1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Lol your excuse sucks :laugh: Many team players have high k/d ratios. Mine would be higher if I didnt play while completely inebriated so often. :shadedshu

2. lemode

Thanks Received:
    Generalizing gamers who don’t play the way you do and associating said selfish gamers with a game franchise makes about as much sense as a Pauly Shore movie…yeah it doesn’t.

How about contributing something positive to the thread instead of racking up negative posts? I can’t remember the last post you said anything that didn’t have to do with put downs towards people or whatever it is that you babble about.

3. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow after all this time after the update none of my local servers have any players. Nearly all my low ping servers all read 0 players. I have to do some real digging to find a partially full server to join. People have really stop playing the game.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Man nothing kills my game play worse than to much booze! Although I find I play optimally with a slight buzz...:toast:

Makes me care less about what my horrible sniper team mates are doing, which is usually nothing. "Rush? Whats that? I'm just gonna sit here in this tree and snipe people that happen to pass by on the off chance. You worry about that MCOM thingy"

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    Recons are probably my current favorite class for Rush, because most times a proper recon (1 alone) can shift the tide of a game. I can usually get by without a medic as auto regen is enough if played right. Not having someone refund your team's tickets really makes life tougher but winning is still possible. Assaults aren't necessarily key components to a team, though its a real piss off having to scrounge for ammo. Engineers aren't a pre-requisite as I can take out most things with my C4, but choppers can be a pain in the ass though. I find if I spam the sensor ball though, my team automatically goes from shit to 'meh'. Sensor balls are one of the greatest things on the battlefield, especially if a team is horrible. They at least give the team a chance to see their death coming, so chances are 1 guy won't wipe out 5 if you have a sensor ball down.

Oh, and you can probably tell the kinds of games I've been having lately from the above. I'm getting pretty sick of joining servers where the team I'm joining is the 'weaker' team that just had half its members depart due to 'higher skills' of the other team. They really need to add in a scramble, or perhaps a rank based balance system that is only activated after 1 team loses consecutively a set amount of times. I know it may suck if you get shifted, but I'd rather have that then be on a team that facerolls or gets facerolled until the server dies. Last night, I had a game that went from 16v16 to 8v1 to total server death because nobody cared to balance. Of course, of all the people I've played with recently, only about 1/4 of them actually play their kit instead of just spamming metal at red things on the screen, so maybe people just need to educate themselves on what the Battlefield franchise is about.

If any of you are less inept than a rock and want to squad up, I may suck balls in k/d stats but I've got a buttload of try.

6. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I agree. I love Recon with sensors/shotguns. They are more assault than the assault class IMO. I don't know if I sent you out a friend request. I did a bunch at one time. I am always looking for good team players. I try to be a good team player and am more than willing to sacrifice my KD ratio to set off or defend that MCOM station.

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I used to have that problem. Thought it'd be no fun to play w/out it either and it took some shitty getting used to at first but now is so much better and more fun (cause I'm playing better).

TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  8. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    I play best in rounds when I am playing the most in sync with my squad. My buddy zanzabar and myself play engineer together in squads and we are a force to be reckoned with in conquest matches - usually the two of us can take any given point on a map on our own and we communicate well.

When I play by my self - like I was today - I play much more inconsistently and cant pull off the things I usually do.

moral of the story is good team play is the key to good score and KDR :)

9. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    I play Rush most often and Recon as my class. I like finding good sniping spots back from M-Com stations and picking off hapless enemies when they go to plant or diffuse bombs. My KDR is bad casue i havent played a shooter other than TF2 for the longest time, but Im getting better and getting close to my final weapon for recon class.

10. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I'm close to 2.0 and I had to rez your damn corpse with your kit more than you rezzed me with your own kit. FOOLIO

Don't listen to Marine, he's a close friend, he's been dropped on his head a lot, we got him a helmet, but the damage had already been done, we try and keep him in a padded room now with no sharp objects.

I was tempted to, but I decided to update the bios and just toss 250 FSB at it and bench it. Haven't done really any tweaking, this is on the stock AMD cooler and 2x 5850's at 850/1150

[​IMG]

Real nice CPU score :D (Didn't notice, it went back to CnQ, I have it at 3.5ghz right now.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
    TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  11. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

HOLY crap...

