1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'TechPowerUp Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    So shall I feel ashamend Lieutenant? :D
    Cos Im lvl 30 and I just cant fly the damn chopper and I also cant shoot a shit with those low-firerate sniper rifles.yesterday I was trying to get the SPECAT pins for the sniper rifle and I felt like Im going to throw the computer out of the window.I was neither able to kill 8 people with it in a round or pull a 5 kill streak.my god...

2. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    first, I seriously doubt you are running into that many aimbots. their score would be very obvious. there are many legit players that maintain KD's above 2.0. what seems to you to be inhuman is actually DICE's POS latency checker. what you see is very different from what your enemy sees, and neither of you see WTF the server is actually doing. this leads to inconsistent hit detection, especially if you have sketchy internet. (talk to crazy if you want to hear this in excruciating detail)

knowing the game in and out has nothing to do with 100% accuracy or mastering every possible situation. it's about a learning curve. first you have to analyze and understand the maps and how they flow through a match. this takes about 6 rounds per map for me. when you go through a map that you've played before, remember where you went when on the other team, chances are someone thinks like you. understanding the map is one of the biggest advantages you can have.

there is such a thing as luck in a game, a perfect KD is impossible even for a hacker. you WILL die. the important part is to think about what your doing and ask yourself "will this get me killed" and weigh it against "will this help me/my team"

remember rank means nothing. I can get on my second soldier and go into a "noob server" as much as I want. in fact, I would recommend playing on high ranked servers, watch how a good player playes, and try t mimic them. better yet, jump on with us on TS or Xfire, and watch how we play.

**edit**

part of learning the game is learning your strong points. I can't snipe in any game period. I just suck. but my recon KD is 1.3 (the lowest of the four, but still not bad) try using m95 with magnum and red dot. once you get used to the style, its a lot of fun. (m95 has 50% accuracy for me, second only to Gustav)

as far as the chopper, in an empty server and practice. scoring is disabled in all ranked empty servers, so it wont hurt your kd. trust me, to get good takes a lot of time or a lot of talent. I have spent tens of hours flying by myself since bf2. just takes practice.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
    Rado D says thanks.
  3. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    I'm decent with sniper rifle in games where you move slow to moderate speed. Games like UT III, forget it, although I keep shooting at them with it when I can to improve. The hard part for me in BFBC2's sniper rifle is the downward slope of the bullets trajectory. It is SO much easier to adjust when you fire tank shells because the shell makes an explosion when it hits and you can watch it from the time it leaves the cannon to the point of impact. The sniper rifle however, I have no idea where that hits and I can't see the bullet so I am having to make an educated guess as to where it is supposed to be hitting.

The chopper is brutal because it is so ultra touchy, it is so easy to go careening just for pushing the mouse a few centimeters too far one way. I jump in the chopper every chance I get, no matter how much I crash and burn to improve.

As for aimbots, people are turning around and getting one shot off to the head for a kill when they don't even know I am there, all this happening in a split second. That reeks of aimbot. I've played games where the opponent warps around, which makes me furious when I had the kill. Nobody is warping when I get instakilled by these people.

There are so many nooks and crannies to the maps, I am constantly finding more flanking points no matter how many times I play through.

I thought having 100% accuracy and never dying was part and parcel of being uber. I sure enjoy coming as close as possible to that.

Seems like the good players are pwning me, it's hard to find someone that really knows what they are doing on my team. Thank god for the noob servers so I can get in and do damage.

4. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I remember when I had my server up, I get off work at like 3am and I would come home and hop on. And usually I would actually go and looking to die, because I would be crushing these guys and if they think a server mod is cheating they will leave. :laugh:

5. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    i once had a 92% acc with the m2 cg and a 45% with the m24 with red dot its funny to rush a building with a m24 and red dot 1 shot some1
    btw m2good4u

6. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    When you shoot the sniper rifle, push the button down and hold it down. This will keep you scoped in after you shoot and you can hopefully see where the bullet impacts.

7. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Ummmm not not really. I just keep my mouse surface clean and run an ok PC, add semi-decent hand eye coordination and 20/20 vision and.... my accuracy still isnt that high. I think I just have an easy time compensating for the crap hit detection in this game. Where some players complain about trailing hitboxes on moving players I just naturally aim behind the players.

