• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Biostar Announces the TZ77XE4 Motherboards on the Latest Intel Z77 Chipset

BIOSTAR, the world's famous manufacturer of mainboards, graphics cards, industrial computing systems and computer peripherals, proudly announces the BIOSTAR TZ77XE4 motherboards within the CeBIT 2012. The most frequent word combination in description of the new flagship lineup will be "for the first time" because the TZ77XE4 boards house a great deal of innovative technologies not found even in premium desktop solutions.

The TZ77XE4 boards are based on the latest Intel Z77 chipset, which for the first time incorporates tri-gate transistors manufactured using the 22-nm fab process which, for the first time, delivers a native support for the high-speed USB 3.0 interface and fast SSD caching with the Intel Smart Response Technology (SRT). Fully compatible with the second-generation Intel Core CPUs (Sandy Bridge), the new boards for the first time support the third generation Intel Core CPUs codenamed Ivy Bridge, also manufactured with the 3D-transistors using the 22-nm fab process and designed for the popular LGA 1155 socket.

The new Intel Core CPUs deliver an unprecedented performance level with moderate power consumption, and the integrated graphics core for the first time supports a lot of unique display technologies including the DirectX 11 and the integrated HDMI 3D Visual interface for stereo content of various 3D formats.

For the first time, the TZ77XE4 boards feature the universal Display Port interface as a standard function. This is an integrated solution for serial packet data transfer to display with the same principle used in other serial interfaces like Ethernet, USB and PCI Express. The boards also support other traditional video interfaces like HDMI and DVI with the HDCP technology. Thanks to the support of three x16 lines of the latest PCI-E 3.0 interface for the first time integrated into the processor, with the performance up to 8 Gtexel/s, which is twice higher than the PCI-E 2.0, the boards let you use any multi-core discrete graphics like the NVIDIA SLI or the AMD CrossfireX with high performance in demanding 3D applications. Additional peripherals are supported with two PCI and one PCI-E x1 ports.

For the first time in the consumer desktop systems, the TZ77XE4 boards demonstrate support up to 32 GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM, including overclocking DDR3-2400 modules. Besides, the boards support up to four SATA2 drives and up to four SATA 3.0 drives with astonishing performance up to 600 MB/s (up to 4.8 Gbit/s of uncoded data) which can be arranged in the RAID 0,1,5 or 10 arrays. The boards support up to eight USB 2.0 and four USB 3.0 ports. The speedy GbE LAN interface delivers a high speed for local and external network resources. For the first time the BIOSTAR boards for the third-gen Intel Core CPUs fully realized the new BIOS, with the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI BIOS), which delivers high flexibility and easy setup for basic settings thanks to the intuitive graphics interface.

The high-quality sound is realized with the latest integrated 8+2-channel HD codec and the THX TruStudio Pro technology specially developed by Creative and THX for delivering acoustic impressions usually associated with live music, movies or studio sound. Besides, for the first time the new boards feature the Puro Tone - 110dB technology which delivers high authenticity of multi-channel sound with extremely effective noise reduction, with the SNR of 110 dB.

With the launch of the TZ77XE4 BIOSTAR demonstrates the successive development of its technologies meant to increase performance, stability and service life of products. The new boards feature reliable solid-state capacitors, and the power supply circuits for the first time use a 13-phase regulating system which is critical for overclockable systems.

The Virtu Universal MVP software suite, introduced for the first time and based on the virtualized Lucid Virtu GPU software, delivers fast processing of video and media content with the Hyperformance function with the minimal load on all critical system components.

