• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bought from Goodoffer24 after TPU advertised. I got burnt after a drive failure

System Name GPD-Q9
Processor Rockchip RK-3288 1.8ghz quad core
Motherboard GPD Q9_V6_150528
Cooling Passive
Memory 2GB DDR3
Video Card(s) Mali T764
Storage 16GB Samsung NAND
Display(s) IPS 1024x600
So i bought an Office 2019 Pro cd key from Goodoffer24, after it was advertised on TPU in 09/19.

I would recommend against buy from these sites, even from different key sale sites. I've learnt my lesson. Off to buy a O365 subscription.
This is not the sellers fault. GoodOffer24 is only a key seller, they do not provide product support.

Did you try calling Microsoft's activation phone number? If you didn't, you need to as that is who you will need to talk to to reactivate. If you explain the failed HDD and reinstall, they will manually give you an activation code.

Blaming the seller for something they have no control over is waste of time.

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Intel i9 9900k
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 @ 14-14-14-34-2T
Video Card(s) AMD RX 5700 XT (XFX THICC Ultra III)
Storage Mushkin Pilot-E 2TB NVMe SSD w/ EKWB M.2 Heatsink
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) VGA HDMI->Panasonic SC-HTB20/Schiit Modi MB/Asgard 2 DAC/Amp to AKG Pro K7712 Headphones
Power Supply SeaSonic Prime 750W 80Plus Titanium
Mouse ROCCAT Kone EMP
Keyboard WASD CODE 104-Key w/ Cherry MX Green Keyswitches, Doubleshot Vortex PBT White Transluscent Keycaps
Software Windows 10 Enterprise (yes, it's legit.)
Regardless of the validity of the keys, and/or the way you can make this right (I agree, call MS support and explain), that support monkey needs retraining or something. Jesus, what kind of response is that? "I have a problem.... [Proceeds to explain and discuss problem]"

"No Refund!"

I swear it's the soup nazi on the line.

Processor i7 8700k 4.7Ghz @ 1.26v
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X @ 2100/5500
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Eizo Foris FG2421
Case Fractal Design Define C TG
Power Supply EVGA G2 750w
Mouse Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum
Keyboard Sharkoon MK80 (Brown)
Software W10 x64
So i bought an Office 2019 Pro cd key from Goodoffer24, after it was advertised on TPU in 09/19.

I would recommend against buy from these sites, even from different key sale sites. I've learnt my lesson. Off to buy a O365 subscription.
If its any value to you, I buy everything from keysites and had bad keys and issues two times, both were resolved admirably, both times just with a new, free key sent to me in couple of days at the most.

There are differences. I hate to say this, and while I support TPU... the keysellers they offer are utter shite. Sorry W1zz. The price is inflated. I can find Windows 10 Pro for 2-4 bucks per license... Not 12. And its not like you get great service for it, as you experienced.

But I'm not sure this is a case of bad key. It worked after all, so the key was not used. What I would expect from any half decent support guy is to note the fact a HDD was swapped and the license was re-used. You're now going down the wrong path with him, and with us in this approach. The error was after all on your end whether you could help it or not. And you did do a hardware swap now.

Upside, they're cheap, get another one and move on :)

Last edited:

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 9900K@5.0GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z370 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB Corsair DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix GTX 1080Ti
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) QNIX QX2710 1440p@120Hz
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Regardless of the validity of the keys, and/or the way you can make this right (I agree, call MS support and explain), that support monkey needs retraining or something. Jesus, what kind of response is that? "I have a problem.... [Proceeds to explain and discuss problem]"

"No Refund!"

I swear it's the soup nazi on the line.
MS Support isn't going to do anything, the key wasn't obtained in a legit manner. The key's been blacklisted in their system for being resold when it wasn't supposed to be.

If'n I tellz ya, den I gotzta, well, you know....
System Name The Big RED One
Processor i9-9900k, oc'd to 5.037 ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Hero Wifi Z390
Cooling CoolerMaster AIO 280mm push/pull, 11x Corsair 140mm ML RGB Fans (top, sides, rear)
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengence RBG pro DDR4-3200 (4x 8GB) in XMP2
Video Card(s) MSI Seahawk 1070 w/15% o/c
Storage 2x WD Black SN750 1TB nvme + 2x 2TB Crucial SSD
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" LCD's @4k-1440p
Case Thermaltake TT900 Supertower
Audio Device(s) Built-in
Power Supply EVGA G2 SuperNova 850W Modular
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shiite turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores Quicker than flies on a dung pile
I bought a W10pro/Office19 combo from them awhile back for a new rig. The office key worked on the 1st try, the W10 did not. I emailed them & they sent me a new key the next day, and it activated also on the 1st try, nottaproblemo.. :)

But as always, YMMV :D

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
This also makes a case of backing up a drive in case of failure with a backup image or even by cloning it to another drive and stashing it somewhere safe.
As long as you maintain a means of backup you should be OK.

ButterKnife

This is not the sellers fault. GoodOffer24 is only a key seller, they do not provide product support.

Did you try calling Microsoft's activation phone number? If you didn't, you need to as that is who you will need to talk to to reactivate. If you explain the failed HDD and reinstall, they will manually give you an activation code.

Blaming the seller for something they have no control over is waste of time.
I did attempt it over the phone, three times. The response each time was "I'm sorry, i was unable to validate your installation ID." This would make you think the code i entered was wrong but i can see the numbers entered on my mobile and they all matched what is in the Activation wizard in windows. This is when i went back to goodoffer24, as two activation methods had failed.

This also makes a case of backing up a drive in case of failure with a backup image or even by cloning it to another drive and stashing it somewhere safe.
As long as you maintain a means of backup you should be OK.
You may be right, a backup might have prevented this, unless it ties the activation to a single hardware ID, then changing the drive would break the activation. I'm not a fan of backing up OS drives. I keep my data elsewhere and generally do a clean install of windows every 18-24 months. The only thing i have on the drive is Windows, with data and games store on separate drives in the computer.

My issue is they specifically state, 1 activation only. I didn't buy an OEM Windows 10 licence. Just trying to raise some awareness as i bought 3 of these licences. One for me, one for a friend and one for a family member. Had i known of these limitations, i'd have just gone with a O365 subscription for 12 months and it would have cost me less than 3 standalone 2019 Pro licences from goodoffer24. Maybe that price is just a reflection in Australia, but it's a bit shit.

Last edited:
System Name Overlord Mk MXVI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro
Memory 32GB Viper Steel 3600 DDR4 @ 3800MHz 16-19-16-19-36
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC 8G
Storage 1TB WD Black NVMe (2018), 2TB Viper VPN100, 1TB WD Blue 3D NAND
Display(s) Asus PG27AQ
Case Corsair Carbide 275Q
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Wooting Two
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/33u9si
I did the same with an office key, re-installed my system and the key won't re-activate.
Called M$, they told me it was a business license, so they couldn't activate it.
Told them I have a local business, which apparently threw them off.
Spent the next 30 minutes trying to give them the key over the phone plus my local company ID before I told them to get stuffed, since the staff on the phone spoke so bad English that I was losing it. o_O
So yeah, not a great experience, but not the fault of the key really, but you'd think M$ could bother hiring staff that knows all the letters of the alphabet plus zero to nine in English, but apparently not...

Last edited:

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
Try to nag Microsoft support. When something like that happened to me, the phone system worked.