• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

beyerdynamic Drives Wireless Innovation with Xelento

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
beyerdynamic, one of the world's leading manufacturers of headphones, microphones and conferencing products, announces Xelento, a wireless, in-ear headphone combining outstanding quality and cutting technology to create an exciting musical experience. The Xelento wireless features beyerdynamic's innovative, miniaturized Tesla drivers, aptX HD Bluetooth technology and MOSAYC sound personalization by Mimi Defined.

beyerdynamic's Xelento wireless bridges the gap for convenient on-the-go solutions and sophisticated luxury headphones by creating a single solution to combine two worlds. Xelento's drivers and acoustic design provide uncompromising sound with Bluetooth connectivity to enable comfortable listening in any environment. Xelento's breathtaking Tesla drivers are recognized among audio enthusiasts for their incredible sound, precise impulses, exceptional transparency and acoustic balance ranging from tight bass to detailed highs. Featuring a sleek design, the Xelento wireless is both an exquisite piece of jewelry and an audiophile listening device creating a platinum state for in-ear headphones.

Xelento incorporates MOSAYC sound personalization by Mimi Defined to create a customized listening experience through beyerdynamic's MIY (Make it Yours) app. Listeners can complete a short hearing test to identify the specific characteristics of their ears and adjust the playback to fit the profile. The innovative MOSAYC technology by Mimi Defined restores the faded pieces of the acoustic image to perfect the individual listening experience.

beyerdynamic Xelento wireless supports the Qualcomm aptX HD codec to enable the transmission of 24-bit signals in full resolution, meanwhile, providing the best possible performance of the high-end drivers. Additionally, the Xelento wireless is compatible with aptX and AAC to provide connectivity with every conventional playback device.

To learn more about beyerdynamic, please visit https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

If it's not true wireless I don't see the point.

Processor i5-13500
Motherboard MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX3060 12GB
Storage 250GB NVME (main) 1TB SSD (Game) 1TB HDD (Storage) 2TB HDD (ext Backup)
Display(s) Benq 27" GW2765 + Asus 27" VE278 + 55" Hisense
Case Cougar MX600 White
Audio Device(s) Audiotrack Prodigy Cube DAC + Edifer S330D + Plantronics RIG 400
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Keyboard EVGA Z15 Brown Tactile (Blue Oring, Lube, Silence Pad)
It is bluetooth. But the price they want is just stoopid.
$1200 ???

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
It is bluetooth. But the price they want is just stoopid.
$1200 ???
But the frequency response is up to 48kHz, man... If you can't appreciate it, your cat will. :D:D:D

P.S. At least their lame "Audio Jewelery" term did not make it into this press release )))

If it's not true wireless I don't see the point.
And "true wireless" would be what?
I mean: if you're already doing the work of creating a new term, why not add a definition? ;-)

Last edited:
System Name My Addiction
Processor AMD Ryzen 7950X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi
Cooling Alphacool Core Ocean T38 AIO 240mm
Memory G.Skill 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XTX
Storage Some SSDs
Display(s) 42" Samsung TV + 22" Dell monitor vertically
Case Lian Li A4-H2O
Audio Device(s) Denon + Bose
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Glorious
VR HMD None
Software Win 10
Benchmark Scores None taken
Guess he means that easy-to-loose nonsense apple and the others created with about 2-4 hours of max running time/charge. Where you just have two little piece of whatever to plug in your ear and nothing else.
To be honest I have nothing against these little plugs. Sound quality should be good enough for most and 2-4h battery life is fine (daily you shouldn't use in-ear headphones for longer anyway).
But they're not exactly "more wireless" than these, are they? :-D

It just leads to some MontyPython-like situation where people go to a shop and ask for sour headphones.

And "true wireless" would be what?
I mean: if you're already doing the work of creating a new term, why not add a definition? ;-)

It's not exactly a new term but you're being ignorant or coy. True wireless in the sense there is no wire to the signal source or from driver to driver.
Guess he means that easy-to-loose nonsense apple and the others created with about 2-4 hours of max running time/charge. Where you just have two little piece of whatever to plug in your ear and nothing else.

