• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
It's in the manual.

IIRC this has something to do with the BIOS/CMOS test?

EDIT: Nope, LOL! Says Pre Northbridge initialization (see page 117 in your online manual)

Ok, I have checked the "phisical" manual. So debug LED code number 15 means "Pre-memory North-Bridge initialization is started". Hmm, it's not hepful with the problem of my sound card. Any ideas, what can be with it? Without card mortherboard starts properly...

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Did you try switching slots for this sound card and see if it boots?

Also, do you do recording, etc to need a sound card? The Realtek solution is solid unless you have a good set of speakers or cans.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
have you tried sound card in different slot does it still give same error

Without card mortherboard starts properly...

does the sound card work ??? can you try in another pc to eliminate a non functioning sound card

Last edited:
Welp, my sound card is Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 Advanced DE and it was nice, because of very strong and high quality signal in headphones output. It seems that the card is dead :( Unfortunatelly I bought it with short limited warranty period.
Realtek is not a heap of trash, but the output signal is noticeable worse.

[thread can be closed]