• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bios for flashing MSI 5700 Evoke GP OC to XT

Redstorm2020

Hi @ all.
I found some entries about the original MSI 5700 Evoke OC, but i bought the MSI 5700 Evoke GP OC version.
Now my primary question. Is the Bios from the Evoke 5700 XT in DB usable vor my GP version?
Did this any1 knows. Did any1 flashed one of those GP cards well?

Sorry @ the moment i can't serve you serials, exact model numbers or GPU-Z results. The card is still @ shipping. hopefully get before weekend. AND... hopefully get infos, if flashing is possible and maybe HOW is the best way.

thx 4 your help.
If the is still a thread about "my" card, sry for that post. Just give me a link.

greets, redy.

Last edited:

Redstorm2020

Now i have all infos. So pls check, if its possible to flash my card to XT version.

for better comparisson, here more infos, about dif. Evoke Versions
MSI_Evoke_Comparison.png

as i read in different blogs and vids, the main difference between GP and normal version is the cooler curve. GP should be much more silent as the root version of the evoke.
The clue is, the GP card is only listed on the US-site, not on the MSI-German????

Here are the main infos for my card
MSI_5700_Evoke_GP_OC.gif

MSI_5700_Evoke_GP_OC.jpg

i think, this one is tbe BIOS i need to flash (hopefully)
MSI Evoke XT

Another question. Is it necessary to unlock my card before flashing with "-unlockrom 0" command?

thx 4 your help.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Now i have all infos. So pls check, if its possible to flash my card to XT version.

for better comparisson, here more infos, about dif. Evoke Versions
View attachment 149938
as i read in different blogs and vids, the main difference between GP and normal version is the cooler curve. GP should be much more silent as the root version of the evoke.
The clue is, the GP card is only listed on the US-site, not on the MSI-German????

Here are the main infos for my card
View attachment 149939
View attachment 149940
i think, this one is tbe BIOS i need to flash (hopefully)
MSI Evoke XT

Another question. Is it necessary to unlock my card before flashing with "-unlockrom 0" command?

thx 4 your help.

Get a bios link from the card, open gpu z, click arrow near uefi checkbox. Try to upload bios through program itself, you may be prompted that its already in database, copy and paste that link here

Redstorm2020

i did this yesterday and uploaded it normally. today there is the message "It is already a part of our collection"

This is the link to the "unverified bios" => MSI RX5700 unverified
This seems to be mine from yesterday. "Date added: 2020-03-31 18:26:58"

Processor ryzen 5600x
Motherboard MSI MEG X570 ACE
Cooling 360mm evga aio
Memory 4 stick 8gb gskill ripjaw 3600 cl16 (32gb)
Video Card(s) msi 3070 ventus 3x oc (3080 in the mail)
Storage 2tb pny cs3030 m.2
Display(s) 43inch samsung uhd
Case corsair 400d airflow
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply corsair rm850x
Mouse logitech
Keyboard logitech
Software win10
Benchmark Scores https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/35871068 flashed to strix
i just tried each of the manufactures bios with 017.........049 to my msi evoke ... use "amdvbflash -p 0 -f" then the bios in cmd. currently using saphire nitro + special edition bios . even with only a single 8 pin power its good. i did have stabilty issues with a couple freezing in bench marks so i'd suggest msi kombustor to stress. any oc out the window.. but no need ;)

i also found if fan stick at high rpm uninstall all amd drivers then when reinstall add the option to factory reset

Last edited:

Redstorm2020

i just tried each of the manufactures bios with 017.........049 to my msi evoke ... use "amdvbflash -p 0 -f" then the bios in cmd. currently using saphire nitro + special edition bios . even with only a single 8 pin power its good. i did have stabilty issues with a couple freezing in bench marks so i'd suggest msi kombustor to stress. any oc out the window.. but no need ;)

i also found if fan stick at high rpm uninstall all amd drivers then when reinstall add the option to factory reset
hmmm, real? u flashed this bios => Sapphire RX 5700 XT 8 GB BIOS on your MSI Evoke OC (non GP). The timings are very heavy i think. Are the stability issues u have only in benchmarks or @gaming too?
did sapphire software works with this card? e.g. Tri-X.

meanwhile did any1 knows, if it's possible to flash the normal evoke XT version to my card?

