• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bluetooth Problem

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Hello all,

I am having a frustrating BT ordeal that has me stumped....My BT KB (G613) will not stay connected upon each restart....although my BT mouse (MX Master 2) and BT JBL Studio Speakers work just fine nottaproblemo....

This is on a new i9-9900k & Maximus Hero Z390 mobo with built in Wi-Fi/BT & W10 Pro, which runs great except for this.

I have tried all of the normal troubleshooting steps, removed & reinstalled the latest drivers, paired, unpaired & re-paired it, uninstalled it in device manager etc etc....

Also have the same mouse & KB at work connected to my dell lappy w/built-in BT, and it just works....

ANY ideas welcomed :)

Thanks

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I know this sounds dumb but sometimes this is just weak signal. The BT 'antenna' is normally located at the back of the PC and this can sometimes mean that the BT signal is susceptible to a lot of interference from the rest of the PC & other electronic or wireless devices.

I had the same problem on my previous 3 machines. The only real answer is either changing to a wired KB & M or buy another BT adapter and plugging it to the front of your PC where the signal will be stronger.

I know it sounds controversial but this the same way i got around the issue. Either go wired or plug in another BT adapter at the front of your case. If your G613 came with its own wireless USB adapter. Look at buying a USB hub and plugging it into that while having the USB hub located closer to you or where KB&M is - Just anything to cut down the wireless distance between the devices.

Motherboard AZW SEI
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Power Supply 65w brick
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Well the antenna is connected to the mobo by a 18" cable and sits approx. 1ft above my rig.

My BT mouse works fine and is right beside the kb...

My BT speakers are 8 ft away and they work fine also....

So I don't think distance or weak signal is the problem, and as I said, the exact same mouse/kb/spkr combo works great at my office, where the lappy has no external antenna & there are several other workstations with multiple BT devices in the room as well....

Could the receiver be faulty. Never heard of one going faulty, but you never know. I have all Logitech devices here all have their own receiver plugged in back of computer. I can operate computer three metres away with no extension needed.

I think the USB receiver is not set-up correctly.

Motherboard AZW SEI
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Power Supply 65w brick
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Well I guess the kb's internal receiver could be flaky, cause after I re-pair it, it works great, until I reboot, then same thing all over again...

I have a new G613 coming today, so if it works as expected that should tell me what's what...

There is NO usb anything involved here, strictly Bluetooth

Well I guess the kb's internal receiver could be flaky, cause after I re-pair it, it works great, until I reboot, then same thing all over again...

I have a new G613 coming today, so if it works as expected that should tell me what's what...

There is NO usb anything involved here, strictly Bluetooth

Yes, but keyboard comes with LIGHTSPEED USB receiver. Is there a reason for not using the USB receiver. It's what I use here with G915 with no issues.

Last edited:
System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
I have tried all of the normal troubleshooting steps, removed & reinstalled the latest drivers, paired, unpaired & re-paired it, uninstalled it in device manager etc etc....
What about the very first "normal troubleshooting step"? Fresh batteries!

Did it used to work fine?

What about the very first "normal troubleshooting step"? Fresh batteries!

Did it used to work fine?

It could be that, but Logitech software warns you of low battery. It should also show up on the keyboard LED. So you have two indicators to show if you are low on battery. It's very hard to miss the first warning as it overlays on display.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
Motherboard MSI MPG X670E Carbon Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A (Chromax)
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL32 64 GB
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon RX 7900 XTX Gaming Trio Classic
Storage WD Black SN850X 4 TB
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q-P
Case LianLi O11 Air Mini (Black)
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 700 Pro X, Kanto YU6 w/ Kanto Sub8 (Matte Black)
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850
Mouse Pulsar X2H eS (Supergrip, Superglide2) w/ Artisan Hien FX (Black, Large, Soft)
Keyboard Keychron Q2 (Knob, Carbon Black, Gateron Ink V2 Red)
Software Windows 11 Pro
You mentioned you tried the latest Bluetooth drivers, but have you tried going one version back? I mention this because I went through some Bluetooth troubleshooting on my system about two weeks ago and the latest Intel Bluetooth drivers (21.90.2) were giving me major issues - my BT was not showing up on boot or would only show up for a few seconds. It was super flaky. I swapped out the drivers for the 21.80.0 set and it was like night and day...soooooo much better.

No idea if this is your issue or not but I figured I'd throw it out there. :)

System Name Matter's / Helios 300 Predator
Processor Ryzen 7 2700 / i7 7700HQ
Motherboard B450 Tomahawk / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Cooling Arctic Freezer eSports Duo
Memory Patriot Viper ddr4 32gb / 32gb gskill ddr4
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Super Ventus OC / GTX 1060 6gb
Storage Patriot Viper nvme M2, crucial MX300 275gb, Samsung 860 qvo 1tb
Display(s) Acer 24" 1080p / 15.6 1080p HD
Case Antec 300 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Audio Device(s) On Board - Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Cans
Power Supply Antec 850watt high current pro
Mouse Steel series Rival 600
Keyboard Corsair K70 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Software Win 10 Pro / Win 10 Home
I am echoing @delshay try using the receiver that came shipped with your KB. There could be a conflict between the built in one on your mobo and the keyboard. Product page shows it comes with one.

You mentioned you tried the latest Bluetooth drivers, but have you tried going one version back? I mention this because I went through some Bluetooth troubleshooting on my system about two weeks ago and the latest Intel Bluetooth drivers (21.90.2) were giving me major issues - my BT was not showing up on boot or would only show up for a few seconds. It was super flaky. I swapped out the drivers for the 21.80.0 set and it was like night and day...soooooo much better.

No idea if this is your issue or not but I figured I'd throw it out there. :)

Something is not quite right with some versions of Intel drivers. Something is broken. It was ok up-to late last year, but something has gone wrong this year. As it happens Intel Bluetooth is broken here, so I left it broken, can't be bothered to fix it & I don't use it anyway.

Motherboard AZW SEI
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Power Supply 65w brick
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Yes, it came with a USB receiver, but IMO, that just defeats the purpose of buying a BT KB in the 1st place (not using up 1 of my ports) :D

Yes, fresh Batteries were the VERY 1st thing I tried.....

Yes, everything worked fine on my old machine, however that rig had a pcie wireless/BT card installed, which I no longer have...

And again, my BT mouse & speakers work no problem, I only had to pair them once when first I built this new rig. That's the way it's supposed to work..

And again, the real issue is that the KB works fine in every way once paired, until I reboot the computer, then I have to re-pair it again & again...

I guess I will try the older drivers as mentioned above :)

Thanks to everyone for the assistance & suggestions ! I will post back if/when I resolve this.

WELL....

I got my new G613 in today, and it didnt work any better, so I went looking and found new drivers on Intel's site that were about 2 weeks newer than what I already had (v21.90.2.1 dated 5-20-20), and they fixed the issue completely. I have rebooted 8 times, and cold booted 4x and everything still works as expected...

SO happy now :)

Last edited: