• We've upgraded our forums. Please post any issues/requests in this thread.

BenQ Introduces New RL2455HM Gaming Monitor With Blazing-Fast Response Time

120Hz oscillation is nothing for modern electronic circuits. Heck, your CPU oscillates billions of times a second and lasts for years!
Dude ffs! Why do you think Intel said that overclocking voids your warranty? Exactly because it shortens the lifespan of your CPU!!! A CPU is designed to work between certain limits. Guess what TurboBoost is now? It overclocks your CPU for a certain amount of time because of thermal concerns and because of this. Your monitor is designed to work exactly like that. For certain amounts of time. No matter how much you play a game you won't be playing it 24/7. What's so hard to understand? I am not saying your monitor will blow up because of this I am saying it will break faster because of it...

But whatever. Everything you say on TPU must and will be turned into a long argument it seems, in which you will be attacked for expressing an opinion. Especially if you're trying to help out...

Last edited:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name A dancer in your disco of fire
Processor i3 4130 3.4Ghz
Motherboard MSI B85M-E45
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1400Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 760 DCU2OC 2GB
Storage Crucial BX100 120GB | WD Blue 1TB x 2
Display(s) BenQ GL2450HT
Case AeroCool DS Cube White
Power Supply Cooler Master G550M
Mouse Intellimouse Explorer 3.0
Keyboard Dell SK-3205
Software Windows 10 Pro
Dude ffs! Why do you think Intel said that overclocking voids your warranty? Exactly because it shortens the lifespan of your CPU!!! A CPU is designed to work between certain limits. Guess what TurboBoost is now? It overclocks your CPU for a certain amount of time because of thermal concerns and because of this. Your monitor is designed to work exactly like that. For certain amounts of time. No matter how much you play a game you won't be playing it 24/7. What's so hard to understand? I am not saying your monitor will blow up because of this I am saying it will break faster because of it...

But whatever. Everything you say on TPU must and will be turned into a long argument it seems, in which you will be attacked for expressing an opinion. Especially if you're trying to help out...

You both have points though. Can electronics run fast? Oh yes. Will they degrade faster? Probably yes, but that varies from chip to chip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.3GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LK
Memory 16GB(2x8) DDR3@2133MHz 1.5v Patriot
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
Storage 59.63GB Samsung SSD 830 + 465.76 GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO + 2TB Hitachi + 300GB Velociraptor HDD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Anker
Software Win 10 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Thing is, the strobing effect of LB is also great for the desktop, since it elminates motion blur when moving windows around, or watching video, too. There's no flicker or eyestrain either, because it's flashing at 120Hz. Hence, I leave LB on the whole time now.
Is it me or LCD's don't flicker?!? For the love of God 60Hz on CRT is NOT the same this as 60Hz on LCDs....

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K at stock (hits 5 gees+ easily)
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (4 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme Edition
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Green 4TB
Display(s) BenQ XL2720Z | Asus VG278HE (both 27", 144Hz, 3D Vision 2, 1080p)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W v1
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

This keeps rolling on because you keep bringing up new strawmen arguments. Anyway, here goes:

- Overclocking is not the same as running a component at stock. You're running it faster than designed to for greater performance, so will therefore wear it out faster. No one here is suggesting that you run the monitor out of spec to get more performance out of it. LB is a stock feature which is designed to run 24/7, see below.

- The nvidia driver has the standard option to run the monitor 24/7 like this. It's called "Always run in 3D mode". nvidia wouldn't allow this if it was asking the monitor to do anything it wasn't designed for that shortened its life.

I hope that clears this up for you?

Is it me or LCD's don't flicker?!? For the love of God 60Hz on CRT is NOT the same this as 60Hz on LCDs....
Indeed it's not. Nowhere near.

However, all LCD monitors do actually flicker! They oscillate the pixels to avoid them wearing out quickly. However, the way the pixels are phased prevents any visible flicker from being seen. Video test programs can show up this oscillation by putting out patterns that will flicker. Because different monitors implement this differently, different patterns are required to show this. I did it once on my monitor ages ago and it was quite freaky!

EDIT: LightBoost makes an LCD monitor flicker in a very similar way to a CRT since the backlight is strobed. It's the shear speed of 120Hz that stops this being a problem and hence no eyestrain. If it was strobing at just 60Hz, then you would see that flicker and get eyestrain from it.

Last edited:
System Name Firelance
Processor i5-3570K @ 4.6GHz / 1.19V
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H @ F16h mod BIOS
Cooling Corsair H105 + 4x Gentle Typhoon 1850
Memory 2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 CL9 @ CL7
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC @ 2000 core / 2300 mem
Storage 2x 256GB Samsung 840 Pro (RAID-0) + Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 (3TB)
Display(s) Dell U2713HM (25x14) + Acer P243W (19x12)
Case Fractal Design ARC XL
Audio Device(s) Logitech G930
Power Supply Seasonic M12-II Bronze Evo Edition 750W
Mouse Logitech G400
Keyboard Logitech G19
Software Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
Another 1080p monitor? Sadness.