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
I will get info later just been busy

Processor ryzen 5600x
Cooling 360mm evga aio
Audio Device(s) none
Mouse logitech
Keyboard logitech
Software win10
Benchmark Scores https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/35871068 flashed to strix
yup flashed every 5700xt bios i could find. all the reference bricked card and others worked like a charm. i like the sapphire because it has fairly low power draw for its specs. as it come stock it gets HOT.. but well within limits. ASRock tiachi was good as well, but fans would stick at high.

interesting fact. last time i was unbricking card i noticed with windows driver had all 2500 shaders. can't game on it that way. but the cores are there. amd has to be locking with driver based on a number u can't change.. well that i have figured out yet

oh and do not do as i do.. i only shared my findings to show it's more or less fine to flash ne 5700 or 5700xt non reference with each others bios. problems being cooling and weird voltage tables with some vendors. all the bios for the most part are written to cover all the types of ram they may have. unbricking is easy as grabbing the old 1050 i have laying around and reflashing ne bios i had working before. just remember clear bios the hot boot bricked card just after post. uninstall all amd drivers then flash.

again do not do as i do. i know risks and they are well within reason for me... not most for ppl.. but i "break" every electronic i get. lol over and over. if it can't be fixed it wasn't made well. or i haven't learned that part yet.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
yup flashed every 5700xt bios i could find. all the reference bricked card and others worked like a charm. i like the sapphire because it has fairly low power draw for its specs. as it come stock it gets HOT.. but well within limits. ASRock tiachi was good as well, but fans would stick at high.

interesting fact. last time i was unbricking card i noticed with windows driver had all 2500 shaders. can't game on it that way. but the cores are there. amd has to be locking with driver based on a number u can't change.. well that i have figured out yet

oh and do not do as i do.. i only shared my findings to show it's more or less fine to flash ne 5700 or 5700xt non reference with each others bios. problems being cooling and weird voltage tables with some vendors. all the bios for the most part are written to cover all the types of ram they may have. unbricking is easy as grabbing the old 1050 i have laying around and reflashing ne bios i had working before. just remember clear bios the hot boot bricked card just after post. uninstall all amd drivers then flash.

again do not do as i do. i know risks and they are well within reason for me... not most for ppl.. but i "break" every electronic i get. lol over and over. if it can't be fixed it wasn't made well. or i haven't learned that part yet.

I only put a sapphire bios on a sapphire card (5700 pulse to 5700XT pulse, etc)

Redstorm2020

Maybe i ll try this in a couple of years to flash BIOS from other vendors. When the next gen of graca is built up into my Computer . (I did this with my R9 380X three days before, won't work, flashed back to origin) @ the
moment i am only interested which XT BIOS from MSI is suitable for my GP version.

Processor ryzen 5600x
Cooling 360mm evga aio
Audio Device(s) none
Mouse logitech
Keyboard logitech
Software win10
tbh after all my testing i'd send it back. cooler is trash and poor all around design. as for the "gp" in ur model i think its based on where its sold. like the xfx raw ii 5700xt i picked up. it states on xfx site its only at best buy item and doesnt sport "ultra" in title basic only difference. the spec'd lower clocks mean nothing as i seen it boost well over 2100

as for flashing the non xt variant with xt bios.. my conclusion is not worth it. all gains are purely in bench marks. once in games, it gets so hot any gains literally fly out the window you need to open to cool off ;)

Redstorm2020

mission accomplished.

MSI_5700_EVOKE_GP_OLD.gif
MSI_5700_EVOKE_GP_NEW.gif

flashed to XT version. Approx ~8% faster then before. it works well, but...
... now to my conclusion after 3 days of testing.
First off all, the XT Bios in the DB (XT Bios for Evoke) works well with my GP version.
The only problem, and maybe, its only a problem for me. The card is very noisy now. The problem is not the "more power needs more cooling"-thing. Nope, the main prob is a stupid fan-speed curve with not well set trigger points. That was also the conclusion in different online comparrisons between the Evoke 5700 and 5700XT

Here are the BIOS Settings of the different fan-speed controls
MSI_Evoke_5700.jpg
MSI_Evoke_5700XT.jpg

I tested the card before flashing with furmark, CS:GO and Doom 2016. The card was not rly hearable all the time. The temps were up 75°C. Fan-speed around 65%!!!!
Now, as XT, the temp is, with more power and higher clocks, at 70°C. Lower then before. But the fan starts earlier and goes up to 85%-90%. So i think, with lower fan speeds, there are also reasonable temperatures possible.

There is the point, i need help.
in a first step, i modified the XT bios with the original fan and temp settings from my card. Edited with the "More Power Tool" and made a ROM with the "Red Bios Editor".
But when i try to flash the modded bios, i always get this error
C:\flash>amdvbflash.exe -f -p 0 5700XT_fan.rom
Old SSID: 381A
New SSID: 381A
BIOS authentication signature mismatched

ERROR: 0FL01

all actions done in administrator mode. Idk, why there is a missmatch when SSID is equal. and nothing changed except the the fan settings?
any idea?

another question. i think about flash the original bios back, but before i edit the settings vice versa from XT. Means, i put the settings of the XT into the original bios, except the fan settings. is the card (if this works) as fast as with the XT bios?

thx for help

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
mission accomplished.