If you were ever active, meaning worked out or did any sort of physical labor/activity you'd understand why true wireless is awesome.

The biggest reason to get them is no more cord noise. When you're bouncing around or making an attempt to not be a lazy blob that noise is extremely annoying. Second, my Jabra Elite Sport buds last a good 5 hours, they charge in 15-30 minutes, so there's not many people going to exceed their battery run time before taking a break which gives you a chance to charge them. And lastly the word is LOSE and not loose, it's not that difficult to grasp the difference but I digress because this isn't English class and I certainly don't write perfectly.

System Name My Addiction
Processor AMD Ryzen 7950X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi
Cooling Alphacool Core Ocean T38 AIO 240mm
Memory G.Skill 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XTX
Storage Some SSDs
Display(s) 42" Samsung TV + 22" Dell monitor vertically
Case Lian Li A4-H2O
Audio Device(s) Denon + Bose
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Glorious
VR HMD None
Software Win 10
Benchmark Scores None taken
If you were ever active, meaning worked out or did any sort of physical labor/activity you'd understand why true wireless is awesome.

The biggest reason to get them is no more cord noise. When you're bouncing around or making an attempt to not be a lazy blob that noise is extremely annoying. Second, my Jabra Elite Sport buds last a good 5 hours, they charge in 15-30 minutes, so there's not many people going to exceed their battery run time before taking a break which gives you a chance to charge them. And lastly the word is LOSE and not loose, it's not that difficult to grasp the difference but I digress because this isn't English class and I certainly don't write perfectly.

Well I did and still do with my BEO P2. I have an Ety but my problem were not the cord noise but the noises of my own body interfering with the music. I can't listen to it while I hear the shockwaves of my steps through my skeleton or my heart pounding in my ear. It can be my fault for not listening my music louder, but I bougt the Ety for it's superior noise dampening capabilities so I can listen music on the way home without further damaging my hearing. (6 years on old loud russian designed metro was fair enough damage to begin with...) Unfortunately it can not damper noises coming from inside.

I believe your statement, I just didn't had those problems.

It's not exactly a new term but you're being ignorant or coy. True wireless in the sense there is no wire to the signal source or from driver to driver.
"True wireless" seems like a sad marketing term. The way our culture defined the word "wireless" makes it a binary qualifier. Why isn't it just called "cordless" or "compact"?
Also, I've noticed you're quite sensitive about English. "True wireless" doesn't disturb you?

Is this kind of headphones wireless in your world?

I don't think I would EVER use wireless in-ear plugs (IEMs) for any kind of physical activity for 2 very good reasons:
1) they do fall out occasionally and in case of my favourite activities (road cycling and hiking) it basically means you have to buy a new pair,
2) I doubt I would feel comfortable with sealed ear during intense training (sweating, moisture).
The biggest reason to get them is no more cord noise.
You're looking for a cure to a problem you've just created. :-D
Microphonics (cord noise) is a big problem of IEMs, but not that significant in other types of headphones.
Moreover, it can actually be fixed (or significantly mitigated) by getting a higher-end product - preferably with braided detachable cord.
Sure, these may be quite expensive, but since you're using Jabra Elite Sport for ~$200 price doesn't seem to be an issue. ;-)

BTW: I quickly went through 3 reviews of the Jabra IEMs you own. They all mention that the fit is very firm and can be painful to some. So yeah, maybe they don't fall out as often as other IEMs (since they're "sporty"), but there is a price and they may not be for everyone.

"True wireless" seems like a sad marketing term. The way our culture defined the word "wireless" makes it a binary qualifier. Why isn't it just called "cordless" or "compact"?
Also, I've noticed you're quite sensitive about English. "True wireless" doesn't disturb you?

Is this kind of headphones wireless in your world?