I had the entire other team screaming at me in chat for "cheating" because I was "prefiring" and "getting all headshots" LOL 60 kills is the most I've ever been able to manage in a rush round. Yet another reason the UMP45 is a warcrime to use - I was picking off literally everyone and anyone from any range :D I had 5 nemesis pins that round, gold squad, and as you can see just f** ton of awards :D

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  12. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    HOT DAMN that's a nice round dude! Must have been a long round too! Tell me you did get the Ace Pin at least.... :twitch: My best rounds have been around 55 kills but I dont think I've broken 60 yet. :toast: I'll have to try out the ump sometime but knowing the way BF is... if one person can dominate with a weapon it doesnt mean anyone can be good with it.

@ 1Kurgan1- That CPU score is insane but I'd expect a higher score from that system.. I guess 3Dmark06 isnt the best test for the 5000 series but with a single 5850 @ 930/1200 I broke 19k with my system. I'm not convinced crossfire was really poppin' off like it should have been for you.

I'm not trying to bash your system... just curious why that score isnt significanly higher. Have you ran the Heaven benchmark yet? If you don't break 1350-1400 I'd say something isnt firing on all cylinders. :eek:

I got my 5970 last night.. ill see if I can get the wife to run 3DMark06 for me since I'm at work

SNiiPE_DoGG says thanks.
  13. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    It's funny, cause I feel the same way, with my PII 720 BE at 3.8ghz and a 4870x2 at stock I hit 19.7k. Seemed the 4870x2 was a better card for 3d06, this system I need to hit Vantage with. I'll try the Heaven bench later, and gratz on the 5970!

**EDIT**
    [​IMG]

My 4870x2 outscored my 5850's by a few thousand, thats interesting... Especially since the 5850's play BC2 way better.

14. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    How the new amd 6core processor, notice any difference in performance kurgan?

15. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    In game performance, not really since it won't use all the cores, but load screens, in BC2 they are literally like 2 seconds. I have been the 1st in in every single round I played with it.

**EDIT**

Well Trip, something must be off, I got a whopping 563 score in Heaven, I'll have to check it out later, at least it crushes all the games I play, but my avg fps does seem like 15 fps lower than other people with 5850's.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  16. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Yeah something is off. I got the wife to run 3Dmark06 for me..

Stock 5970 with the rig in my specs.

SM2- 7284
    SM3- 11671
    CPU- 5110

3DMark06 - 21001

So for heaven I used the default settings and 1920x1080. 1454 (just as a reference for you)

17. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    3DMark 2006 depend a lot on CPU clock, you guys should try Vantage, it should gives more accurate GPU score.

18. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I agree but looking at the SM2 and SM3 scores from his 5850 run I can see something is not right. Also 3DMark06/05 are garbage tests for 5000 series hardware since their architecture runs better on SM4 and higher models.

19. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    A good gun and I use it as engie but not quite my experience. But then again I kind of said the same thing about the pre-patch M60.

20. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I don't think the graphics test are multi-threaded, only the CPU test. That might be a reason why his X3 is as good.

21. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    3DMark06 scales well with crossfire in all the graphics tests though. It had always been my "go to" test to make sure crossfire was working. His score with the X3 is better because his SM2/3 scores are much higher.

22. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I think you misunderstood me.. What I meant is because the graphic tests only use 1 or 2cores of the cpu, that's why his score with the Phenom x6 is not as high.

Beside, the SM2.0 doesn't scale well in crossfire. 200MHz in CPU clock could mean 1k GPU score.

23. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    His new Phenom scores are lower because 06 doesn't do a lot of threading, and his x3 was running at 3.8Ghz vs 3.0Ghz. Clock the x6 to the same level and it will score either the same or slightly better because of the l2 cache.

10 Year Member at TPU
  24. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    thats my opinion as well.

stop using 3DM06, its crap. use vantage, or a game test.

10 Year Member at TPU
  25. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    But his new Phenom CPU scores destroys his x3 score by over 2000 points. Pretty huge margin IMO. Also he said that his current CPU was at 3.5Ghz for that test. 3DMark06 is lame for comparing current GPUs to past generation but it can still test CPUs well enough and let you know if crossfire is scaling.