View attachment 150645View attachment 150647

flashed to XT version. Approx ~8% faster then before. it works well, but...
... now to my conclusion after 3 days of testing.
First off all, the XT Bios in the DB (XT Bios for Evoke) works well with my GP version.
The only problem, and maybe, its only a problem for me. The card is very noisy now. The problem is not the "more power needs more cooling"-thing. Nope, the main prob is a stupid fan-speed curve with not well set trigger points. That was also the conclusion in different online comparrisons between the Evoke 5700 and 5700XT

Here are the BIOS Settings of the different fan-speed controls
View attachment 150652 View attachment 150651
I tested the card before flashing with furmark, CS:GO and Doom 2016. The card was not rly hearable all the time. The temps were up 75°C. Fan-speed around 65%!!!!
Now, as XT, the temp is, with more power and higher clocks, at 70°C. Lower then before. But the fan starts earlier and goes up to 85%-90%. So i think, with lower fan speeds, there are also reasonable temperatures possible.

There is the point, i need help.
in a first step, i modified the XT bios with the original fan and temp settings from my card. Edited with the "More Power Tool" and made a ROM with the "Red Bios Editor".
But when i try to flash the modded bios, i always get this error

all actions done in administrator mode. Idk, why there is a missmatch when SSID is equal. and nothing changed except the the fan settings?
any idea?

another question. i think about flash the original bios back, but before i edit the settings vice versa from XT. Means, i put the settings of the XT into the original bios, except the fan settings. is the card (if this works) as fast as with the XT bios?

thx for help

Did you use the modded version of atiflash from https://www.igorslab.de/en/red-bios...en-more-stable-overclocking-navi-unlimited/3/ ?

Redstorm2020

ooops. nope. i downloded the other progs from igor, but i dont relized that the atiflash is a modded one, especially for that. i'll try it @ evening and post the results here.
thx 4 fast reply.

Redstorm2020

first off all, thx to @Assimilator for the hint to the atiflash-plus. Flashing now worked well.
I took the XT Bios and input the FAN settings from the original Bios. I did not t changed any other performance settings. Card is strong enouth for every game

All done in administrator mode with
  1. GPU-Z
  2. MPT
  3. RBE
  4. Atiflash Plus for 5700(XT)
Now the card is quiet as before in most situations.
I tried different settings and, except the 20% OC, all are fine i think

Those are the results with FurMark
All results in 1080p, no AA, full Screen settings
MSI Evoke GP OC original Bios:
FPS: 118fps | GPU max: 74°C | Hotspot: 87°C | Fanspeed: ~68% (quiet)
MSI Evoke GP OC XT Bios:
FPS: 133fps | GPU max: 71°C | Hotspot: 84°C | Fanspeed: ~85% (noisy)
MSI Evoke GP OC XT Bios with non-XT Fan settings:
FPS: 133fps | GPU max: 77°C | Hotspot: 95°C | Fanspeed: ~72% (moderate quiet)
MSI Evoke GP OC XT Bios with non-XT Fan settings but unervolted to 1150mV:
FPS: 133fps | GPU max: 73°C | Hotspot: 90°C | Fanspeed: ~70% (quiet)
MSI Evoke GP OC XT Bios with non-XT Fan settings but overclocked +20%:
FPS: 141fps | GPU max: 85°C | Hotspot: 100°C | Fanspeed: ~88% (noisy)

For me, the best result is the undervolted one. Quiet, stable, bit cooler and less power consumption.
btw.: all shown settings where stable at all time. no freezing or artefacts.
I played CS:GO, Doom2016 (Vulkan) and Bright Memory. Also done 3D Mark and Final Fantasy Benchmark.
The results are similar in power consumption, fps and temps.

So, finally, thx for any help to finish my "quarantine projekt". :peace:
Hope, my results are also helpful für others.

If any questions, just ask. For me the case is closed, except something unexpected happens :eek:

semoG

Hello there, can you tell me what are the frequencies you have setted for your non XT card with XT Bios ?

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
Hello there, can you tell me what are the frequencies you have setted for your non XT card with XT Bios ?

Every GPU and memory chips have their own specific limits. I suggest you try fine-tuning your own card.

Use Unigine Heaven to stress test the GPU and slowly push the clocks until you reach thermal and/or power limits.

Use Final Fantasy XV Benchmark to stresst test the GDDR6 memory.

By crossflashing to XT you automatically gain higher clocks and power limits.

semoG

I get stange behaviour with my oc values...

For instance I can run Heaven Unigine perfectly with raised memmory clock values, but on normal use, i have flickering screen ...don't know how to explain this flickering, but once in every 30s, the screen makes a flicked black momentaneum screen...a flick !
During games i have no problem whatsoever ..its weird lol

I have mine pushing 2000mhz GPU clock and cannot raise from 1770mhz on the memmory because of that flickering i told you above. Max voltage is 1070mv .