• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bethesda: No Plans to Add FOV Slider to First Person View, Voice Chat Always On

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
In what is sure to become a controversial response to player feedback, Bethesda has gone out to clarify some questions users might have regarding particular features in the release of Fallout 76. For one, it seems that the FOV will be limited to the anemic, defaulty 80º - a decision that simply can't be understood in the wake of recent game releases and ultrawide screen support existence. Even if one does not consider that, 80º FOV still remains a very limited view ratio for a good percentage of users.

The other, definitely more... debatable.. decision is the "Always On" feature for voice chat. Instead of the much more private "Push to Talk" option - which allows anyone with a good sense of privacy to not talk to the entire world while using their nose hair trimmer, or eating Pringles, or listening to (insert your favorite kind of music here) - Bethesda says that in order for the world to feel really "alive", an always-on chat will definitely nudge people towards communicating. We'll see how hard that one decision turns out for the game world. It'll be a great immersion experience, I'm sure. You can read the entire Bethesda blog response after the break.

Hi all,

We'd like to extend our sincerest thanks to everyone who played the Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. The stories you've been sharing, the feedback you've provided, and the issues you've made us aware of have been appreciated along this journey.

We've been reading everyone's comments and wanted to share some of what will be addressed on or close to launch and what we're investigating post-launch.

We encourage you to keep sharing it with us whether that's on Reddit, social channels like Twitter and Facebook, and our official forums.

Thank you again for your continued support.

• Ultra-Wide Support: We will support 21:9 post launch. Once available, or shortly before, we'll be sure to post our patch notes that let you know when to expect it.
  • Larger Stash Size: We've seen this one come up a lot and understand the frustration. While the Stash size at 400 weight limit can get easier to deal with over time, we do plan on increasing it in the future.
  • Push-to-Talk: While we aim to create a consistent experience no matter what platform you're on, we understand that some of you on PC would like the option for Push-to-Talk. Our goal with voice chat being on by default is to highlight that the world is alive with real people, other players like you. We like to start with encouraging player interaction and will look into adding this in the future.
  • FOV Slider: We haven't supported FOV sliders in our previous games as it is known to break a lot of animations and causes a lot of clipping to occur onscreen. You do have the option to zoom out in third person on PC by holding View and moving the mousewheel, but we won't be able to have it for first person view.
  • Exploits of Various Types: Many exploits we've seen reported have been known and will be addressed in a future update.
  • Issues with social menu and inviting friends/making teams/etc.: Those who were experiencing issues with the social components will find that many of these issues have been fixed. We will continue to fix issues as they arise as fast as we're able to, so keep letting us know when you run into them.
  • Hunger not being sated: Some were saying their "Hunger bar" wouldn't replenish no matter how much they ate or how cleared of diseases they were. This issue has been addressed and will be in a future update so no more hungry dwellers.
  • Loud Gunshot/Noises: The issue of players hearing sudden random gunshot/loud sounds around Appalachia will be addressed in a future update near launch.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
Did they ever have a slider? I always edited the ini files.

People don't realize Skyrim was originally set up for 16:10 btw. It needs that adjustment.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
The Division has a public always-on chat feature as well which was active in the Dark Zone. If you used ingame voice chat, you could hear others and it had real positional audio as well. It was awesome in terms of immersion. Groups could be seen using codewords to tell the group to initiate an attack, it made standoffs super tense.

Unfortunately people in premade groups would use a different voice client and simply not use the ingame chat. These days you barely see people use it at all.

System Name Warranty Void Mk.IV
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asus X470-I Strix
Cooling Arctic Freezer 240 + 2x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm / Silverstone 120mm Slim
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz 2x8GB CL16 - Tightened Sub-timings
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra
Storage WD SN550 / MX300 / MX500
Display(s) AOC CU34G2 / LG 29UM69G-B - Auxilary
Case CM NR200p / Silverstone RVZ03-B
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 1220+SupremeFX
Power Supply Corsair CX550M 550W / Silverstone SX650-G 650W
Mouse Logitech G302/G502/G203 / RPG: Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard CM Masterkeys Pro M / Asus Sagaris GK100
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 - LTSB
I'll quote myself right now...

"Whoever @ Bethesda thought this was a good idea with that POS engine, need to rethink their priorities. It's good for large amounts of objects, other data and open worlds, I get it. But the performance cost and other idiosyncrasies doesn't justify any of it. Why do they refuse to simply keep all the naming conventions, remaining similarities and start over... Just hire someone who knows what they are doing, ffs.

What they are doing now is just milking the same old cow. Nobody should give them money under the current circumstances, not until they fix their sluggish/mutated mess.

No DX12 support, no ultrawide aspect ratio, no proper framerate control, no refresh rate control, framepacing issues (worse on AMD cards), no UI scaling options, no true positional audio, using old deprecated Windows/file system functions for slow loading and the list goes on... Do you even program bro?"

I mean you can change most of these in the .ini but that is all backwards to Win 3.1/95 days and its stupid in this decade. You can also do it IN-ENGINE (through console commands) and for some stupid reason they can't just put that on the settings UI. What is wrong with them!? So many quality of life things can be implemented but it never occured to them after they released Morrowind all those years ago? If this is their idea of a joke, I don't get it.

Everyone belonging to Zenimax is a complete tool 'cause they are fine with this.

And by the way you the player are their tester now. Companies releasing these multiplayer only games seem to never have testers of their own, because if they did, so many glaring issues would never fly past the radar.

I think they are making games to make investors happy, not the players. And players are still giving them money, so the companies keep doing the same old crap. Some are exceptions because they know exactly what they are doing... Release a few meh sequels, then release the game that players actually wanted! Profit! Everyone is happy.

My salt levels are at an all time high. Their fault for not even addressing issues that are 10+ years old that can be plainly seen in the engine code once you reverse engineer the executables.

Last edited:
System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
My younger brother wanted me to keep this game on my radar and he tried to tell me why, but I didn't want to hear it and told him I wouldn't get this game, even if it was free.

I wasn't impressed with the Fallout series after Fallout 2. I won't say that I didn't enjoy my time in Fallout Vegas, but I didn't treat the game as Fallout. I just treated is a different game to a different series - I didn't use the VATS during combat, not even once. Straight up shooter with an okay story and decent atmosphere. I didn't enjoy the game engine, though. It felt clunky.... and how people describe Fallout 4 not being improved upon with the Creation Engine didn't really inspire a need for me to run out and play Fallout 4. I can't see why folks would want to play, let alone, support Fallout 76 given the past history of issues from the other games in the series that never seem to be improved upon properly (or at all).

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
I'll quote myself right now...

"Whoever @ Bethesda thought this was a good idea with that POS engine, need to rethink their priorities. It's good for large amounts of objects, other data and open worlds, I get it. But the performance cost and other idiosyncrasies doesn't justify any of it. Why do they refuse to simply keep all the naming conventions, remaining similarities and start over... Just hire someone who knows what they are doing, ffs.

What they are doing now is just milking the same old cow. Nobody should give them money under the current circumstances, not until they fix their sluggish/mutated mess.

No DX12 support, no ultrawide aspect ratio, no proper framerate control, no refresh rate control, framepacing issues (worse on AMD cards), no UI scaling options, no true positional audio, using old deprecated Windows/file system functions for slow loading and the list goes on... Do you even program bro?"

I mean you can change most of these in the .ini but that is all backwards to Win 3.1/95 days and its stupid in this decade. You can also do it IN-ENGINE (through console commands) and for some stupid reason they can't just put that on the settings UI. What is wrong with them!? So many quality of life things can be implemented but it never occured to them after they released Morrowind all those years ago? If this is their idea of a joke, I don't get it.

