1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Black screen after Atitool 0.26 - help :)

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by Cacek, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Cacek New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

yesterday I installed atitool 0.26. I just wanted to know what I can do with my GeForce 7800 GTX :) I found maximum stable values for core and mem. I did not save any profile, just closed Atitool (I think so :) ) and turn off computer. Today morning I turn it on, system is loading (Windows XP), I see logo , and next when I should see a login screen there is nothing... except mouse cursor :) Just cursor on black screen. I tried safe boot, last known good configuration, VGA mode - always the same. Black screen.

Where can be a problem? Maybe Atitool changed (or I by using Atitool ;-) ) something in the windows registry - to high values on startup. But I don't know where I have to look it and how to get to this registry. Unfortunately I don't have any other graphic card.

I will be very gratefull for help.

Regards,
    Cacek

2. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480

Thanks Received:
    If you didn't change the default profile or tell it to load a profile on startup your Graphics card clocks should be set a default upon startup. Also, if it is a driver conflict with ATITool you should be able to startup using Safe Mode which you can't.

Try turning off and unplugging your computer removing all graphics cards and PCI cards, unplugging all hard drives and optical drives, remove all memory chips and finally remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Wait a couple of minutes, plug everything back in and reboot your computer. This may not do anything, but it has helped in the past.

10 Year Member at TPU