1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bitspower Summit EF-X CPU Waterblock

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by VSG, Apr 12, 2017.

1. VSG

VSG Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Bitspower has not enjoyed much success in the sector of CPU waterblocks, owing to average performance and high product cost with limited customization. They aim to change this in 2017 with the new Summit EF that promises to run at up to 6°C less than before; it will also come with top options in acrylic, nickel-plated copper, and a special gold-plated copper edition.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Bitspower/Summit_EF-X/

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Deelron, adulaamin, Sasqui and 6 others say thanks.
  2. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the review!!!
    Sad to see the problems you had trying to communicate with Bitspower. I am also concerned about their quality control based on your experience.

fullinfusion says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. ERazer

ERazer

Thanks Received:
    so its still BP for fittings and EK for water blocks... its been awhile.

4. Wastedslayer

Wastedslayer

Thanks Received:
    I have the Heatkiller IV CPU block and love it to pieces. Though for my GPU I do trend towards EK due to their wide compatibility range.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. ERazer

ERazer

Thanks Received:
    I still have EK supreme somewhere... :roll:

might dive into water cooling again.

6. Daisho

Thanks Received:
    Not surprised by this review. Bitspower has always been overpriced 'bling' trash. Even with their fittings i've had nothing but leaks and other issues.

Stick with Swiftech, Alphacool or EK, imho.

7. Bruno Vieira New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey, cant you guys benchmark some of the cheap chinise water blocks like Bykski or Evo? The LOOK (with the eyes) good for the price

8. VSG

Thanks Received:
    I have a Bykski GPU block already tested, will submit the draft here soon. They also sent a CPU block but no instructions on installation, and I am working on figuring it out.

Lots of good competition in the waterblock market. Aquacomputer, Watercool etc also make some fantastic blocks. Alphacool and XSPC have some good options also.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Sasqui says thanks.
  9. Totally

Thanks Received:
    The design of that block just seems very, very off to me. I wonder how tight is the tolerance is between the top cover and base, since there isn't a gasket, and as a result how much water(probably not enough to affect much but I am still curious) is bypassing the fins

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  10. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Aqua Computer for me! My Cryos block has served me well.

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. VSG

Thanks Received:
    My thoughts exactly. A design such as this involves extremely precise engineering for little gain, and I am not convinced Bitspower has it.

*kryos

You will like what's coming up soon then.

INSTG8R says thanks.
  12. Nokiron

Nokiron

Thanks Received:
    Great review! Love to see this kind of content.

VSG says thanks.
  13. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    I'm happy with my old XSPC Raystorm blocks, got 'em pretty cheap a few years ago.
    Nice to see the water cooling reviews here, good work.

VSG says thanks.
  14. mouacyk

Thanks Received:
    Even though there is only a 3 degree variation between all the blocks, great job on adding another block to the reviewed list. In the very least, we have another choice with each reviewed block and can choose confidently knowing it will perform as expected. And, we can focus on other factors such as pricing, like reviewer did a good job with. Thanks for this review.

15. VSG

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the kind words!

16. ypsylon

Thanks Received:
    Putting QC concerns aside, because that's relative factor. 99 people will get 100% perfect product and 1 will get somewhat mixed item, its no reason to claim that product is crap. Rating 6/10 is a joke frankly, but that's the problem with reviewers who get only short-time/one-time experience with product on hand.

In defense of BP. I'm using 3 of these (acrylic top) Summit blocks and couldn't be happier. Yeah EK mounting mechanism is better for example, but I get 2C less on Summit than on Supremacy. Block is also foolproof. You can't put it wrong after maintenance - with EK you can.

BP prides itself on superior customer care which is active like 20h every day. I had once issue when they've supplied wrong bracket in motherboard kit. Same day they shipped (after providing proof of purchase) the proper one directly from Taiwan to me (in EU) with expedited courier shipping. By end of the week I had it on hand and problem was solved. Screaming about how [...let's say very bad...] company is because there is a mix-up in delivery never solves anything. Sure there is a bit of frustration, but fix is very simple.

And theirs fittings are in league of there own. There is very good reason why this stuff cost 2 or 3 times more than competition. Of course hole in the wallet is side effect ot this. :p EK vs BP fittings are like primary school education vs MIT. Can't compare.

17. VSG

Thanks Received:
    How exactly can I rate this any higher if they didn't even send replacement parts out after 2.5 months despite multiple promises? If the product does not work as intended, it gets dinged. I gave them the benefit of this being a one-time thing with QC but without any solutions and only excuses this will not work well. Their pride in customer support is unjustified at this point, Vincent knows he alone can't run everything but nothing I have seen yet shows things will improve.