• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Coming to Linux This Fall

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/08/borderlands-the-pre-sequel-linux-release-confirmed

Almost thought to post this in the games forum, but it is actually Linux news...:).

Nice to see another triple AAA title heading our way. Perhaps it's the crack in the dam that leads to a flood...who knows...

For gaming...it's blue skies in Linux...nothing but blue skies ahead. Things can only get better....because from my standpoint...if I had to load Supertuxcart and call it good - one more time - my head was going to explode.

:D,

LC

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/08/borderlands-the-pre-sequel-linux-release-confirmed

Almost thought to post this in the games forum, but it is actually Linux news...:).

Nice to see another triple AAA title heading our way. Perhaps it's the crack in the dam that leads to a flood...who knows...

For gaming...it's blue skies in Linux...nothing but blue skies ahead. Things can only get better....because from my standpoint...if I had to load Supertuxcart and call it good - one more time - my head was going to explode.

:D,

LC

With the new upcoming unreal engine supporting linux and the crysis engine already supporting linux we can say that linux has arrived. Just as I predicted, thanks to Valve pc gamers will no longer be forced to pay $100 bucks to run Windoze.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
ER...

In complete agreement.

It took me awhile to warm up to Steam when it first came out. Although...over the years, I've become a big fan and it's because of two things....

Gabe's attitude regarding open source and my games - just work. No fuss...they just work.

The installs are so easy anymore, I almost feel like it's made me lazy....:eek:.

Also...I haven't had time to investigate this as much as I'd like, I know there we're recent updates to getting XBMC working with SteamOS and that is something that I'm VERY interested in. It's been mentioned by many people that Amazon is starting to making serious headway into winning the family room for media content, although they have huge opposition in Microsoft/Sony/Samsung/Apple etc....

In my home I'm putting my chips down on a combination of SteamOS/XBMC

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTc1MzY

LC

Last edited:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
ER...

In complete agreement.

It took me awhile to warm up to Steam when it first came out. Although...over the years, I've become a big fan and it's because of two things....

Gabe's attitude regarding open source and my games - just work. No fuss...they just work.

The installs are so easy anymore, I almost feel like it's made me lazy....:eek:.

Also...I haven't had time to investigate this as much as I'd like, I know there we're recent updates to getting XBMC working with SteamOS and that is something that I'm VERY interested in. It's been mentioned by many people that Amazon is starting to making serious headway into winning the family room for media content, although they have huge opposition in Microsoft/Sony/Samsung/Apple etc....

In my home I'm putting my chips down on a combination of SteamOS/XBMC

LC

I run xbmcbuntu and i love it. it is very lightweight as it runs very smoothly on an old dual core zbox. if they come up with a way of running xbmc easily with steamos well then i am sold!

Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
I actually came back to this thread to play Blue Skies one more time....I got it stuck in my head....:).

While I'm here listening....

The recent update from SteamOS included updates for XBMC(link added in post above). I've been investigating xbmcbuntu and OPENelec/XBMC. Didn't like the OPENelec option because I want to easily be able to jump into other programs if needed(IE: not a 100% set-top box experience.). For now...going to go with WMC(Win7) and perhaps plex or mediabrowser while I'm educating myself on exactly what it is I want to use in linux and 'how' to use it...I've been playing with XBMC for about a month now....love it. So...I'm eager to switch, but I'm going to wait another few months, probably make it a project during the winter.

Did want to comment on OPENelec though...if a person is looking for a set top box experience...that's your OS. Instead of purchasing an Android box, you could easily use old parts and put together something that would work out well, not much power needed. On my C2D/GT 420 combo...every thing was lightning fast. Actually seemed like overkill.

Best,

LC