1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best AGP Nvidia card?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by SlipSlice, Aug 7, 2006.

1. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have an AGP slot on my motherboard, and I am looking for a great Nvidia card for around 150-175 dollars.. I have a ATI Radeon 9550 right now, and an Nvidia mobo, and they don't work good together.. I mean, knock on wood I have had no technical issues, but my cards preformance with this motherboard is really low...I mean really low!! So this time I thought that matching up the card with the motherboard would be the best thing to do..lol..anyways, do any of you have an suggestions on graphics cards in Nvidia, for 175 dollars or less..(in AGP)

P.S. I would like something the fastest in its series.. Don't know much about Nvidia that is why I am asking you guys, but in ATI to explain to you it would like the XT versions of ATI cards...:)

Thx guys

Slip-

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    I have a NFforce 5 chipset and a X1800GTO, and they work together really good, the problem is your GFX card

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Cybie1111 New Member

Thanks Received:
    And you can't compromise the competition's video cards(ATi) from their own mainboard (nVidia).

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have an X800XL, on an nForce 4 Ultra/SLI motherboard, no difference in performance compared to an Intel 945 chipset and ATI chipset.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok, I thought about it, and I am probably just going to get the X800 GtO from Newegg, since you can get it for $139.99 in AGP..It is only 89.99 for Pci-e to bad I don't have that slot though. anyways, the only question I have about that card is that I read about 20 reviews on it, and 15 out of 20 had really high temps on that card..some from overclocking and some just on stock..So I don't know..Dont want to take the risk of smoking the thing in a week.

10 Year Member at TPU