• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Blizzard at Gamescom 2018: An Ode to Past and Present Successes

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
We visited Blizzard's floor space at Gamescom 2018, and what a space it was. Easily one of the more expansive areas, Blizzard outdid themselves with their multiple staging areas for the multitude of their developed - or in permanent development - games. Naturally, the crown jewel of Blizzard's space was World of Warcraft, but Overwatch stood just beside it, as if a wayward child trying to look over its ancestors' shoulder.

Areas for Heroes of the Storm, Starcraft II, and Diablo 3 were skewed off to the side. And even Destiny 2's Forsaken expansion, due out in September, made its way into Blizzard's space due to its exclusive distribution happening within Battle.net. Inside, visitors could partake in a game of Gambit - the PvPvE mode that pits real players against each other while thwarting armies of NPCs.

While another, slightly off-center nerve point of Blizzard's efforts stood fully dominated by Heartstone, in a setting with enough tables to fit in a small army in times past.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

No expansion for D3 announced yet... Jeezus Blizzard, not because you remove Auction House and MicroTransaction does it mean you have to stop caring about your games.

Even your season for D3 are just the same thing over and over again; no new gear, no new quest, nothing.

Processor Ryzen 5600
Motherboard X570 I Aorus Pro
Cooling Deepcool AG400
Memory HyperX Fury 2 x 8GB 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) RX 6700 10GB SWFT 309
Storage SX8200 Pro 512 / NV2 512
Display(s) 24G2U
Case NR200P
Power Supply Ion SFX 650
Mouse G703 (TTC Gold 60M)
Keyboard Keychron V1 (Akko Matcha Green) / Apex m500 (Gateron milky yellow)
Software W10
No expansion for D3 announced yet... Jeezus Blizzard, not because you remove Auction House and MicroTransaction does it mean you have to stop caring about your games.

Even your season for D3 are just the same thing over and over again; no new gear, no new quest, nothing.
D3 is in maintenance mode. There will be no new content. And I'd be really sad if there would. Game got stale, with a lot of fundamentally flawed mechanics. No type of additional content at this moment would make the game more enjoyable.
Considering they announced several Diablo projects (some sooner than others), I'd look at Blizzcon later this year. It'll probably be an older Diablo remaster/remake and probably a D4 announcement. With the remaster coming earlier.

D3 is in maintenance mode. There will be no new content. And I'd be really sad if there would. Game got stale, with a lot of fundamentally flawed mechanics. No type of additional content at this moment would make the game more enjoyable.
Considering they announced several Diablo projects (some sooner than others), I'd look at Blizzcon later this year. It'll probably be an older Diablo remaster/remake and probably a D4 announcement. With the remaster coming earlier.

Ooh I didn't know that. I really loved what they've done with D3 Reaper of Souls. The game became great afterwards. Yeah the PVP is broken and useless, but the PVE/Coop experience and the "Couch Gaming" part is very fun (even at long term).

It's a good franchise and I'm sure they can do something with it. Maybe D4 could be a real and loyal successor of D2, and a remake of D1/D2 would be welcome for sure.