cheaters and exploiters are pretty much in every game on the internet. You don't have to accept them, rather understand that they are always there and try to live with it.

10 Year Member at TPU
  21. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I don't think anyone really cares. You don't need to send us private messages about it either.

EarthDog says thanks.
  22. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    I care, I had no idea I could pay 60pounds for something that was going to be so easily hacked.... im pretty disappointed to be honest...

but your obviously a lot smarter than I am so i'll leave you to it... I wont post any more info... that's for certain....

10 Year Member at TPU
  23. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    You must be new to online PC gaming. Its the norm, id get used to it. Battlefield is not the only game that has hackers, especially not the only online based FPS. Its just more known, because people make so much more noise about it and complain. Ive pretty much gotten used it and deal with it, or just play on well known and actively moderated servers.

24. urza26

urza26

Thanks Received:
    You mean hackusations are the norm ;)
    Over 90% of the cheater rants in chat are just hackusations you know, real cheaters are pretty rare. Any decent player can easily tell the difference between a cheater and a good player.
    As a fairly decent player I get accused of cheating on a frequent basis.

25. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    no your talking rubbish... if your playing and you get killed from around a corner or you cant seem to get any kills. you need to leave that server. re enter in spectator mode and check the other team. report everyone hacking.
    they get a warning and stat reset then they are banned permanently.

the hackers basically troll everyone who complains...
    but I paid good money and all I ask for is that the hackers are at a lower lvl like in bad company 2 and ive played every bf game from the very beginning.

ive gone from winning every few rounds to coming bottom... but I don't accuse someone before ive seen it in spectator mode. if youd like me to make a video in fraps then that can be arranged.
    people are now catching on and the hackers are being banned one by one.

the trolls can go s@ck a d@ck...

10 Year Member at TPU