• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Beast in an ancient case

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Intel Core i7-2600K; 4.00 - 4.30 GHz
MSI Z77A-G43;
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 dual channel;
NVIDIA GTX 560Ti 2x not in SLI;
ADATA SP900 128GB SSD;
WD 500GB

The case is 20+ years old. It is from a very old server. I had to do some cutting to teach it a bit of cable management.
The GPUs are not installed in SLI as I don't game on this PC. I am only harvesting their CUDA performance for 3D rendering. The GPUs can do quite some heating so I normally run the case without side panels and with the two extra 120mm fans.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
wow nice, i like that. maybe you need to take a pic the whole case too

I voted 6/10 because:

Very interesting, elegant case - what model is it? It certainly is something different and doesn't look that old. I like your setup, it's looking very good!

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Intel Core i7-2600K; 4.00 - 4.30 GHz
MSI Z77A-G43;
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 dual channel;
NVIDIA GTX 560Ti 2x not in SLI;
ADATA SP900 128GB SSD;
WD 500GB

The case is 20+ years old. It is from a very old server. I had to do some cutting to teach it a bit of cable management.
The GPUs are not installed in SLI as I don't game on this PC. I am only harvesting their CUDA performance for 3D rendering. The GPUs can do quite some heating so I normally run the case without side panels and with the two extra 120mm fans.
wow nice, i like that. maybe you need to take a pic the whole case too
Please try to have a look through the gallery http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/4160.html, this should show the whole pictures.

I voted 6/10 because:

Very interesting, elegant case - what model is it? It certainly is something different and doesn't look that old. I like your setup, it's looking very good!

Actually I do not know. This case is really over 20 years old. It has an option to install an AT power supply :) I got it from a friend and I have found it kind of cool to fill it up with rather up to date HW. The black color and the meshes on the front are my work :)

Actually I do not know. This case is really over 20 years old. It has an option to install an AT power supply :) I got it from a friend and I have found it kind of cool to fill it up with rather up to date HW.
Like I said, you did a very good job with reviving this "old" case - it has become something unique. :toast:
The black color and the meshes on the front are my work :)
That explains why it looks so modern - very nice work. :) Also, there is so much space left to upgrade / fit new parts... I recommend you keep this very nice and special case for a long time! :cool: