• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Black Holes

New mind blowing BH infographic by ESO :eek: They're really close, I bet ALMA will catch an image of Sgr A* in 2018

The bigger question would be, what is outside of the universe?

I try not to think too hard on matters related to the universe because ... there are just too much unknown.

The bigger question would be, what is outside of the universe?

I try not to think too hard on matters related to the universe because ... there are just too much unknown.
Those questions are equally big:

What's inside electrons

What lies beyond event horizon

What lies beyond observable Universe

What was before the inflation

You always bump into infinities and singularities when you try to solve these problems

LIGO detects merging black holes for third time

Nearly 3 billion light years from Earth, the black holes are the farthest ever detected.

Gravitational Wave was produced by the collision of two heavy, stellar–mass black holes, one estimated to be ~ 31 times, and the other 19 times, as massive as the Sun.

Source: MIT / Caltech

System Name 3 "rigs"-gaming/spare pc/cruncher
Processor R7-5800X3D/i7-7700K/R9-7950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VI Extreme/Asus Ranger Z170/Asus ROG Crosshair X670E-GENE
Cooling Bitspower monoblock ,custom open loop,both passive and active/air tower cooler/air tower cooler
Memory 32GB DDR4/32GB DDR4/64GB DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX6900XT Alphacooled/AMD RX5700XT 50th Aniv./SOC(onboard)
Storage mix of sata ssds/m.2 ssds/mix of sata ssds+an m.2 ssd
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U2410 , HP 24x
Case mb box/Silverstone Raven RV-05/CoolerMaster Q300L
Audio Device(s) onboard/onboard/onboard
Power Supply 3 Seasonics, a DeltaElectronics, a FractalDesing
Mouse various/various/various
Keyboard various wired and wireless
VR HMD -
Software W10.someting or another,all 3
what's a bit puzzling to me it's how come a black hole's gravitational field strength ness is not uniform omnidirectionally as it's being depicted in concepted picture's, considering its near infinite density no two objects have been observed having tangential orbits with respect to radius.
le: misspreemptivellyclickedpostreply

Black holes, just like any other chunk of matter/energy, warp spacetime around themselves, plus they spin. (that creates orbital plane, just like around stars/planets). This torsion can't be uniform because spacetime is filled with "stuff" and because black holes lose energy via Hawking radiation. There are no ideal non-spinning black holes. There's nothing ideal in this Universe. Universe itself exists because of imperfections after the big bang.

Those questions are equally big:

What's inside electrons

What lies beyond event horizon

What lies beyond observable Universe

What was before the inflation
What if there is nothing? What if whole universe is a big, let's say, a computer simulation? Maybe we're something like in game characters and we can only see as far as "the map" goes and there is nothing at the end of it?
What happens to game characters when they die? Nothing, they just stop their existence. Perhaps it's same with us?

Wrong thread for such discussions, but after i saw your post could not reply :)

Last edited:
What if there is nothing? What if whole universe is a big, let's say, a computer simulation? Maybe we're something like in game characters and we can only see as far as "the map" goes and there is nothing at the end of it?
What happens to game characters when they die? Nothing, they just stop their existence. Perhaps it's same with us?

Wrong thread for such discussions, but after i saw your post could not reply :)

That's interesting and pretty popular hypothesis :) Conventional supercomputers can simulate some regions of the Universe and it looks really cool, now imagine what quantum computers could build. They could simulate physics, but two things are hard to simulate: chemistry/biology and consciousness. Like Roger Penrose says I don't believe that they're just some computational stuff and can be simulated. And if this is simulation then those "programmers" must be living in the "real" Universe. Lol so many questions and no answers.

System Name 3 "rigs"-gaming/spare pc/cruncher
Processor R7-5800X3D/i7-7700K/R9-7950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VI Extreme/Asus Ranger Z170/Asus ROG Crosshair X670E-GENE
Cooling Bitspower monoblock ,custom open loop,both passive and active/air tower cooler/air tower cooler
Memory 32GB DDR4/32GB DDR4/64GB DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX6900XT Alphacooled/AMD RX5700XT 50th Aniv./SOC(onboard)
Storage mix of sata ssds/m.2 ssds/mix of sata ssds+an m.2 ssd
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U2410 , HP 24x
Case mb box/Silverstone Raven RV-05/CoolerMaster Q300L
Audio Device(s) onboard/onboard/onboard
Power Supply 3 Seasonics, a DeltaElectronics, a FractalDesing
Mouse various/various/various
Keyboard various wired and wireless
VR HMD -
Software W10.someting or another,all 3
Shall I add as a +1 to a runnaway petri dish universe, may I? (nothing personal of course) :
Black holes, just like any other chunk of matter/energy, warp spacetime around themselves, plus they spin. (that creates orbital plane, just like around stars/planets). This torsion can't be uniform because spacetime is filled with "stuff" and because black holes lose energy via Hawking radiation. There are no ideal non-spinning black holes. There's nothing ideal in this Universe. Universe itself exists because of imperfections after the big bang.
torsion of what from what, it ain't like I'M m viceing one end of a mild steel rod and clampd twisting the other end, just nitpicking at supposedly "matter" needing to spin at near infinite density; some dynamo effect as a result might seem depicted versus almost improbable observation of tangential orbits.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
What if there is nothing?

What if you're seeing what's there but,are unable to (really) see what's there. For example: like a YouTube video of a dog or cat looking at a tablet with interactive fish in a fish tank or pond. They know that when they (pets) touch the screen something happens ,a splash, the fish move, so they feel like they're interacting with it and have a basic/general understanding of it and whats going on ,but really (hypothetically since we cant know for certain what a pet is truly thinking) they think it's a real pond, with real fish and real water. They seem to have a basic understanding that it's not quite "real" but that basic understanding of something being "off" is nowhere near the reality of the matter ... The reality being that the image they're seeing is a two dimensional generated graphic interaction/simulation, with so much technology behind it and so many things "going on" that they(pet) could never possibly hope to comprehend it's actual complexity/reality.

this is how i tend to see how human comprehend most everything , including the inconceivable i.e time, space, etc.