Also this game has a dumb way of calculating accuracy. These are the only weapons I have with more than 100 kills. Clearly this is not an average of 49%

Name Accuracy
    AN-94 21.17 %
    M16A2 18.41 %
    M416 21.69 %
    VSS 20.40 %
    GOL 43.45 %
    Stg.77 24.44 %
    SVU 33.90 %
    UMP-45 23.94 %
    AKS-74U 19.89 %
    M1911 23.72 %
    M14 27.98 %
    PP-2000 21.15 %
    USAS-12 17.68 %

Also: What TS3 is everyone playing on? I cant get into the TPU TS3 server and Haru's is always empty. I've been trying to find where people are but I'm failing miserably If you don't want to play with me you can just say so.

digibucc says thanks.
  8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well Reayth and I are back to playing so please add us to your friendlists

TheMailMan78
    Reayth

If you have played with us before then you know what to expect.

9. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I will add you tonight.

10. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    lol, gave me a chuckle :)

TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  11. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I'm on all the time. Always willing to squad up with you! We have had some really good matches, but the last 3 we ended up in horrible matches...Just pure meat grinders on the losing team :toast:

TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Whats your BC2 and Steam name?

13. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Matters which Rifle you use, I put down the M95 because you can't do that with it. Or maybe I'm brain damaged, but it sure seemed like you could not hold up the scope after firing.

14. Marineborn

Thanks Received:
    im going with brain damaged

15. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    It is the same "ZenZimZaliben". Feel free to add me! :toast:

Just an FYI.

I rarely play rush and am not a rush type player, meaning super aggressive. I tend to be a medium range player. I will always try to capture and hold points though but carefully. I am a team player unless my team is the type that just throws themselves on the enemies bayonets.

A few maps, like oasis, I will play shotgun rush style.

10 Year Member at TPU
  16. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:

Yeah it was ugly the last few rounds I found you in. Do you have a TS3 or Vent server you use? Often when I do see you online your server is full and a number of them haven't had a queue available. :ohwell:

17. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I am usually on Haru's when I am playing. We normally play around 9 to 10 PM. No one is usually there during the day because of school or work.

18. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I think 9-10pm your time is 6-7pm my time. I remember we were all playing quite a bit just before xmas but after getting back from Holidays I can't seem to hook up with anyone.

I usually check Haru's server before I login.

19. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    It also depends on how serious you are. I do it for fun and don't ever get worked up over a game situation. My son who on the other hand takes everything in a game very seriously, and he is top dog about 80% of the games he plays. It doesn't matter the game of platform. He tears it up. So if you are looking to be like Marine was talking about and like my son does take it serious , if you are just looking to have a little bit of fun for an hour every other night or so, then chill like me and don't sweat the small shit. :toast:

20. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Is that the listing for his server or does it have a different name and if so , What ?
    I haven't seen a TPU person in months.

21. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Teamspeak info (current)
    IP: 208.100.9.177:4372

This is the TS3 server info that Haru has put up for a while.

22. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, I have jumped on a few times lately and there is no one on.
    Of course it is 10 or 11 pm Mountain time. :banghead:

23. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    the past week has been good for the TS3. I often can't get on until after 1am east (work) but at that point there are usually 4-6 of us and we have a good time till around 3am east.

talk to crazy on TS. this isn't aimbot (well usually anyway) the game hates you. it will seem as if you got one shot killed by the weakest gun in the game, when in fact they were frustrated cause on their screen it took a full magazine to kill you.

24. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking to be the best in every game I play relative to how much time I spend on that specific game actually playing and improving. Success is measured differently for different people. Someone that is new to video games isn't going to go gangbusters on people in BFBC2 online. I have some experience with online action gaming, so I hope to at least perform well against people of similar experience as me or rank. Not hoping for miracles against high ranking people that have many hours playing and seem to pilot the helicopter with ease. I have fun being serious at the same time but I'm not going to bitch and rant in the chatbox like so many noobs do cuz that is poor sportsmanship and the problem is those people suck and need to improve.

I was on TS last night and no one else was. I may have played against some of you already and didn't know it.

I'm getting one hit instakilled by people with handguns. They aren't even looking at my head in the animation. They spin around at the last second, pointing at the ground and BOOM, instakill headshot. That is why I prefer running up to people and ninjr'ing them with my knife, no retaliation.

25. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    i only care about K/D ratio when I play Recon, the other classes i'm all about supporting the squad/teammates. Right now I am going through the Medic unlocks, and MAN points are easy !! Reviving and healing my mates usually enables me to get top 5 score in the server i'm in, if not an Ace Pin or Gold Squad Pin.