• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

be quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 800 W

Be quiet! is well known for their low-noise products. Today we will test a member of their fresh Straight Power 10 series. It is nearly inaudible thanks to its SilentWings fan, can deliver up to 800 W of power, and features a semi-modular cabling design in which only the main ATX cable is fixed.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Order66
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism (BOX-cooler)
Memory 16GB DDR4 Corsair Desktop RAM Vengeance LPX 3200MHz Red
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX 3060Ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 510 1TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE228HR
Case Thermaltake Versa C21 RGB
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Software Windows10 64bit
So, from what i understand, refering to build quality of this unit, FSP/BeQuiet chose to use a less famous capacitor manufacturer, such as Teapo, instead of Japanese caps, to lower the cost at this sector, in order to add a 2nd heatsink for better protection.
Since the Teapo caps that were used are (*theoretically at least) high resistance 105°C, i think this is a better way, instead of what other companies did -such as CWT/Corsair-, who chose not to include second heatsink in order to use the more famous Japanese caps.
(I would like a comment on my theory since i'm not a PSU expert, but i think that this is more logical way to construct PSU).
-On the other side, as a consumer, i don't like at all the idea of using 4 +12V rails, that are so low capacity, only 20-24 Amps. If a user has an AMD 290X GPU, won't he has problems with these small rails? :confused:

The secondary heat sink cools down the secondary fets more efficiently allowing for a relaxed fan profile. It has nothing to do with the caps' cooling actually. The most restricting factor for the caps cooling in the secondary are components or cables that block airflow to them.

As for the 290x unfortunately I don't have one to test whether the psu can handle it.

System Name Order66
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism (BOX-cooler)
Memory 16GB DDR4 Corsair Desktop RAM Vengeance LPX 3200MHz Red
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX 3060Ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 510 1TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE228HR
Case Thermaltake Versa C21 RGB
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Software Windows10 64bit
The secondary heat sink cools down the secondary fets more efficiently allowing for a relaxed fan profile. It has nothing to do with the caps' cooling actually. The most restricting factor for the caps cooling in the secondary are components or cables that block airflow to them.

As for the 290x unfortunately I don't have one to test whether the psu can handle it.

Thanks for the info, but my question was, if they used lower cost/less famous Taiwanese capacitors, in order to afford the cost of adding a 2nd heatsink. If this was the case, then my question is:
Did they decided right, or they should focus more on the combination higher cost/more famous Japanese caps and no 2nd heatsink?
What is the most logical move in order to give you better longevity of the PSU?

System Name Chaos
Processor Intel Core i5 4590K @ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z97 MPower MAX AC
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer i30 + MX4
Memory 4x4 GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400 GT/s CL11
Video Card(s) Palit GTX 1070 Dual @ stock
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 1 TB WD Green (Idle timer off) + 320 GB WD Blue
Display(s) Dell U2515H
Case Fractal Design Define R3
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX750 Platinum
Mouse CM Storm Recon
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro (MX Red)
Yeah, those FETs can handle up to 150°C without issues. Infineon actually specifies them for 175°C operating temperature, but I suspect that's junction temp, not case temp...