1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Benchmarks for 8800gts old/new

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by xubidoo, Jan 15, 2008.

1. xubidoo

Thanks Received:
    have been looking for some benchmarks that compare the old 8800s with the newer gt/gts cards ,but not had any luck so far finding any.

reason i ask is because im considering switching to the newer GTS in the nxt mnth or so,would it be worth my while bearing in mind my current card(see specs) ?

and if u think i is worthwhile upgrading how mcuh difference do u think im likely to see?

and before any1 says ,no im not interested in an ATI card :) had nothing but bad luck with them in the past so i simply dont bother with ATI anymore.
    not bothered if the r cheaper or better performing ,i just want to stick with nvidia however good or bad u may think that is.

thanks

2. MikeJeng

MikeJeng New Member

Thanks Received:
    The new GTS is like, 5% faster.

Not worth $70 more.

3. SK-1

Thanks Received:
    5% faster than what. a GTX?
    I think you might want to do just a tad of research,..The new 512GTS is markedly faster than the old 640GTS.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. vega22

vega22

Thanks Received:
    well if you have an older gts tbh i would find it hard to justify spending again to get the new one, but they are markedly more powerfull and use less power so you could try to justify on the premiss that it will save me money due to my lower power bill :D

check the 3dmark thread as it has both cards and shows you how they stack up in this benchmark.

^^^

he might also want to take a look at it too as the g92 gts is the only single card setups in the top 10.