• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Be careful buying GPUs from Amazon

Smeagul69

Me and a couple of friends bought GPUs from Amazon recently. Out of the 5 of us, only 2 made it to us. More than likely some scumbag at the warehouse stole it. I guess serves me right for paying above MSRP.

Attachments

• 4FBC6210-E86C-4499-B070-A9F41BD596DC.jpeg
    4FBC6210-E86C-4499-B070-A9F41BD596DC.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 816

ixi

Hehe, nothing new. Best case scenario you will get x2 gpu :). First will arrive the second one because it must be express shipping from amazon side. Later then can come first one. I have got two keyboards, pokeball plus and gpus from them by this few years ago :D.

Forst case scenario, you will just get back money and fill look for gpu somewhere else.

Smeagul69

Hehe, nothing new. Best case scenario you will get x2 gpu :). First will arrive the second one because it must be express shipping from amazon side. Later then can come first one. I have got two keyboards, pokeball plus and gpus from them by this few years ago :D.

Forst case scenario, you will just get back money and fill look for gpu somewhere else.
Oh god wouldn’t that be something! I’d probably just gift it to someone in need. Probably would make someone’s day in these struggling times.

System Name Dusty
Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X
Storage yes
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750w
VR HMD Oculus CV1
So, brand new account complaining about buying GPUs from amazon when the issue is something that occurred outside of amazon care and they offer a refund? Seems legit.

Things get lost, nothing new really. If anything I am more surprised by the fact that such a large amount of delivers actually do reach their correct destination. Even more so having worked in the post office and having to go full blown CSI on about 20% of all shipments because writing the proper delivery address is seemingly a very difficult task for most people, amazon included who the last time i ordered something labeled my package with just my name. No address or anything, just my name. And there are a lot of people with my name.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
So, brand new account complaining about buying GPUs from amazon when the issue is something that occurred outside of amazon care and they offer a refund? Seems legit.
everyone starts here somehow, why not by posting a warning about something tech related?

System Name Dusty
Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X
Storage yes
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750w
VR HMD Oculus CV1
everyone starts here somehow, why not by posting a warning about something tech related?
How is it a warning when they can get their money back while also putting blame on a party that most likely isn't the cause of the problem to start with? If anything it to me is the opposite of a warning, amazon offering a refund for a product that didn't arrive isn't to me something to be careful about.
Although we had a lot of issues with the postal service where I live over they years, never has that been the stores fault, they can't exactly do much once they hand over the package.

System Name The Sparing-No-Expense Build
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Wifi II
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black
Memory 32GB: 2x16GB Patriot Viper Steel 3600MHz C18
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX 3060Ti Founder's Edition
Storage 500GB 970 Evo Plus NVMe, 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) AOC C24G1 144Hz 24" 1080p Monitor
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Power Supply Seasonic X-650 Gold PSU (SS-650KM3)
Software Windows 11 Home 64-bit
That is awful. You having to pay 2x for your GPU and him getting it for free.

I doubt he'll get away with it, though.

Me and a couple of friends
You and your friends should file a report to Amazon, I hope you did already.
Either way you have nothing to worry about, mistakes happen... and given the current state of gpu market one should be more careful than before , I hope you’ll get a gpu at the end good luck:)

System Name PC-Chips
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Cooling ID Cooling SE_225-XT Black with noctua fans
Memory Patriot Viper 32gig dual channel 3600mhz
Video Card(s) ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB TWIN EDGE OC
Storage 2X Samsung 860 EVO SSD's 500gig / 2TB crucial P3-NVME / WD-BLUE SN550 1TB M.2 / SP A55 512gig
Display(s) Panasonic 40-inch 4k TV
Case NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Realtek S1220A - Yamaha A-S501 AMP - 4 x Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers - Wharfedale SW150 sub
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G6 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Some cheap wireless thing
Keyboard Razer Cynosa lite
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2 128gig version
Software Windows 11 pro 64bit
When did you get that message and how long have you been waiting so far?
I've had that message a few times when a package is going to be late but they have always turned up in the end even if 2 weeks late.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
just wait or get the refund, you won't loose anything, anyway gpu's are what they are now, some dude misplaced it in his home :laugh:

Low quality post by GerKNG
System Name Sunk Cost Fallacy
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev. 7
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Storage WD Black SN850X 1TB + 2x 2TB, 2x 4TB Crucial MX500, 4TB Samsung 870 Evo.
Display(s) Alienware AW2723DF, LG 27GR93U, LG 27GN950-B
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion Series 2 III, Sennheiser GSP600 and HD599 SE - Creative Soundblaster X4
Power Supply bequiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500w Titanium
Mouse Logitech GPRO X Superlight & G502 X
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB Mini, Razer Black Widow V3 TKL
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
title should be:

"Be careful buying GPUs from Amazon in the US." or wherever you are...

