• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bitcoin price suddenly surges to 3-year high

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
do i detect some gamer negativity beginning to show.. he he

trog

Not at all, just trying to keep the threads progressing without getting derailed, that's all ;)

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
We could do that and focus the topic on Cryptocoin prices and market trends. Shall I?

so how do you keep the "crypto needs to die" people out of it.. cos they are the problem and always have been..

trog

so how do you keep the "crypto needs to die" people out of it.. cos they are the problem and always have been..
Comments like that aren't exactly welcoming, are they.

@bogmali
Done, new thread created.

System Name TheReactor / HTPC
Processor AMD 7800x3d 5050Mhz / Intel 10700kf (5.1ghz All Core)
Motherboard ASrock x670e Taichi / ROG Strix z490-e gaming
Cooling HeatKiller VI CPU/GPU Block -2xBlackIce GTX 360 Radiators - Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz DDR5 / 32GB G.Skill 3400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3090ti / Nvidia 2080ti
Storage Crucial T700 2TB Gen 5 / Samsung Evo 2Tb
Display(s) Acer Predator xb271hu - 2560x1440 @144hz
Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Antec Quattro 1000W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair Gaming k70
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Why come into a thread about Bitcoin and its value if you think it is stupid or the people investing in it are stupid. I typically don't voice my opinion in threads I have no interest in or think are stupid. I mean unless you just want to try to appear superior or rile up people, whats the point? Also if you are offended that people have faith in crypto then maybe don't visit here because of course people that have invested in crypto have a stronger belief in its success than a non-investor. That doesn't make them stupid or you stupid, we just don't agree on cryptos value and that is fine.

If there was a thread on beaniebabies and their value I would just not participate.

Why come into a thread about Bitcoin and its value if you think it is stupid or the people investing in it are stupid. I typically don't voice my opinion in threads I have no interest in or think are stupid. I mean unless you just want to try to appear superior or rile up people, whats the point? Also if you are offended that people have faith in crypto then maybe don't visit here because of course people that have invested in crypto have a stronger belief in its success than a non-investor. That doesn't make them stupid or you stupid, we just don't agree on cryptos value and that is fine.

If there was a thread on beaniebabies and their value I would just not participate.
Who are talking to? This is why the quote function exists.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
I find this all to be very interesting.. it’s just bad timing to get into gaming or mining right now if you are on a bit of a budget :D

System Name TheReactor / HTPC
Processor AMD 7800x3d 5050Mhz / Intel 10700kf (5.1ghz All Core)
Motherboard ASrock x670e Taichi / ROG Strix z490-e gaming
Cooling HeatKiller VI CPU/GPU Block -2xBlackIce GTX 360 Radiators - Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz DDR5 / 32GB G.Skill 3400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3090ti / Nvidia 2080ti
Storage Crucial T700 2TB Gen 5 / Samsung Evo 2Tb
Display(s) Acer Predator xb271hu - 2560x1440 @144hz
Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Antec Quattro 1000W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair Gaming k70
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Who are talking to? This is why the quote function exists.

Man so many posts happened while typing that out lol, thought I was going to be right under them.

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!
Why come into a thread about Bitcoin and its value

Good afternoon...:).

I normally don't discuss the fundamental underpinnings of any markets(especially in public), because I am strictly a technical analyst and never use market fundamentals to determine whether to invest in something or not. In fact...I believe they're worthless in determining value simply because the "herd" trades on belief and emotion. Although...there is a small group of men who do study fundamentals diligently and can be handsomely rewarded for having done so...to not acknowledge the hardworking...is folly. I tip my hat...

I wanted to respond to this comment from ZZZ on why I personally drop in to this thread now and again. I do so to see commentary in regards to Bitcoin because I have had a lifelong fascination with market bubbles and their dynamics. I've studied bubble economies since....well, for 40 years now. Bitcoin et al. from my perspective is a financial mania and absolutely from day one has had zero value other than...."belief" of value. The principle and primary ingredient for a bubble. When viewing my charts...I believe this to be the largest bubble in recorded history. Again...I will recommend reading Charles McKay's novel....Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds.

What concerns me as I'm watching the stock market peak(It will not pass it's May 10, 2021 high, or you can feel free to call me incorrect on the matter)...is the "second act". It's the second act that most interested parties(especially in bitcoin) never seem to consider and having grown up in the backrooms of brokerage firms...I am absolutely certain there will be a second act.

Liquid...what do you mean by a "second act"? I mean...the real reason for bitcoin hasn't quite stepped forward yet. Again...from my perspective...those who hold bitcoin and other cryptos are crying freedom....where I see virtual slavery as the only end game. Complete regulation, taxation...and if the local currency is competed against. Just as in gold...confiscation. The rest of society ends up in a dystopian nightmare in the process...and bitcoin is what I would call...the introduction. Perhaps bitcoin is just an instrument of introduction to a new digital age of....well, whatever you want to call it is fine. I called it a dystopian nightmare because that is how I see it...quite clearly.

Step right up, step right up and see this amazing new gizmo gadget you can wow your friends with. You sir...yes you. Let me familiarize you with our new digital currency...check out this fancy new crypto called...Bitcoin. It will be the talk of the town. Step right up step right up folks...be amazed and wondered at this new techology.

It's been bought....hook, line, and sinker.

Best Regards,

Liquid Cool

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.