• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BEST CASE FANS [Suggestions Please]

tamalero

Hello there!
I'm thinking into modding my CoolerMaster Cavalier case because the case gets too hot!
currently I have the classsic rear 120mm fan, and a 80mm front fan ( default coolermaster ones )
and a 60mm side fan.

the problem is, with my actual overclock ( wich is not that strong.. just 250 FSB and a Winchester from 1.8 Ghz to 2.25 ) it gets preety hot thanks to my new MOBO
wich is a Nforce 4 , and my new videocard ( X850XT PCI-E )
The temp can go up to 60 ºC if I use it with my case closed (for protection I have the case open atm, and the cpu temp is always lower than 36ºC on idle and 49-52ºC on full load.

So the question is:
What Kind of Fan should I add to my Cavalier so more air flows inside my comp?

should I mod the case door to add a window, and thus cut it for bigger fans? ( the actual door is pure aluminium and only has room for one 60mm fan and my actual one sucks)

Note that Noise is not a problem since I Have a profound hearing problem ( Ie, Deafness )

so recommend me some FANS, BRANDS, and MINIMUM RPMS or TYPE OF FINS in the FAN.
:rockout:

Images of Cavaliers:
Inside view, shows the 120mm Fan

Side view, shows the Aluminium Panel and a 60mm Fan slot.

Last edited:
System Name The W.O.P.R.
Processor Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz 1.24 vcore
Motherboard ASUS P6T
Cooling Xigmatek S1283 with push\pull fan configuration.
Memory 6GB Mushkin DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20
Video Card(s) 2 - ASUS EAH5850 CrossfireX
Storage 1TB WD Black
Display(s) I-INC 28" 1920x1200 HDMI
Case Ultra M998
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD
Power Supply Corsair TX750W
Software Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
believe it or not, i have had great success with masscool fans from tigerdirect.com for only 3
dollars each!!

tamalero

Exeodus said:
believe it or not, i have had great success with masscool fans from tigerdirect.com for only 3
dollars each!!
no information about rotating speed, and number of fins? o_O

Christer

Processor AMD San Diego 4000
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Vapochill and 6 fans
Memory 1GB Platinum XMS at 225mhz
Video Card(s) Gainward 7800GTX
Storage total ca. 600GB
Display(s) Acer 19"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) Creative
Power Supply Enermax Noisetaker 465W
Software XP Pro
I use Antec's own fans or Nexus fans. These are not high CFM fans though as my P180 case keeps mobo ambient temps at around 36-38degC regardless of full load or idle, but they are quiet which is important. All Antec fans I have are 3 speeds, low, medium or high and they are all set to low..... I have 3x 120MM case fans and 1x80mm fan sucking hot air directly from the 7800....

In your case, which are exhaust and intake fans? I would recommend the front fan as an intake and the rear as an exhaust. The side one you can test yourself I guess?

tamalero

Christer said:
I use Antec's own fans or Nexus fans. These are not high CFM fans though as my P180 case keeps mobo ambient temps at around 36-38degC regardless of full load or idle, but they are quiet which is important. All Antec fans I have are 3 speeds, low, medium or high and they are all set to low..... I have 3x 120MM case fans and 1x80mm fan sucking hot air directly from the 7800....

In your case, which are exhaust and intake fans? I would recommend the front fan as an intake and the rear as an exhaust. The side one you can test yourself I guess?

its a Coolermaster Case, and of course the backone is exhaust
but still not enought.

thats why Im gonna add some side-fans
the 120mm = Exhaust
90mm = intake
atm I have a 90mm low rpm ( and very inefective) as intake on the side.

Christer

Motherboard Asus
Storage total ca. 600GB
Display(s) Acer 19"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) Creative
Software XP Pro
So how many fans can the case accommodate (and what size)? As I say, mine can take 4x 120MM case fans and 1x 80MM fan housing which blows/sucks air onto/from the gfx card....

Knowing how many you can actually house might be a good bit of info to have from you:)

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
if noise is no issue check out what delta has to offer you .. some of their fans can suck in little animals :)

G3n3®@1

W1zzard said:
if noise is no issue check out what delta has to offer you .. some of their fans can suck in little animals :)
haha but be prepared for a vacuum sound..mwahaha(watch out for the little animals because if they get sucked in then they can damage your hardware!!!11!one!)

tamalero

Christer said:
So how many fans can the case accommodate (and what size)? As I say, mine can take 4x 120MM case fans and 1x 80MM fan housing which blows/sucks air onto/from the gfx card....

Knowing how many you can actually house might be a good bit of info to have from you:)
I Can add another 120mm and up to a 80mm one to the side.
but if Im serious, I can save money to get a diferent door, with more fan slots.

its a CAVALIER 3 from coolermaster

tamalero

W1zzard said:
and what is delta?
be specified please, Im not very old on this forum, also considering I'm on Mexico, I dont knowmost brands that are usual in other countries.

G3n3®@1

delta is a company that produces very high quality fans for just about anything. but most are typically loud without some type of controller and can push ALOT of air.

tamalero

G3n3®@1 said:
delta is a company that produces very high quality fans for just about anything. but most are typically loud without some type of controller and can push ALOT of air.
any url? :D

Christer

Motherboard Asus
Storage total ca. 600GB
Display(s) Acer 19"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) Creative
Software XP Pro
They are noisy as f**k though:) I have even used Akasa Ambers in the past and they have a balance between CFM and noise.....