• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Black Holes

System Name EventHorizon
Processor Intel® Core™ Processor i9-13900KF 8P/16 + 16E 3.00GHz [Turbo 5.7GHz] 36MB Cache LGA1700
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z790-P
Cooling CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 240mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler
Memory 32GB (16GBx2) DDR5/6000MHz Dual Channel Memory (KINGSTON FURY BEAST RGB)
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB
Storage 2TB WD BLACK SN850X (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7300/6600 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 1200/110
Display(s) LG 34''
Case CyberPowerPC HYTE Y60 Dual Chamber Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Panoramic View Tempered Glass + 2x120mm
Audio Device(s) Asus Strix w/Alan Finote mod for Windows 11
Power Supply High Power 1300W 80+ GOLD Full Modular w/ PCIE 12+4Pins Connector for PCIe 5.0 graphics cards
Mouse Steelseries Rival 600 wired
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 7 TKL red Switch
Software Win 11 Pro
I wonder if it's possible that a big bang even occurs when everything else has separated so far apart from everything else - I keep imaging the pictures of the General Theory of Relativity that are really famous, where you place the Moon or Earth or the Sun in space, and you "imagine" it sitting and it creates a funnel type thing as seen below... well what if this isn't just imagination but truly like a fabric of some kind, and even though the distances are to great to measure any curve from say one galaxy to the next, they still act as like say buttons on this fabric, and a slight curve is present from galaxy A to B but its just slight its impossible to measure - then I wonder - what if galaxy A and B keep separating further and further apart - until boom the fabric simply can't take it anymore, and the buttons unbutton and gravity collapses in on itself, and the entire cosmos is warped in to a single tiny dense center - this could also explain how the big bang is able to condense everything into such a small area before the actual explosion takes place - all of that happening instantaneously... hmm. interesting. or perhaps I have lost my mind, who knows such things. an infinite cycle. as I mentioned earlier the sweat that evaporates off me does not become nothing - perhaps even in a scenario like this black holes themselves are instantly decimated, well yes they would in this scenario - and all that was becomes one, instantly - and since that is insane - it explodes in big bang. and 13.8 billion years later life starts to form again or eventually, statistically in a certain range anyway. quite beautiful if that is the case.

@R-T-B thoughts?

View attachment 189203
I think this has been observed through gravitational lensing.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I wonder if it's possible that a big bang even occurs when everything else has separated so far apart from everything else - I keep imaging the pictures of the General Theory of Relativity that are really famous, where you place the Moon or Earth or the Sun in space, and you "imagine" it sitting and it creates a funnel type thing as seen below... well what if this isn't just imagination but truly like a fabric of some kind, and even though the distances are to great to measure any curve from say one galaxy to the next, they still act as like say buttons on this fabric, and a slight curve is present from galaxy A to B but its just slight its impossible to measure - then I wonder - what if galaxy A and B keep separating further and further apart - until boom the fabric simply can't take it anymore, and the buttons unbutton and gravity collapses in on itself, and the entire cosmos is warped in to a single tiny dense center - this could also explain how the big bang is able to condense everything into such a small area before the actual explosion takes place - all of that happening instantaneously... hmm. interesting. or perhaps I have lost my mind, who knows such things. an infinite cycle. as I mentioned earlier the sweat that evaporates off me does not become nothing - perhaps even in a scenario like this black holes themselves are instantly decimated, well yes they would in this scenario - and all that was becomes one, instantly - and since that is insane - it explodes in big bang. and 13.8 billion years later life starts to form again or eventually, statistically in a certain range anyway. quite beautiful if that is the case.
That assumes the fabric is attached to those galaxies and it stretches, if the galaxies pass over the fabric the curve moves with the galaxies.

Holy shit!! New image reveals supermassive black hole's swirling magnetic field

This is the first time astronomers have been able to measure polarization, a signature of magnetic fields, this close to the edge of a black hole.

Astronomers image magnetic fields at the edge of M87’s black hole | ESO

Dr. Becky posted this today... also I have a crush on her... she is epic beyond belief LOL

Actually, that is an incomplete list. There are more than 5 types and each has many stages of compression/collapse. But yeah, she's a smart person!

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
Actually, that is an incomplete list. There are more than 5 types and each has many stages of compression/collapse. But yeah, she's a smart person!
Really? Everything I'm finding shows only the 5 types recognized by astrophysicists. What are the others?

Really? Everything I'm finding shows only the 5 types recognized by astrophysicists. What are the others?
That actually depends on who you talk to and/or reference.
The standard set of 3 is generally: Stellar mass, Super Massive and Intermediate mass. Others include the description Dr Becky made about "primordial" black holes which are very theoretical, though technically possible. However, the same principles apply to Micro mass black holes. Then there are Quasars which are just super massive black holes in a state of consuming a great deal of material and emitting intense EMR as a result of friction.

However, there are several more types of black holes that physics predict should exist. These are non-baryonic mass black holes(black holes that are made up of mass that does not contain or interact with baryonic matter, otherwise referenced as dark matter black holes), anti-matter black holes(it's a bizarre idea but physics says it should work and should be present in the universe) and the last is a form of black hole that exists in quantum physics and is so small that it can not consume normal matter even though it can interact with it.

Last edited:

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
Interesting. I'll have to do some more searching

heliosgnosis

I know what wimps are. Weak is still interaction.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/GLAST/science/dark_matter.html

When supersymmetic neutralinos (aka wimps) interact with each other they annihilate and create secondary particles (leptons, bosons, quarks) and gamma rays. I wasn't talking about "gravitational coalescence". Just interaction. And second: I was talking about WIMP matter and a question whether black holes were made up of WIMP matter or regular matter.

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/2002Obs...122..199A
And gravity is just a by product of a much more powerful and many would say that warping of space itself is gravity due to gravity just so happening to be a by product of it, but with anything that causes force/effect onto any level no matter how massive or macrocosmic in size is a force but it does not deserve to be taught like it is so taught. That being a powerful force, it is not, experiment's and observation's after all these centuries we so have is proof enough to say Newton really should be dethroned and we call gravity like it is, a weak bi product of the means that envelope's all the cosmos or rather planetary systems, star clusters, nebula clusters etc etc etc, no warped space no gravity pure and simple, yet we still hold fast to old out of date ideas and ideals sadly.

Low quality post by Space Lynx
Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
Black holes, white holes, white holes inside black holes. Blew my mind but in oposition to some inside theories out there (the multiverse is an idiotic theory), this one actually makes some sense