• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Been researching for days, Please help

bigbadtaz

I have a Gateway 5032 pc with a Foxconn C51GU01 motherboard, I was using a 7800GT vid card till one day it quit, I had friends from the clan I'm in on Americas Army send me 3 new cards, ATI x2400 worked, the other 2 didn't (although they did in a friends pc) well, last week the 2400 quit. When pc boots, you can tell it tries to start the card, but it reverts to onboard. I have been using everest and pc wizard to diagnose. Here is report from everest: report attachment. Vid card was in slot during this test

Pc wizard has been correct at telling me whether pci-e slot is occupied or not. If any other details are needed please let me know. BIOS is set for pci-e vid first, mobo drivers has been updated

Attachments

• Report.txt
    291.3 KB · Views: 1,779
Last edited:
System Name Fractality 1.0
Processor Intel Core i7-860 @ 3.6GHz
Motherboard EVGA P55 SLI
Cooling Prolimatech Megahalems and four Fractal Design 120mm fans, sleeved
Memory 16GB Kingston Hyper RAM
Video Card(s) PNY GeForce 580 XLR8
Storage 64GB and 180GB SSDs / 1TB and 2TB HDDs
Display(s) 24" Acer V243W
Case Fractal Design Define R2, sleeved all I/O cables
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX750W modular, sadly only stock sleeving
Software Win 7 64bit
Could it be that some Nvidia GPU driver pieces remained in the system? Changing from Nvidia to ATI without properly erasing the previous display driver can be bad sometimes. I changed once from a X800 to a 6600, then back to the X800 without cleaning the drivers. And boy did it suck after that.

Also, is there an option in the BIOS to completely disable onboard video?

My guesses...

Processor Intel i7-5930k
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X99
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Memory 4x8GB HyperX FURY DDR4-2666 15-17-17-15
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
Storage 1x Plextor PX-512M6S SSD, 1x WD 750gb HDD, 2x Hitachi 2TB HDD, 1x Seagate 4TB HDD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2314H
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse ROCCAT Kone Pure Color White
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB - Cherry MX Brown
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
If you had 2 video cards quit, I would guess its your PSU.

Namslas90

Probably your PSU does not have the amps needed, not to mention its now several years old.
The PSU that came in your Gateway was never very good anyways.

Have you updated (checked) for Motherboard Driver updates?

Be sure to properly clean out OLD VGA drivers and reboot before installing new VGA drivers.

What are the two other cards?

Link to gateway drivers for your PC;
http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?st=pn&param=5878

System Name Fractality 1.0
Processor Intel Core i7-860 @ 3.6GHz
Motherboard EVGA P55 SLI
Cooling Prolimatech Megahalems and four Fractal Design 120mm fans, sleeved
Memory 16GB Kingston Hyper RAM
Video Card(s) PNY GeForce 580 XLR8
Storage 64GB and 180GB SSDs / 1TB and 2TB HDDs
Display(s) 24" Acer V243W
Case Fractal Design Define R2, sleeved all I/O cables
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX750W modular, sadly only stock sleeving
Software Win 7 64bit

bigbadtaz

Ok, thx for the replies so far! I have a new psu (sorry, thought that would be on report) a 450, as for motherboard drivers, I have tried both, the ones from gateway, and the ones from nvidia. As for BIOS, I found unlocked version here and it works good. The very last thing I tried (in this order); I flashed BIOS unlocked, cleared CMOS, clean install windows w/ gateway recovery cd, reinstalled gatway mobo drivers, then tried nvidia drivers. PC Wizard 2008 picks up whether my vid card is installed or not. but with everest I noticed that it said that I have 2 pci-e x1 slots whereas I only have one

bigbadtaz

I'll tell you what I found out today, Thru all the forums I've went and read the last few weeks was that alot of systems that were close to mine had a (PCI-Express Root Port) listed in their system devices. That listing was not in mine, so I found a (nforce4 PCI-Express Root Port) driver and installed it with hardware wizard manual install. Rebooted, I have a 26" flat panel with vga and dvi, upon boot screen I was able to see from both inputs, onboard and geforce 7950, untill windows started.then it rebooted it's self. If this is any help to someone else who knows a little more then me to solve this great mistery:banghead: LOL

lebob23

i have the same problem i bought the gt5056 (c51guo1 motherboard) and put in a 7300gs and two years later it refuses to boot from the 7300gs (the power button light flashes three times) then reverts back to the 6100