• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield V with GeForce RTX DirectX Raytracing

effectively trolling everyone who wants or owns an RTX card. It's not cool. Just chill and let people enjoy what they want to enjoy.

Let me just describe, why ppl are so pissed of, why you and your rtx friends are wrong, and etc.etc...

I don’t care how people spend their money. I don’t care, if they’re dining in fashion restaurant, buy expensive stuff or whatever. And I’m really glad if they have possibility to do so - UNTIL it starts touching ME.
Stupid crowd keeps buying rtx card at insane prices even more vigorously than ever before -> huan has a clear vision, that he can twist the prices to the sky however he wants - we have stagnant market of GPU’s priced like a used vehicle. It’s just simple as that. That drives me mad. Your “wish” to pay 1500$ for gpu and fostering this price rise! gives ME no choice. Because it’s a monopoly. And I’m not even talking about fps/$, shitty PCB quality or dxr effects, no - pure economics.

We have no choice in top segment, and “the customer” is the only one who would make a change. But they won’t.
I still do remember, back at presentation, those idiots crying when huan said “Hey! 2080 Ti only from 999$!
Nobody even remembered about 1000$ being only titan privilege. That his mrsp price being a joke. Nobody even thought about monitoring ngreedia website, just to see the 1200$ price tag.
Like, huan telling about 999$ just in front of audience, while on the same time having 2080 Ti fe stored for 1200$? Lol, pathetic.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
I didn't mean it in an MCM type of way: i meant it as a full card. Think of it as a 2nd GPU, that has no display options and it's sole purpose is to enable RT with the primary GPU.

Ofc nVidia being nVidia would make sure such a card would only work with nVidia primary GPUs ...
It might be a good use for NVlink, since SLI is completely dead at this point. You could also make the RT core significantly larger if it had its own GPU, potentially giving acceptable RTRT performance.

Clearly you simply don't understand real-time ray-tracing. And yes, 30FPS is acceptable. There are a ton of really great games that have a 30FPS limit built into them. They're still playable and still fun. You are displaying an elitist attitude. Kick that negativity down a notch or two and open your mind to the possibilities.
Go ahead, list them then. I'm expecting at least 20 games if there are "a ton" of them. It'd be a real shame if you could count the number of great 30FPS locked games on a single hand.

If I wanted stuttery 30 FPS gameplay, I'd buy a PS3. The whole point of gaming on PC is the flexibility to move past console limitations, not to pay more for a GPU to do 30FPS then many people do their first car.

Lex is actually right on this. Price doesn’t matter on comparison until you do price vs performance. A direct comparison between 2080 and 1080 is completely justified and is what should be compared as they occupy the same place within each generation.
Exactly. The price for me wasn't a big problem as it was something I can afford. Honestly didn't want to afford the Ti model but could have rather easily. So the price wasn't a factor. After seeing the reviews and pondering the options the choice became simple.
Go ahead, list them then.
Google is your friend.

System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast
Outside of that, not jumping in the ball pit with the kids... I'll get sick. Its like a friggin pre-school in this place, LOL!
Well -- you started it! Great job on the testing and results. It's normally hard to bring the kids out to the playground, but this did it.

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
some folks dont seem to have a much of clue as to how business and life works.. a thing is worth what folks are prepared to pay for it.. a company is legally obliged to maximize profits for its share holders..

the value of money is directly related to how much of it a person has to chuck about.. and the bottom line is if you cant afford the ticket you dont get to ride on the boat..

i aint saying any of this is right but its how it is.. there are many thing in life i would like but cant afford but currently a high end graphics card aint one of em.. i aint rich but then again i aint as poor as some..

trog

ps.. thinking about it the 2080ti card i just bought was expensive but it cost less than the couple of 980TI cards i bought two or three years back..

Last edited:
System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast
congratulations trog100

wasn't sure complacency makes enthusiasts also

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
some folks dont seem to have a much of clue as to how business and life works.. a thing is worth what folks are prepared to pay for it.. a company is legally obliged to maximize profits for its share holders..

the value of money is directly related to how much of it a person has to chuck about.. and the bottom line is if you ant afford the ticket you dont get to ride on the boat..

i aint saying any of this is right but its how it is.. there are many thing in life i would like but cant afford but currently a high end graphics card aint one of em.. i aint rich but then again i aint as poor as some..

trog
But bowing to obvious increases that aren’t justified just makes it worse. It’s not about how you spend your money it’s spending it wisely. You’ve just sent a message to Nvidia that this price is now ok. Crypto has already ruined pricing and this is just rewarding Nvidia for no good reason. They have no direct competition so no need for these high prices but if you take this attitude it will only get worse.

System Name money pit..
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
congratulations trog100

wasn't sure complacency makes enthusiasts also

i aint complacent just aware of how things are..

trog

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
But bowing to obvious increases that aren’t justified just makes it worse. It’s not about how you spend your money it’s spending it wisely. You’ve just sent a message to Nvidia that this price is now ok. Crypto has already ruined pricing and this is just rewarding Nvidia for no good reason. They have no direct competition so no need for these high prices but if you take this attitude it will only get worse.

you have it back to front.. the so called high prices are all about shareholders and stock prices.. the company has no obligation to its customers only in the sense it needs them as cash cows.. if they get it wrong and lose the cash cows they have f-cked up.. time will tell on that one..

trog

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
you have it back to front.. the so called high prices are all about shareholders and stock prices.. the company has no obligation to its customers only in the sense it needs them as cash cows.. if they get it wrong and lose the cash cows they have f-cked up.. time will tell on that one..

trog
It’s only worth what you’re willing to pay for it. If people waited to see RTRT in action they may have said this card isn’t worth the inflated price and Nvidia would have to adjust accordingly. If you’re just willing to rollover we’ll they just keep raising prices regardless of increases in value/performance because people like you don’t seem to care. I waited a long time to get my Vega and I still paid far too much for it. But I didn’t jump on the inflated prices just to have the new shiny or reward an unreasonable price tag.

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
i didnt jump on at first i decided the prices was too high for me.. but i was tempted by a special £150 off piece of email spam..

dont get me wrong here i do see your point but some people wont buy at the current prices but enough will buy ..

but again you have the option of no supply or a price high enough to put enough people off to make sure there is at least some availability.. the bottom line being these things are not intended for the masses.. they really are for an elite few.. that few being those that can or will pay the high price..

trog

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
i didnt jump on at first i decided the prices was too high for me.. but i was tempted by a special £150 off piece of email spam..

dont get me wrong here i do see your point but some people wont buy at the current prices but enough will buy ..

but again you have the option of no supply or a price high enough to put enough people off to make sure there is at least some availability.. the bottom line being these things are not intended for the masses.. they really are for an elite few.. that few being those that can or will pay the high price..

trog
Oh I understand the temptation of sales. When I found my Vega I just jumped because it was the only one in the country. But with this series Nvidia has now successfully moved to goal post almost into Titan money and we know it will never go back.

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Oh I understand the temptation of sales. When I found my Vega I just jumped because it was the only one in the country. But with this series Nvidia has now successfully moved to goal post almost into Titan money and we know it will never go back.

they have moved the goal posts.. the interesting thing is people never complained about titan prices they just knew it wasnt for them never bought it and left it at that..

maybe thats how the 2080ti card should be viewed a flagship product that exists but isnt really meant to be purchased.. as for this ray tracing stuff.. it clearly isnt ready for prime time but then again i am sure a pair of flagship cards in sli mode would make a reasonable job of it.. for an elite few that will pay well over two grand for a gpu set up.. he he

trog

they have moved the goal posts.. the interesting thing is people never complained about titan prices they just knew it wasnt for them never bought it and left it at that..

maybe thats how the 2080ti card should be viewed a flagship product that exists but isnt really meant to be purchased.. as for this ray tracing stuff.. it clearly isnt ready for prime time but then again i am sure a pair of flagship cards in sli mode would make a reasonable job of it.. for an elite few that will pay well over two grand for a gpu set up.. he he

trog

You might be able to run 2 RTX effects at 1080p

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
You might be able to run 2 RTX effects at 1080p
Yeah if that’s possible it remains to be seen They need to add SLI first.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Somewhere is this cesspool of back and forth, a user mentioned they cannot run RT and SLI? Then someone else chimed
Well -- you started it! Great job on the testing and results. It's normally hard to bring the kids out to the playground, but this did it.
I have nothing to do with any results...here. ;)

Nkd

Haters gonna hate. Just like when people discounted hardware T&L, or pixel/vertex shading and etc. in a few years they will all shut up.