Everyone belonging to Zenimax is a complete tool 'cause they are fine with this.

And by the way you the player are their tester now. Companies releasing these multiplayer only games seem to never have testers of their own, because if they did, so many glaring issues would never fly past the radar.

I think they are making games to make investors happy, not the players. And players are still giving them money, so the companies keep doing the same old crap. Some are exceptions because they know exactly what they are doing... Release a few meh sequels, then release the game that players actually wanted! Profit! Everyone is happy.

My salt levels are at an all time high. Their fault for not even addressing issues that are 10+ years old that can be plainly seen in the engine code once you reverse engineer the executables.

Oh, so you can still adjust INIs? I was a little confused at first..

I get that you want more convenience, but there is a lot of control in those inis that would just be crazy in a menu. Maybe they should add FOV, but where would you want them to stop? Those files cover a lot. That engine is meant to be tweaked and modded in more ways than one… and it's a good thing imo. Maybe not for this title, but it was a good thing up until this point.

System Name Warranty Void Mk.IV
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asus X470-I Strix
Cooling Arctic Freezer 240 + 2x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm / Silverstone 120mm Slim
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz 2x8GB CL16 - Tightened Sub-timings
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra
Storage WD SN550 / MX300 / MX500
Display(s) AOC CU34G2 / LG 29UM69G-B - Auxilary
Case CM NR200p / Silverstone RVZ03-B
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 1220+SupremeFX
Power Supply Corsair CX550M 550W / Silverstone SX650-G 650W
Mouse Logitech G302/G502/G203 / RPG: Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard CM Masterkeys Pro M / Asus Sagaris GK100
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 - LTSB
My younger brother wanted me to keep this game on my radar and he tried to tell me why, but I didn't want to hear it and told him I wouldn't get this game, even if it was free.

I wasn't impressed with the Fallout series after Fallout 2. I won't say that I didn't enjoy my time in Fallout Vegas, but I didn't treat the game as Fallout. I just treated is a different game to a different series - I didn't use the VATS during combat, not even once. Straight up shooter with an okay story and decent atmosphere. I didn't enjoy the game engine, though. It felt clunky.... and how people describe Fallout 4 not being improved upon with the Creation Engine didn't really inspire a need for me to run out and play Fallout 4. I can't see why folks would want to play, let alone, support Fallout 76 given the past history of issues from the other games in the series that never seem to be improved upon properly (or at all).
If they wanted to play a game that is more "Fallout", 3 and New Vegas do it far better than 4 ever did. There's thing passed around bonfires... Hardcore fans would be completely fine if that game wasn't called "Fallout 4", "Fallout 76" or whatever. Because it really has little to do with the franchise anymore. Most of the things that make a "Fallout" game aren't intact anymore. The story and setting were retconned to apply with the "new" game mechanics easier.

Ghouls need water to survive? Nah, nah, nah. Let's make it so they don't need that stuff...

Last edited:

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Here's the kicker: voice chat is not always on if I stay away from the title. So take that Bethesda.

Oh great. So the will be constant buzzing and humming sounds coming from everyone who's mic's pick up their PC noises?
I can't see how this can ever go wrong lol

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
Oh great. So the will be constant buzzing and humming sounds coming from everyone who's mic's pick up their PC noises?

Just get some audio loop of Darth Vader's breathing as you walk around in game......never say anything else, just simply let the Darth Vader breathing play over the mic, nonstop:

Well in the beta you can set the voice to All or Team or None. Not sure why they dont add " push to talk"? how hard is that to implement??

System Name Proper
Processor 5900X + OC
Motherboard GB X570s Elite AX
Cooling WC Heatkiller 3.0 LT
Memory G.Skill 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3070 Ti Trinity LC'ed + OC
Storage KC2500 1TB + A2000 1TB
Display(s) GB M32Q
Case Fractal Define R6 USB C
Audio Device(s) Creative AE-7 + Phonic AM120
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-850
Mouse Log G502 X LS
Keyboard Keychron K5 Opt.brown
Bethesda: No plans to add FOV slider.

