1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best fans for NZXT Phantom Case ???

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by jonathan1107, Jul 1, 2011.

1. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, by looking @ my specs you can see that I have a monster PC that needs cooling...

Right now, I already have a bunch of fans... but of cheap value that don't push a lot of air... Their only advantage is that they're not super loud, but I'd rather keep my PC cool and have the noise...

Alright, so I need you guys to point me towards the VERY BEST fans for these particular situations (and pls give me links):

1) I have 2x 120mm fans that cool the bottom of the case and the hard drives... What are the best 120mm fans I could put in there ???

(they don't need to be LOUD, because that's the 1 place I don't need much air flow... still the ones I have right now don't push air in a straight line, they just funnel it all over...)

2) I have 2x200mm fan slots on top of my case, I could use on to pull air in and the other to exhaust the hot air out... What would be the very best 200mm fans?

(These can be loud, I don't mind)

3) I have a watercooler kit cooling my CPU with 2x 120 fans in a push-pull config... The 120mm fan that came with the kit performs well, but the other one I've put in there is cheap... What could I replace one or both of these with? What would the Flippin best Radiator fans out there (120mm) ???

4) And finally, I have a 200mm fan blowing air on my 2x 6950 CF setup... I need these 2 babies to stay cool, what would be the best 200mm or 230mm fan to do the job there? (I can either have a 200mm or 230mm fan there)

Thx in advance for your help and tips, really appreciate it.

2. kiddagoat

kiddagoat

Thanks Received:
    I would highly recommend the NZXT fans specifically made for that case. I would get the performance ones. If I recall from the packaging, 166CFM at 1300RPM.

For your 120mm fans, I would recommend some Aerocool Sharks or some Noisebusters, they are really good fans that provide excellent noise/airflow ratio. Scythe Kaze fans are good but I just like how the Aerocools look and they do move quite a bit of air.

3. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Well... I can confirm to you that the Fans that came with the Case don't do such a great job

(especially they don't blow cool air in a straight line... they funnel all over like cheap fans ... with the possible exception of the 200mm fan that came with the case)

I need precise recommendations for the 2x120mm radiator fans and especially for the 230mm fan that cools my video cards... I want performance here... THE VERY BEST pls and more importantly:

Links pls

Thx for your help and your time