The universal T-overclocker Windows utility, which is popular with overclockers, includes several powerful tools for fine system tuning and controlling CPU performance, memory, fan speeds etc. The BIOSTAR G.P.U (Green Power Utility) considerably cuts down power consumption in case of light CPU load. The boards support the BIO-Remote2 technology for remote control of multimedia PC functions with Android and Apple gadgets.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

MeanBruce

System Name Maximus Obsidious "Max"
Processor Intel 3770K 4.5GHz 1.205volts Delta T=2.5C at idle
Motherboard Asus Maximus V Extreme
Cooling H100i Sanyo-Denki SanAce Type 9S 120(x6) at 750rpm
Memory Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz 2X4GB w/extended heat sink fins red
Video Card(s) Asus 6870 DirectCU (Asus 9970 Direct CU2 Coming Soon)
Storage Intel 520 120GB(x2) RAID0 Array 1.1GB/s read/write
Display(s) Samsung 970D (Coming Soon)
Case CaseLabs Magnum M8 w/XL window front I/O USB 3.0(x4) Lamptron FC10 nixie tube fan controller stock f
Power Supply Corsair Platinum AX860 (Seasonic) w/Corsair GEN2 AXi cables red
Software Windows 8 Pro 64-bit $39.99 download :):)
Will we hear from Asus later in the day, don't hold back TPU, lots of us on edge here, or maybe it's just me! Ahhhhhhhh!:D

Wonder why Asus is holding out, we don't even know what the Maximus 5 even looks like, only the Formula and Gene have been presented in photos.

What is going on? Will we be able to purchase the M5E on Easter Sunday? Or will it be delayed a few months after the Intel NDA lifts???

Last edited:
System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
wow there many boards that come with Intel Z77 chipset and they have nice looks

Yeah i like the colour scheme on the Biostar board. Not seen anything else like it for Z77.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE Deneb @ 3.7GHz
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9700 CPU Heatsink
Memory OCZ 4GB DDR3 1600 @ 7-7-7-24 1.85v
Video Card(s) ATI Sapphire OC 7850 1200c/5800m @ 64c Full Load
Storage Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB + Western Digital 1TB External Drive
Display(s) SAMSUNG ToC T240 24'' LCD
Case Silverstone FT01-BW
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply ZALMAN ZM-750
Software Win 7 x64 SP1
till now ASROCK series impressed me the most, especially knowing they will be priced well

till now ASROCK series impressed me the most, especially knowing they will be priced well

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H seems to be the winner in my books, good price for an extreme board without spending G1 Sniper money.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I'm working on TPU's preview right this second. ;)

System Name Blackbox
Processor Core i7-2600k @ 4.8
Motherboard ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Performance
Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev.A
Memory 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) KFA² (Galax) GTX970 EXOC Black Edition
Storage Bunch of 1-2TB WD RE4 + WD Red
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 2333T
Case Fractal Design Arc Midi
Power Supply Seasonic S12 II 430
Mouse Logitech MX518 Refresh
Keyboard Tesoro Colada G3NL (MX Brown)
Software Win7 Ultimate
Sometimes, I just don't get mainboard manufacturers.
Why on earth do the put stupid covers on top of the heatsinks, making them "look better", but at the same time totally crippling airflow (convection for the "southbridge" or forced for the VRM), essentially making them next to useless!? I just. Don't. Get. It. :banghead:

Also, Biostar seems to like "for the first time", judging by how that sentence is in the OP TWELVE effin times.. :wtf:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
You going to release the preview on NDA release, then when IB comes out do the full review?

Yessir. I don't have NDA for board details; there's already other previews published.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Weird... we asked them, just in case, and they gave us a date. ASrock has one (same date).

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Weird... we asked them, just in case, and they gave us a date. ASrock has one (same date).

Yeah, all the reviewers I talk to normally seem to have some confusion around dates and this launch. I'm just treating it like the NDA has expired, as my previews focus on the board itself, not what's under NDA, and as you can tell by the news item, the products and details are already out now.

If you have been given a specific date, best stick to it, however, I was not given a date. I almost never do get one, as my arrangements with the OEMs also include publishing on a date based on when products arrive at my door, and typically I receive products to fit within those guidelines.

Clearly if I'm wokring right now on the preview I'm not going to publish just yet. ;)

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Pictures were ok, but *some* information wasnt IIRC pre nda. I may be confusing that with Asrock but I thought it was really with Intel/chipset. Oh well...We are def. holding to it. ;)

We have due dates we expect our reviewers to complete as well... sometimes though, thats significantly shortened to get things out day one. ;)