Me: No plans to buy their crap...

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Yeah... no.

If i was playing with friends we'd just have to find ways to disable the in game mic and use discord, this is another stupid idea.

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
On Half-Life 2 series I always pushed the FOV slider to 90º, and still felt like it wasn't enough. What a pain it must be if you are on ultrawide...

And the always on microphone, yeah, right. My headset, like many others, has a little slider to shut the mic off. And there is a cable I can disconnect, if I'm upset enough about it.

Just get some audio loop of Darth Vader's breathing as you walk around in game......never say anything else, just simply let the Darth Vader breathing play over the mic, nonstop:

I think I'm going to do this, but on Left 4 Dead 2. Will be fun to only hear Lord Vader's breathing on my ears while I walk into a zombie nest or something :laugh:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
muting your mic wont help you mute everyone ELSES mics - even in PUBG where having your mic always on to public is a massive negative, often i catch people camping in buildings by their heavy mouth breathing, smashing cherry blue keyboards, or all the wonderful background noise (chinese internet cafes... ugh)

Mic always on is a bad fucking idea on PC

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Keep making it more unappealing Bethesda. Big sales! Much hype! :banghead:
I’ve been fighting wth those issues with every iteration now you’re gonna force it on us?
This really wasn’t on my radar but you’re putting plenty of nails in the coffin for everybody else...

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
often i catch people camping in buildings by their heavy mouth breathing, smashing cherry blue keyboards, or all the wonderful background noise (chinese internet cafes... ugh)

That bad? Crap... well, hopefully there will be some setting to control the voice chat volume. Left 4 Dead 2 allows you to control both the transmit and the receive volume levels.

I'm not a multiplayer type, but Bethesda should have known this "feature" could be a terrible idea. Either that or they don't beta-test real-life scenarios (meaning, people with horrible sound setups and noisy environments)

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
That bad? Crap... well, hopefully there will be some setting to control the voice chat volume. Left 4 Dead 2 allows you to control both the transmit and the receive volume levels.

I'm not a multiplayer type, but Bethesda should have known this "feature" could be a terrible idea. Either that or they don't beta-test real-life scenarios (meaning, people with horrible sound setups and noisy environments)

ported from console where push to talk is impractical (and most players dont even have mics, or headset only)

... so I'll buy and play in few month time, then ...
... when Bethesda figure out they made simply a HUGE mistake ...
... if after that time still will be something to get back to ...

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
No FoV slider?? Totalbiscuit would of had a field day with this game.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
This is literally a Fallout/TES mod being sold as a FPSMMO with the same busted engine they have used for years.
Currently the game don't even have integrity checks so you can just use the standard Fallout/TES mod tools to do whatever you want.
But hey if people will keep buying garbage why bother making competent games.

more about the zero effort mp mod to the engine

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G3XMN + Samsung S22F350
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11
Can these people even code?

I mean you can change most of these in the .ini but that is all backwards to Win 3.1/95 days and its stupid in this decade.
No it isn't. There's an old saying and it shines brightly in this instance; If it's not broken, don't fix it. INI and CFG files work very well and make changing in-game parameters which are not found in the games' menu's a breeze.

Totalbiscuit
Yeah, he would have. RIP Mr Bain.

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
No it isn't. There's an old saying and it shines brightly in this instance; If it's not broken, don't fix it. INI and CFG files work very well and make changing in-game parameters which are not found in the games' menu's a breeze.
Except this is now an MP game and this outdated system allows you to do anything you want with zero effort or consequence or maybe you missed Batou1986’s post...They”ve “locked down” what should be a basic option but left the entire back door open for anything and everything else.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Another clear case of told you so. Except this time everyone told everyone so - and people still went out and paid for a beta test.