• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BiG Sapphire 9800 PRO problem

oida999

Hi,

2 days ago I installed a vga silencer rev 3 @ my 9800 pro from sapphire and after i started my pc there have been gfx errors even in dos (bios too). I searched for this at google and found some things.. but i can´t imagine it´s broken because of changing a cooler. And after retesting it with the old cooler (didn´t work either) I flashed the bios of this card to 9800 xt and suddenly the gfx errors at dos (bios) were gone, but in windows there are still some left though they don´t look as bad as before. It would be really great if someone knows how to fix it. Maybe there´s another bios I could test so that my gfx card works without problems again? There are only a few line errors, don´t know how to describe.. when i mark something on the desktop there´s 3 vertikal lines on my desktop which change to pink untill i open another window above it and then it´s gone again and everything just looks fine. In videos are a few gfx errors too.. and in games there are a lot of errors so it´s impossible to play.. plz help :/

oida

Zebbo

Mushkin Tech Rep
Kinda odd but I'm facing same problems too. Card was used when I bought this and this gives a huge amount of artifacts in POST / DOS mode, and in Windows half of my screen is a bit greenish and I can't install any drivers to my card :(

With former user this card worked without a hitch and without a single problem. I'm doubting about incompatibility issue but I can't tell about that yet since I haven't tried card in other systems yet. I'm so totally screwed with this :mad: