1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BDOD code?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by mullered07, Apr 16, 2008.

1. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    got a BSOD twice today, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on what it means heres a shot from my fone [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Oliver_FF

Oliver_FF New Member

Thanks Received:
    What were you doing when they both occured?

Do you have the memory dumps it created?

Can you get through MemTest still?

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. pagalms

pagalms

Thanks Received:
    Looks like faulty RAM.

4. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    why ? what brings you to that conclusion or is it just a guess?

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. pagalms

pagalms

Thanks Received:
    I searched in google for 0x50 bsod meaning earlier today.

"Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:

• If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

• Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem."

6. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    could it have anything to do with one of my hdd's ? just a thought as i enabled "advanced performance" earlier after reading the tweak vista thread and it also happened whilst i was transferring data from one partiton to another on that same drive, so now ive deleted the partition, defragged and turned off advanced performance, so far so good but who knows only time will tell

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I can get that or PFN_LIST_CORRUPT when I crank down my RAM timings too much. When somethign is written to RAM and does not have a complete cycle to write before it gets read or if I have too low of voltage it causes data corruption. .05v is all it takes for my RAM to become stable or unstable.

10 Year Member at TPU 10 Million points folded for TPU
  8. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    9/10 times for me, the page fault BSOD was related to ram. Either unstable settings, or a dead stick. The other 1/10 were driver issues, usually involving gfx drivers.

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. Lillebror New Member

Thanks Received:
    The few times ive seen that error, it was a faulty windows install! After a reinstall of windows, everything ran fine.