1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BF2 Official Patch 1.50 will be released on September 1, 2009

Discussion in 'Games' started by EastCoasthandle, Aug 27, 2009.

1. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    :wtf:
    :laugh:

I strongly disagree. It would be ncie if the hitboxes were a lot more accurate but 1-shot-1-kill with the sniper rifles would ruin the game imo.

2. d3fct

d3fct

Thanks Received:
    all the expansions are free now, does that mean ea is gonna give me my money back for buying them? lol...

3. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Out september 2 here apparently might have to dl it of node and give it a whirl.

4. angelkiller

angelkiller

Thanks Received:
    Oh, it would definately ruin the game, but it would be alot more realistic. The M95 is a .50 caliber weapon. If I shot you in the chest, you're gonna wish it did more damage. :p But really, there's no way the M24 and the M95 should do the same amount of damage, but the game would be really imbalanced if they did it any other way.

5. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Hardcore BF2 mod?

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. hv43082

Thanks Received:
    Woohoo, we can finally crawl pass gaymore. And what is Updated the G36E HUD to react the same as other weapons during sprint?

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    cool , im suck from old an official patches , im play now AIX 2 mode seems this new 1.5 will be the chose

8. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, although I think they should have went one further, I think that you if you spot a gaymore and opt to crawl past it, then you should also be able to deactivate it like an engineer can deactivate AT Mines. Furthermore, any kit should have this ability.

Just last night I spotted a Gaymore at the other side of a 2m leap at the Construction site flag. So I turned around and moved away from it thinking I would take another route or just go to another flag but BOOM! Despite having spotted the gaymore a mile off, Despite the gaymore being placed on a totally different building that I had not even set foot on, the gaymore claimed yet another lame arsed easy gameplay destroying kill.

9. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    haha gaymores

10. angelkiller

angelkiller

Thanks Received:
    I love claymores just for that reason.

There's a certain feeling you get when you die as a sniper knowing you put a claymore down. Even though you're dead, you just tell yourself, 'juuuuust wait'. BOOM. 'Got 'em'. :cool:

As annoying as clays are, I don't think they're unfair. Yes they're a PITA alot of times, but snipers don't totally dominate becaues of them. I think it works out in the end. I like the ability to crawl past them though, because alot of times you see them ahead of time plus sinpers can still get kills with them because you can't see around corners.

11. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    The main problem with gaymores is not when a Sniper covers his back with them, but when the sniper lays them at the only two (or only) entrance to a flag. With zero methods available to circumnavigate them, it means that the Flag cannot be captured. Even if you notice it and try to stay away but capture the flag nontheless the gaymore is liable to still explode even if you are not any where near it. The gaymores have to be both capable of being crawled past AND deactivated.

12. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    EPIC! Thank you EastCoast!!!

Time to finally get my knife and gun badge. :slap:

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. angelkiller

angelkiller

Thanks Received:
    Clays on the flag? Hehe... :rolleyes:

I've played alot of Karkand IO and (I've found) that the issue is not as bad as you describe. Yeah, there are clays on the flags, but two clays can't cover the whole flag.

I don't have a real issue with clays. Even when sinpers run out into crossfire just to lay a clay and get killed, knowing the clay will kill someone else. IMO that's just dumb. They will never get a K/D ratio higher than 1 doing that. So if that's what they want, w/e. Snipers don't get enough kills with clays for me to have an issue. It'd be different if snipers always came in 1st because of their clay spam, but that doesn't happen, which is why I think it's pretty balanced.

14. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Their are plenty flags with only two main 'entrances'. A gaymore on each of those and someone is gonna have to take the pain. And even if their are two placed just around the flag, it is a brave man who risks crouching down to take the flag anyways. One slight move in the wrong direction and your a goner! I mean, it is not like the gaymores only explode if you pass over the top of them (or touch one of their supposed trip wires), I have had them explode on me when I was a good 3-4m away. In the case I described above, I got blown up by one when it was a 2m leap on another damn building away from where I was.

As to your second statement....wot about the 'Sniper' who lays his gaymores at a flag and then picks up another kit pack lying around?

I dont think their is anything wrong with a claymore mine, that can be strategcally placed, especially with a view to covering ones back, but that can also be strategically circumnavigated. It is just those damn gaymores that I am opposed to.

15. angelkiller

angelkiller

Thanks Received:
    @MatTheCat
    I don't think we're gonna agree on this. No issue tho :)

On another note, I just noticed one of the changes that's gonna be in 1.5:
    I play alota IO and the first thing you do in order to engage somebody at medium and above distances is go prone. It's a really important technique. Adding a delay after going prone is a HUGE change and will definitely shake things up. I've gotten killed so many times by people going prone and firing almost instantly after hitting the ground. No time at all for me to react. Now there's gonna be a pause... Hmmm.... I dunno if I like that or not. If anything, it'll make it easier for snipers. More time being still gives more time to aim.

What does everyone think about that?

16. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Actually an Engineer can deactivate Claymores just like AT Mines. You just have to do it from behind so it doesn't go off in your face.

17. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Team Fortress 2 takes up most of my time when it comes to online gaming. I may reinstall BF2 one day tho.

18. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just finished reinstalling the game on my lappy now, the installer actually worked better on 7 than vista (shrugs shoulders with no idea why it would).

19. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Cause it's 7 not Vista! :p

Anyway where's this damn patch?

20. Conflict0s

Conflict0s

Thanks Received:
    It Is Time Gentlemen.

21. mikek75

mikek75 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Aye, and man is it getting hammered, lol. Coming in at 20kbps ATM. LOL

10 Year Member at TPU
  22. SirJangly

SirJangly New Member

Thanks Received:
    Where are you guys downloading it from? :( Can has????

23. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
  24. angelkiller

angelkiller

Thanks Received:
    Any torrents yet?

25. SirJangly

SirJangly New Member

Thanks Received: