1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Where you moving to?

2. lemode

Thanks Received:
    it was at the top of the page.

Chicken Patty says thanks.
  3. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    Yay Chicken Patty w/ketchup

4. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, something really wrong with that activation thing. I mean the DVD version allows you to install it to 10 machines and 11th time is online activation. Seems they messed up the part where cd-key is only for one computer..

I really though this was foolproof. I had a plan in mind that I won't even have to deauthorize the game as I won't install it more than 10 times in the max couple years I'll play it. Hoping I won't ever have to reinstall it, as I won't remember to do that.

But nice pics tigger ;)

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    That was only my second install. I'm not sorry i smashed it, but i do regret wasting 35 quid on it.

As they say, pics or it never happened. I provided pics so yes i did bin the fecking game.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    :wtf: :laugh:

7. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Hows your new lappy goin, heard you were having issues?:eek::eek:

8. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Glad to hear it. I'll be just a few miles South. Most of my friends go North in the winter to Fernie and Nelson. The West is so much nicer than the East. Most of BC just over the MT border looks like this:

[​IMG]

9. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, big mountain country. This is close to where I'm moving, Kimberley/Cranbrook BC.

[​IMG]

10. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    yeah, that turned out to be my router (should've known) so it's running beautifully.

I still play minimum settings (sans 1080p res) in multilayer, but in single player I max out and it only bogs down in really hectic places (stupid snow map)

I am having one weird issue. I get a dead pixel at the bottom right of the screen; but only in battlefield and only in-game (not even on the loading screens) any ideas? it makes me nervous.

11. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    If you want to test for a dead pixel. Best get pictures of solid colours like red blue green black and white and make them fullscreen on windows slideshow and see if it changes colour. If it doesn't its bc2 and not a big deal.

12. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    The PS3 version of BFBC2 gets a new patch today. Even if you only play the PC version, it may interest you to see changes that will probably make their way to the PC eventually.

Here was the official Battlefield Blog post on the patch: Playstation 3 server and client update Imminent.

Now that the patch has rolled out, the community gets the joy of discovering the other UNDOCUMENTED changes made in the patch (no wonder they have so many bug issues, if they can't seem to track all the changes being made!):

The patch also included fixes for points after death, and changed the layout on some maps.

You now get 150 points for a flag capture and 75 for a flag capture assist in Conquest.
    You now get 50 points for a plant or defuse and 250 for an objective destoy in Rush

Map Changes: 2 ATVs on Arica Harbour Conquest mode, the UAV moving on Panama Canal.

The Conquest horn is fixed! It now honks twice at 30 tickets

There are new vehicles in the my stats section - 4 in total:
    New Anti-Air vehicle: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1188395/anti air.PNG
    Stationary Auto Grenade Launcher 1: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1188395/auto gl.PNG
    Stationary Auto Grenade Launcher 2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1188395/auto gl 2.PNG
    CAV Transport Vehicle: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1188395/CAV.PNG

The texture glitch when using the ACOG or Red Dot with the Magnum GOL rifle (black lines appear) is gone.

13. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I am sorry to hear Soviet is leaving us for good. I am going to miss him. One of the best spawn points and comrades in the game. I never even got to t-bag his corpse. I made a sad.

I haven't been on since my computer we helping with the Chimp Challenge so I was goofing off on watching anime, Star Ocean 4, and replaying Suikoden 3; however, I am back and vacation time is a coming up.

I tried to hop on with OnBoard in a game. I joined, killed 3 guys and the game ended. OnBoard got Ace in the Round and as soon as the next match stated I wrote on the screen, "Sup Onboard." And I got the reply, "I am done for now." I took my anger out on the enemy.

Oh and I got banned from some server for hacking because they fixed the Grach 443 (Now as much damage as the M9 for real) and the admin didn't think anyone could kill that many people in a round with that gun.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  14. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's a game bug. Not your system, everyone gets that white pixel.

