• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BF2042 PC mod by MetallicAcid

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Specifications:- Core i9 11900k- Z590 ROG Maximus Extreme Glacial- ROG Thor 1200w- Seagate 530 M.2 1TB SSD- Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 32GB 3200mhz- Singularity Computers Spectre 3 with Elite manifold and Power Distro- ROG Strix 3090- EKWB water cooling

Mods:
Custom paintjobCustom aluminium shroudsLaser etched back panelCustom panels for LED lightingCustom PSU cables

The Battlefield games have been my most played and favourite games of all time. I didn't care so much for the last iterations in the franchise, but I had clocked in around 1000 hours each into BFBC2, BF3 and BF4 respectively.When BF2042 was announced, I was ecstatic! Immediately I made plans to build myself a new PC which would be ready in time for the beta. Fortunately, during the building process, the project picked up a lot of attention by various partners. I was able to tie in some sponsorships, and even a video feature on Nvidia Garage!Since the game has been released, I have been enjoying the game alongside my friends. The launch was buggy, and annoying choices like removing "legacy features" such as the SCOREBOARD and introducing disgusting bullet bloom (something not even the beta had). Regardless of all its flaws, playing the main game and Portal has been a blast, and from this point on, it can only get better!Anyways! The PC itself is rocking some of the best specs that were available when the project was being planned. Z690 was released just after this PC was completed, so upgrading the motherboard, CPU and RAM was not counted in the budget. The current specs have been enough to play comfortably at 1440p with high/settings between 100/165 FPS. That said, some maps dip as low as 70 FPS, so game is poorly optimised for high-end hardware unfortunately.The chassis itself is the Spectre 3 made by Singularity Computers. Fellow Australian and owner of Singularity Computers heard through the grapevine that I was planning a project with BF2042 as the theme. We had wanted to work on a project together for some time, and the stars finally aligned when we both though that his chassis would be the perfect fit for this project. The chassis was one of the first in the world to feature the new power distribution panel in the place of having long cables that run behind the motherboard. I love the look, and it makes the chassis belong to the future, just like the tech featured in BF2042.The entire chassis was painted in greenish tones, and weathered with silver paint on all edges to replicate wear and tear. I had Daniel from Singularity to laser-etch the Battlefield logo onto the acrylic panel that covers the cable routing channel. I had a photo printed of the BF poster, but without the logo. This photo is installed behind the acrylic panel, and side-lit by RGB strips. I made all custom cables for the entire PSU, power manifold, fans and front I/O. Custom aluminium panels where made to cover the 24pin cable from the motherboard, and custom aluminium panel made for the Dominator Platinums. The raw aluminium panels match the Glacial motherboard perfectly.I have made a video for Nvidia Garage which you can check out: https://youtu.be/5v_0JfCIkY4Please enjoy the gallery, and thanks for taking the time to check it out!

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
i'm not a fan of kinda open case, but the looks is great and the color effect is good

System Name Core
Processor Intel 12700k @ 5.0/4.0
Motherboard ASRock z690 Steel Legend
Cooling Artic Cooling Freezer 420 AiO
Memory GSkill 64GB 3200 cas 14 b die
Video Card(s) Asus Nvidia RTX 4070 Super OC
Storage Optane 900p x2, SK Hynix p41 Pro
Display(s) ACER 250hz 1080p 25" IPS display
Case Phanteks p500a with all Noctua Chromax/Arctic fans
Audio Device(s) Focusrite interface, Presonus Studio Monitors and Subwoofer
Power Supply Seasonic 850w plat with cable mod cables
Mouse Glorious Model O
Keyboard Corsair mech k65
Software Win 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3dmark TimeSpy 20240-rtx 3090FE/12700k/Optane 3dmark TimeSpy 21862-rtx 4070Super/12700k/Optane
Your builds are always very well thought out and then finely executed. Im sure many budding builders/modders look at your rigs for inspiration. Ive been in the game a long time and have watched your builds progress over time. Too bad BF 2042 is a shit show (and the BF series is my favorite too).

i'm not a fan of kinda open case, but the looks is great and the color effect is good
Thanks man. Open case is not to everyones tastes, but I am happy to read that you appreciate the design and colours.

Your builds are always very well thought out and then finely executed. Im sure many budding builders/modders look at your rigs for inspiration. Ive been in the game a long time and have watched your builds progress over time. Too bad BF 2042 is a shit show (and the BF series is my favorite too).
Wow, cheers jallenlabs. That is awesome of you to mention. Thank you for the very kind words, and for following along for on the journey!

System Name Pac Man Nightmare
Processor Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard B550 Aorus pro ax
Cooling Custom Bykski
Memory Crucial Ballistix ddr4 3600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580
Storage Samsung nvme ssd 960 500Gb+Crucial Mx 500 ssd 2Tb
Case NZXT H200I "Flow" ; )
Power Supply Corsair RM750X
Hello. I've been looking at your case for a while and now that the voting has stabilized I want to ask you. what is the space between the front radiator and the front tank for the hot air outlet of the equipment? I can't see it in the photos. Other than that, I think it's a superb build.

System Name Pac Man Nightmare
Processor Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard B550 Aorus pro ax
Cooling Custom Bykski
Memory Crucial Ballistix ddr4 3600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580
Storage Samsung nvme ssd 960 500Gb+Crucial Mx 500 ssd 2Tb
Case NZXT H200I "Flow" ; )
Power Supply Corsair RM750X
For such a well-crafted case, it seems to me that having the fans blowing through the front radiator against a super cool reservoir doesn't exactly help improve cooling. Perhaps with some spacers between radiator and tank.