• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best socket 754 Motherboard? / Best chipset for overclocking?

Best chipset for overclocking?

• SiS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uli

• VIA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Devil_Inside

Hi! Another thread I am posting, hoping to understand the whole overclocking process and to choose the right components... Well I might be a bit to late since I already built my mashine, but I thought that I might be able to replace the motherboard w/ a better one w/ greater overclocking abilities (I know it's not only the mobo)

To make it simple, I am looking for socket 754 based mobo with AGP slot. I don't know even which chipset to choose...I hope you might be able to help me. Here is the list that I will be choosing from (most likely)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...bmit=ENE&Page=1&SrchInDesc=agp&SubCategory=22

My current system is:

AMD 3400+ w/ Venice core @2400MHz stock, 512k L2

Gigabyte GA-K8VM 800M motherboard (there are few things that I don't like about it including poor BIOS options)

PC3200 Corssair XMS RAm 2x512MB

X800GTO AGP VGA

ROSEVILLE 350W PSU

Some drives, fans, and case

Any help would be appresiated...Thanks

ktr

i heard that the evga boards are not that bad for o/cing

I am not an expert on motherboards.
But I have seen that the best overclocking boards are DFI's and ASUS boards aren't as good as DFI, but good at OCing as well.
As for the chipset I would say nForce4 since they are a good and stable chipset.