You could try my settings for MP. Textures high, shadows low and rest medium. I do 1680x1050 with 2xAA, so without AA and detail or effect to low might do it :)

Oh :D I had probably played for couple hours already :) Might play some later tonight, now trying to bid on a new GPU.

Have been trying to help a friend get attack 4 m-coms pin and air warfare pin. We were hopping servers couple days back, some TPU joined. Reason we were ditching servers is that some just don't work right with hit detection.

It's pretty easy to spot them now, you get killed behind walls / you need a clipfull on enemy / close range you always die first. So a new server is better that to get frustrated with "NOOBS" and what not yells, when other team has a game advantage.

Well that newb stuff was on squad rush servers, had to go through 3 of them all with terrible hit detection / lag for our team and in every one of those the other team shouting newbs and our team players calling them cheaters (not us).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
    10 Year Member at TPU
  15. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    it's BC2 and not a big deal.

a bit annoying though

16. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Annoying is when you spill full can of pepsi down the back of your monitor then a bright green light flashes (brightest light me or Marineborn has ever seen) that covers the whole screen then shrinks to pinhole size then the monitor turns off. Wait 30min try again same results, 30min try again same results, 30 min same results, 30min finally works. Start playing BF 1942 and nothing my aims off, bright green light burnt out one single pixel that was like 3 pixels down and to the left of the center aim pixel, I would constantly aim up and to the right because of that crap, lol. Funny that monitor works till this day, tough old 17" CRT.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  17. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I would go totally apeshit if someone spilt coke over any peice of my hardware or peripherals. they'd probably need to get a vet to come & sedate me because id totally skull fuck the guy that did it - food & drink is to be consumed strictly away from the machine....unless its alcohol in which case LOAD UP!! I love playing while drunk, i swear i play better

18. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow, scary stuff. I did the coke thing (well it was water), but just over my G5 mouse and mouse pad. Needed cleaning and drying up, but still works great (couple years now, was almost new then). Even the teflon feet stuck to the bottom again. Weren't easy to get off as they are so big and also thick, so they bend a bit.

10 Year Member at TPU
  19. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I did it to my own hardware, was over at Marineborns place and only place to setup was his kitchen counter top so I had no place to set my pop, set it on the tower. Went for the can and like a drunk (even though I wasnt) I went to the right of the can hitting it with my thumb which effectively gave my monitor a whole can of pop. It was a used monitor I got for like $30 so wasn't a big deal, and since it still worked in the end, I found it entertaining.

20. lemode

Thanks Received:
    I really stopped playing a month ago after hitting 38. it came down to me only liking and playing on a single map (you should remember my favorite map) and I know once that happens it’s only a matter of time before I get sick of it. I was sick of it but wanted to at least hit 38 just in case I was ever going to come back and play. Doesn’t look like that will happen though because even with a month break at most I can kill 3-4 people then I am over it again. FPSs just do not hold my interest for that long anyway.

21. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I know. If you recall, my computer went 24/7 for Chimp Challenge on May 2nd or 3rd, so it has been a month since I played. I am not a big fan of FPS games either, but some just hold me for some strange reason. The Original Perfect Dark, Goldeneye for N64, and Battlefield. I can't recall another multiplayer FPS I played for more than 3 weeks. Those two games and Battlefield 2, 2142, and BC2 just clicked for me. I can't explain it other than I like the friends I play with.

Killing in just more fun with friends.

22. Asylum

Asylum

Thanks Received:
    Just got this game the other day and played the single player a few times.

Went to play multiplayer last night and got on a server and after a few minutes i got kick for old pb version. Tried a few other servers and got the same thing.

Looked in pb folder but dont see any option for updating in there.

Anyone know the way to manually update pb?

23. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Go to PB site to get the updater.

10 Year Member at TPU
  24. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    TheLaughingMan you playing? Though I'd kill some now. Don't know what and where yet, but have to look up some weapon stats and go from there.

10 Year Member at TPU
  25. Dbiggs9

Thanks Received:
    I picked this up add me SolarStone. I mostly snipe still working on unlocks