TBH first gen RTX was never meant to make RT RT playable for 4k 60fps. The Turing design is hybrid in nature. Hardware needs to wait for software to catch-up. The following RTX will be more and more capable in RT RT until it becomes main stream.
heard this story before. Turing is what it is. First gen, early adopters got sold on those features. it will be the same way. RTX was always going to take performance hit. That is why Nvidia sold it on hope and knowing people won't know for a few months until they can use rtx well out of their return policy. It is what it is, it will take few generations.

the value of money is directly related to how much of it a person has to chuck about.. and the bottom line is if you cant afford the ticket you dont get to ride on the boat..

trog

ps.. thinking about it the 2080ti card i just bought was expensive but it cost less than the couple of 980TI cards i bought two or three years back..
That's the argument some used for defending the top 1% & while many of them deserve to be there, there's still tons of them who've just weaseled there way into a life of luxury with virtually zero oversight i.e. tax dodgers.

Is that a life boat or a Yacht, ocean liner perhaps?

Well that's exactly what you're saying i.e. corporate greed is fine, so long as they can get away with it.

The checks & balances system works when people are willing to do something to stop excesses such as this. In a democracy the checks are performed by the electorate, in a capitalist society that responsibility falls on the shoulders of consumers.

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Somewhere is this cesspool of back and forth, a user mentioned they cannot run RT and SLI? Then someone else chimed
I have nothing to do with any results...here. ;)
Well SLI isn’t working without using NV inspector and the BF1 Profile so whether or not the 2 can work together would probably better tested with a legit profile. It could definitely offset the performance hit if it did work together.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
Wow! Why is there a war going on between RTX ON/RTX OFF people here? Either you like it or you don't, enjoy your RTX (or lack thereof) and move on, please. No need to be attacking eachother for it.

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
oh interesting .... a Vega 64 does more than well at 1440p

Processor i7 8700K
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-A12x25 PWM + 4xNF-A14 PWM
Memory 16 GB Adata XPG Dazzle DDR4 3000 MHz CL16
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus, Samsung 850 Evo
Display(s) Samsung C24FG73 144Hz 1080p
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis 3
Power Supply Superflower Leadex II Gold 650W
Mouse Steelseries Rival 600
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 7
Software Windows 11 Pro
Let me just describe, why ppl are so pissed of, why you and your rtx friends are wrong, and etc.etc...

I don’t care how people spend their money. I don’t care, if they’re dining in fashion restaurant, buy expensive stuff or whatever. And I’m really glad if they have possibility to do so - UNTIL it starts touching ME.
Stupid crowd keeps buying rtx card at insane prices even more vigorously than ever before -> huan has a clear vision, that he can twist the prices to the sky however he wants - we have stagnant market of GPU’s priced like a used vehicle. It’s just simple as that. That drives me mad. Your “wish” to pay 1500$ for gpu and fostering this price rise! gives ME no choice. Because it’s a monopoly. And I’m not even talking about fps/$, shitty PCB quality or dxr effects, no - pure economics.

We have no choice in top segment, and “the customer” is the only one who would make a change. But they won’t.
I still do remember, back at presentation, those idiots crying when huan said “Hey! 2080 Ti only from 999$!
Nobody even remembered about 1000$ being only titan privilege. That his mrsp price being a joke. Nobody even thought about monitoring ngreedia website, just to see the 1200$ price tag.
Like, huan telling about 999$ just in front of audience, while on the same time having 2080 Ti fe stored for 1200$? Lol, pathetic.
Pretty much.

I saved about 1500EU the last year, planning to upgrade to a 2080+9900K, didn't knew their names, but I knew 8 core Coffee Lake and some better, faster Pascal/consumer Volta cards were coming. The CPUs turned out to be horrible crap, the i7 transformed into i9 and the i5 into i7, with HT cut - what even the flying EFF?!? Oh. And it's 600EU or something in Europe /faint - after the 8700K I got was CHEAPER than a 1700x. I'm not giving Intel money for this.

And then the GPUs. Oh, they have new (old) stuffz. It's called RTX. Great. I should be able to buy a 2080ti with 700EU - whaatttttttttttt? It's 1300EU?

You have got to be kidding me.

I'll just keep the 1070ti. AND the money. Should i mention that when I got the 1070ti it was half the price of the cheapest Vega56?

What people decide to buy is affecting each and everyone of us. The more people reward bad practices from near-monopoly big business that should be regulated and broken up, basically, the more the average consumer suffers.

But hey - we should just live and let live, and not say anything.

NO.

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
looks nice... sometimes, but liked linked earlier I Feel we could do this sorta thing way earlier with way less of a performance hit.
Just simpler but smarter more logical ways about this.

a what? 1200 dollar? 2080ti doing about 60fps on 1080p...and that is in a game that just came out, what about 2 years from now.
That is just unacceptable imo.