• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bios Modding ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GT 710?

System Name My computer?
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Dell Optiplex 360 stock
Cooling Stock
Memory 4GB 2x2GB upgraded from 2GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 2GB permanently overclocked 1.2ghz memory 1.2ghz core
Storage 1x 160GB
Display(s) Acer 17.7" 1920x1080 60hz
Case Stock?
Audio Device(s) Soundmax? (stock)
Power Supply Stock dell PSU 220W
Mouse GearHead Wireless mini mouse 800/1600DPI
Keyboard Logitech K120
Software windows 7 ultimate 64-bit?
Benchmark Scores None at the moment.
My GPU has some very weird WEIRD and i'm talking REALLY weird problems with voltage offset when overclocking with Nvidia inspector

It also reports the memory clock incorrectly as well.
in GPU-Z in the sensors tab it's half whats reported on the main tab of GPU-Z

so if i overclock the memory to like 1100mhz it says 550mhz in the sensors tab. and 1100 in the "graphics card" tab

when i increase the voltage up to compensate for unstable core frequency overclock.
As the temp rises. the voltage decreases to the point it becomes unstable. one level at a time. so it goes like 6 5 4 3 2 1 in states (as example) and then it becomes unstable and i have to downclock the core clock!
The temp ISNT even close to a concerning temp either!!!
It starts decreasing the voltage at a low temp of 38*C!!!
so my GPU has to be like 31*C or less before the full voltage i selected will be in effect!

And as the temp goes higher and higher (towards about 66*C as its highest it has ever reached)
it eventually decreases enough that it becomes unstable. i've maxed out the voltage offset value in nvidia inspector in order to finally compensate!! geeze!!
but the extra voltage at lower temps states causes it to warm up faster in the first place! That's so backwards!!

I was trying to see if I could mod the bios to remedy this but I have no idea what to change as there is dozens of voltage options that could be changed in more than one tab in the MAXWELL Nvidia bios editor!
Can anyone give me some tips as to what I could do?
Could someone maybe do something with the bios file if i sent it and modify it for me?

The voltage i'd like to keep it at is about 1.1500 to 1.1620 or so?
and core clock at 1400Mhz and the memory clock at 1100Mhz (Thats what it seems stable at)
the stock clocks are 954mhz CORE. and 800mhz MEMORY

(The website lists my memory clock at 1600mhz though.. but i dont know why GPU-Z says its much lower?)

HUGE edit: I flashed the GPU bios and it seems stable at 1200mhz core 1200mhz memory.
but i HAD to modify the boost table otherwise the core clock wouldn't change from stock!!
Also had to modify the other settings in other tables before the core clock would actually be at 1200mhz

but in doing so I cant adjust the voltage!! Ive tried everything but the voltage doesn't want to change from stock! infact its actually LOWER than stock (it seems to be on the VERY EDGE of stability.)
Since when the temp goes up to about 60*C the voltage drops one more increment. causing a very tiny amount of artifacts that are RARELY visible (Maybe one every 10 minutes thats hardly noticable??)

How come the voltage tables don't seem to do anything when I change them? I've tried increasing all of them by 2-3 increments but it has no effect when i apply the changes and flash the bios and reboot??

Last edited:
System Name My computer?
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Dell Optiplex 360 stock
Cooling Stock
Memory 4GB 2x2GB upgraded from 2GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 2GB permanently overclocked 1.2ghz memory 1.2ghz core
Storage 1x 160GB
Display(s) Acer 17.7" 1920x1080 60hz
Case Stock?
Audio Device(s) Soundmax? (stock)
Power Supply Stock dell PSU 220W
Mouse GearHead Wireless mini mouse 800/1600DPI
Keyboard Logitech K120
Software windows 7 ultimate 64-bit?
Benchmark Scores None at the moment.
No ones got any idea? Help?? anyone?