• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Black Screen and Reboot

machavez67

I recently purchased a newly built system off eBay, (hoping that I don't" end up regretting it) The seller disconnected the GPU to protect it in shipping. I installed the video card and hooked up my LG 34UC88 via display port and immediately noticed issues I tried each of the 3 display port connectors and two caused the screen to blink at quick rates the 3rd Blinked after a couple of hours. I deleted the drivers and reinstalled them and reconnected them with the display port. The screen ended up flashing again after a few hours of use but when it flashed back on the resolution of my monitor was not recognized. I replaced the display port cables and again within several hours the screen went black and started to reboot itself. I had to reconnect the display cable in order for the screen to turn on and again my resolution was not recognized. I switched to HDMI and that lasted for several more hours before then went blank and rebooted. I had to reconnect HDMI for the screen to show. It seems to happen more often when taxing the te system with gaming and multiple browser tabs. GPU temps have not exceeded 63 degrees during these times. I did get a couple of error messages that indicated that apps had been blocked access to the graphics hardware. I did run an SFC scan that fixed some corrupt files and hasn't that issue since. Is it possible that the GPU is going bad? The seller indicated that he tested the system with two monitors connected to Display Ports with no issues Specs are as follows: ASUS Prime Pro X570 Motherboard, 5-3600, RX5700x Ultra, Rosewill Glacier series 850w PSU, 36mg Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200. I am at my witts end any help would be greatly appreciated.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Are you using a single pci-e power connector for the card or two separate ?