1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best coolant for my liquid cooled system?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by 2003CRF450GUY, Jun 6, 2007.

1. 2003CRF450GUY New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello I just took the plunge in to liquid cooling, I peaced together a swiftech system off eBay and saved allot of money. I went with an APOGEE universal CPU block, MCP350 pump, 120mm quiet power radiator, all from swiftech. Now all I need is the fluid I was thinking about going with primo chill PC ICE, is this a good coolant? It says it’s non conductive so I take it that means it wouldn’t fry my mobo if it leaked? I just want a good performing coolant that inset to expensive 30 dollars or less.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. 2003CRF450GUY New Member

Thanks Received:
    What about PC ICE from I "think its called" primo chill, is that stuff any good? Also I see swiftech has its own brand and its really cheap how does that perform and does it need to be pre mixxed?

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. curt New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey

i know this is probly not for u but its lots of fun with a liquid chiller

i was useing antyfreez an will agean 1 day [its a bit thick an not real good at room temp ]but at -15c its still flowin strong

worst part about a/f is its corosive eats at serkets on top of being conductive [if allso hered some a/f is toxic an dont get the non evaperating kind it sucks

for room temp running i just use streat water with a cap of bleach in it to keep it clear

i dont get leaks an my board is sealed in case i do

10 Year Member at TPU