1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best 16GB Flash Drive Under $50

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Soylent Joe, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking for the 16GB USB flash drive that offers me the best mix of performance, durability, design, and warranty all for around $50 including shipping.

The contestants.

Interests (in no particular order)

There are plenty of other competitors that look good but those four jumped out at me. I'm wanting to stay on the egg but I may go elsewhere if someone can point me to an outstanding deal. As always, thanks ahead of time.

digibucc says thanks.
  2. BUCK NASTY

BUCK NASTY F@H Mod & 4P Enthusiust Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the Patriot and it is faster, but not noticeably in real world scenarios. The cap is a pain and I am shocked I have not lost it yet. Bulletproof body and a lanyard you could hang yourself by. Overall, a great flash drive choice.

digibucc and Soylent Joe say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Go cheap for the Sandisk Cruzer Micro?

Soylent Joe says thanks.
  4. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe

Thanks Received:
    Additional info/question:

The reason I was wanting a 16GB was because I'm trying to find a method of carrying multiple 4.5GB+ VOB (converted MKV) HD videos over to my PS3. I have a few 4GB drives and obviously because the files I'm dealing with are so large, that drive is too small. The PS3 can only read from external hard drives if they have the FAT32 file system, and if they're FAT32 individual file sizes can't exceed 4GB (and the files I want are over 4GB each, can't be bothered splitting them due to the conversion thing and formats) therefore eliminating use of an external hard drive as a means of transporting and accessing the media.

So, my question is, does the PS3 FAT32-only problem and FAT32 filesize limit still apply when talking about flash drives? I know I've been able to play whatever format videos from a jump drive before with no problem, so I think it doesn't.

5. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Good review here: Test freaks blog
    :)
    Go with the patriot, if you are looking for speed.