I don't think I would EVER use wireless in-ear plugs (IEMs) for any kind of physical activity for 2 very good reasons:
1) they do fall out occasionally and in case of my favourite activities (road cycling and hiking) it basically means you have to buy a new pair,
2) I doubt I would feel comfortable with sealed ear during intense training (sweating, moisture).

You're looking for a cure to a problem you've just created. :-D
Microphonics (cord noise) is a big problem
Sure, these may be quite expensive, but since you're using Jabra Elite Sport for ~$200 price doesn't seem to be an issue. ;-)

BTW: I quickly went through 3 reviews of the Jabra IEMs you own. They all mention that the fit is very firm and can be painful to some. So yeah, maybe they don't fall out as often as other IEMs (since they're "sporty"), but there is a price and they may not be for everyone.

Are you aware that a cord and a wire are not the same? That's not too important just like most of your post but the other problem with your corded or wired options is that causes a pull from driver to driver which loosens the driver from your ear on top of the normal wiggling and vibration that causes them to fall out. As for the fit of the Jabras, that's not really relevant either because that's going to differ greatly from person to person. At work I've forgotten I even had them in a couple of times. As for your mention of cycling and hiking, as you a professional cyclist that races? I'm not sure how you consider hiking intense , if you said rock climbing I'd buy the story.

Are you aware that a cord and a wire are not the same?
Of course. And what you're describing are cordless headphones, i.e. they don't have a bendy, long object sticking out of them.
But they're certainly not wireless. There are a lot of wires inside. So at least the standard definition of "wireless" is holding, i.e. at some point the signal travels without a solid medium.
And how is that language purism going on? You've never noticed the "true wireless" issue, right? I can sense your confusion. :-D
That's not too important just like most of your post but the other problem with your corded or wired options is that causes a pull from driver to driver which loosens the driver from your ear on top of the normal wiggling and vibration that causes them to fall out.
Of course again! The cord will make headphones fall out more frequently. But you don't lose them, do you? The cord saves your money.
I'm sure a headphone fell out of my ear hundreds of times throughout my life. I even ruined a pair this way, because the monitor went straight into a coffee mug.
Even if we assume cordless ones are 10 or 20 times less likely to fall out, where does it leave me? I would have been forced to replace them maybe 10 times by now. And well sounding pair can cost $200 and more - way much than either traditional cord models or bluetooth sets with a central DAC.
As for the fit of the Jabras, that's not really relevant either because that's going to differ greatly from person to person.
How can this not be relevant? It is very important - maybe even more than the objective, universal characteristics. Would you recommend your Jabra to another person based on your experience? And what if he buys them and they hurt?
At work I've forgotten I even had them in a couple of times.
So you've changed sides and now you're giving arguments for them being easy to lose? :)
As for your mention of cycling and hiking, as you a professional cyclist that races?
No, it's just for fitness/fun (and commuting in good weather).
I'm not sure how you consider hiking intense , if you said rock climbing I'd buy the story.
Maybe you're just walking very slowly. But hiking can be as intense as any physical activity if you want it.

System Name Desktop
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard ASUS Strix B550-A Gaming
Cooling Thermalright PA120
Memory DDR4-3200 8GB*4
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RX-6950XT
Storage Intel 670P 512GB, WD SN750 1TB, WD Blue SATA SSD 1TB
Display(s) Acer XZ321QU
Case Antec DF800 Flux
Audio Device(s) ifi-Audio xDSD Gryphon + 64 Audio U6t
Power Supply EVGA GS 850W
Mouse Logitech G604 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G512
Yeah the price tag is high, but the wired version of Xelento (Xelento Remote) actually costs ~1,000 USD on Amazon.
So most of the price comes from the headphone pieces, not the bluetooth part.
As an current owner of Xelento Remote, I do love its sound, and we all know that not everyone will see such price justified.
I'm plugging my Xelento to a cheap-ish Fiio BTR1K now. (In fact the BTR1K sounds better than the more expensive BTR3 to me).
Meanwhile, I'd be interested if Beyer sells the receiver+cable part separately. But I doubt it anyway...