Smeagul69

Things get lost, nothing new really. If anything I am more surprised by the fact that such a large amount of delivers actually do reach their correct destination. Even more so having worked in the post office and having to go full blown CSI on about 20% of all shipments because writing the proper delivery address is seemingly a very difficult task for most people, amazon included who the last time i ordered something labeled my package with just my name. No address or anything, just my name. And there are a lot of people with my name.
I created the account to spread the word. Not to spread false accusations about Amazon lol. I’m knew the PC build scene and this is my first graphics card. I know everyone is searching for GPUs and some even paying more than they could have imagined 3 years ago.
Not sure about else where but the carriers for Amazon items are Amazon itself. Amazon doesn’t transfer items to other carrier in my location. If an item is purchased off Amazon, I will be seeing a Amazon van delivery it to my house.

How is it a warning when they can get their money back while also putting blame on a party that most likely isn't the cause of the problem to start with? If anything it to me is the opposite of a warning, amazon offering a refund for a product that didn't arrive isn't to me something to be careful about.
Although we had a lot of issues with the postal service where I live over they years, never has that been the stores fault, they can't exactly do much once they hand over the package.
Where me and my friends live, Amazon delivers the package. They don’t hand over anything to USPS, UPS, or fedex. Everything is delivered from Amazon. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy Amazon refunded me. All I’m saying is think twice before buying through Amazon for these items at this point in time right now.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Me and a couple of friends bought GPUs from Amazon recently. Out of the 5 of us, only 2 made it to us. More than likely some scumbag at the warehouse stole it. I guess serves me right for paying above MSRP.
At least ypu can get money back unlike ali express,facebook, craigslist.

I created the account to spread the word. Not to spread false accusations about Amazon lol. I’m knew the PC build scene and this is my first graphics card. I know everyone is searching for GPUs and some even paying more than they could have imagined 3 years ago.
Not sure about else where but the carriers for Amazon items are Amazon itself. Amazon doesn’t transfer items to other carrier in my location. If an item is purchased off Amazon, I will be seeing a Amazon van delivery it to my house.

Where me and my friends live, Amazon delivers the package. They don’t hand over anything to USPS, UPS, or fedex. Everything is delivered from Amazon. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy Amazon refunded me. All I’m saying is think twice before buying through Amazon for these items at this point in time right now.
Depends on the vendor actually, not everything has came via amazon van.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
I have been ordering stuff from Amazon for over 14 years now (including ALOT of high priced stuff), and have neva, eva, had a single order not show up at all, although a few things here or there have arrived a day or 2 later than originally promised (but they always notified me when this happened).

And I have yet to see a single Amazon van/truck etc deliver anything to my house or anyone else's in my town, everything I get comes via USPS, UPS or FedEcks...

In this particular case, I would bet that either the warehouse and/or the delivery person knew what had been ordered & decided to keep the GPU's for themselves to scalp/resell later... seems to be happening more & more these days, especially with GPU's or other costly items.

However, like IXI said, you could possibly end up getting what you ordered after all, even after getting a refund and/or filing a complaint with da Zonmaster.... IF the package was truly lost/misplaced, instead of stolen....

Processor faster than yours
Motherboard better than yours
Cooling cooler than yours
Memory smarter than yours
Video Card(s) better performance than yours
Storage stronger than yours
Display(s) bigger than yous
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) clearer than yours
Power Supply more powerful than yours
Mouse lighter than yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours

doubtful it is theft, most likely an inventory or transit issue but hard to tell based on your image since it shows no actual tracking.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Remember when Amazon had that grocery delivery service and there was that time you could buy gpus on it? I bought like 6 cuz the pricing was stupid low. It was hilarious when they were delivered in brown grocery bags. :laugh:

freeagent

Staff member
System Name Altered Beast
Processor AMD R9 5900X/5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850X 2TB, SN850 1TB, SN770 1TB - Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
I have considered buying stuff like that from Amazon, but just cant bring myself to do it. I am yella. I've probably spent a couple grand there and never had a problem, but it seems like they get a lot of RMA stuff or old stock or something.. not with a GPU of course.. old stock lol.. yeah right.

Man they have crazy good deals on motherboards sometimes. I want to give this board to my son with a 5600X..