• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BIOS to fix your fake ebay 1050 and 7670 cards

System Name HAL
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard ASRock B450 Pro4
Cooling AORUS Liquid 240
Memory 32GB Teamgroup 3200mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 2060 GTX
Thank you for doing this, I haven't logged in for quite some time either... I hope you're doing better...
Doing fine now, thanks! Had a chance to test that and see if it works?

ppanickk

Doing fine now, thanks! Had a chance to test that and see if it works?
I finally got some time to test the edited BIOS file. I seem to have connection issues between the ch341a flasher and the BIOS chip, I am using AS Programmer 2.0.3. Any chance this can be done with NVflash?

System Name HAL
Cooling AORUS Liquid 240
It can't be done with nvflash, on every one of these I've seen they cut the bios leg trace that allows flashing thru nvflash.

ppanickk

Today's the first day I've been on here in almost a month, sorry it's taken a while to get to this.

Personal problems, real life junk, none of which has been great. Had my nose broken in a freak disc golf accident 2 weeks ago, too.

Should now identify as a Geforce 450 v2. I'm not certain about the memory settings for this one, the format looks odd, hopefully will post as a 1 GB card.
Hello everyone. Just a little update. I ordered a new external flasher as the previous one I had was not establishing a connection. Problem solved, I could establish a connection straight away and flashed the Bios. The card now identifies itself as a GTS 450. Hopefully I will test it more extensively over the next few days and update you further.

Edit: The card is identifying itself as GTS 450 at post. In Windows however, it is still recognised as GTX 960 (see attachment). On the positive side the memory is correctly counted now (1GB) but once the drivers are loaded the card reports error 43.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-16 142327.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-16 142327.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
System Name HAL
Cooling AORUS Liquid 240
Hello everyone. Just a little update. I ordered a new external flasher as the previous one I had was not establishing a connection. Problem solved, I could establish a connection straight away and flashed the Bios. The card now identifies itself as a GTS 450. Hopefully I will test it more extensively over the next few days and update you further.

Edit: The card is identifying itself as GTS 450 at post. In Windows however, it is still recognised as GTX 960 (see attachment). On the positive side the memory is correctly counted now (1GB) but once the drivers are loaded the card reports error 43.
At any point did you use the drivers that came with your card? If so, try using DDU driver cleaner to remove them. They also hack the driver inf files on those cds.

ppanickk

The error 43 message was caused by downloading drivers from Windows Update.

I kind of solved the issue by removing the (Windows Update) drivers using DDU and then downloaded the latest nvidia drivers supporting 400 series cards. After installing the nvidia drivers I disabled driver updates from Windows Update. The resolution is now normal and the error 43 message disappeared. The card still reports itself as gtx 960 in device manager and gpu-z but at least it identifies the correct amount of video memory so it is semi-usable.

System Name The Sparing-No-Expense Build
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Wifi II
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black
Memory 32GB: 2x16GB Patriot Viper Steel 3600MHz C18
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX 3060Ti Founder's Edition
Storage 500GB 970 Evo Plus NVMe, 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) AOC C24G1 144Hz 24" 1080p Monitor
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Power Supply Seasonic X-650 Gold PSU (SS-650KM3)
Software Windows 11 Home 64-bit
Why is this thread still active? You can use the drivers from any CDs or something that the people who sold the card to you provided. Drivers gotten from Windows Update or NVIDIA's website are prone to issues since this card's BIOS has been tampered with.
This is not a real 960, so you shouldn't expect 960-level performance from it. You should only expect basic gaming or HTPC usage from it, provided it is actually working correctly (i.e. doesn't have artifacts or something).