• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Brain dead

starshipwarrior

I am trying to educate myself on these ATI card vs HD res and other terms
So 1080P is = 1900 x 1080 - So here is where the confusion for me starts - I understant the different RES but my Card (ATI Radeon X800 PRO) the display properties shows two lines under display

1. Plug and Play Monitor - on Radeon X800 Pro it can only go as high as 1360x768
2. (Default Monitor) on Radeon X800 Pro Secondary it goes to 2048x1536

question
1. so how do I get it to use the default monitor even though I can't go higher then 1300
2. So how did i get two displays since I removed all drivers prior to this 6-9 install
I am so confused LOL
This machine is a ASUS P4T533 MB - 32-bit Rambus (has 512 in it) CPU 3.5
the display is a sammy 32inch LCD /TV which runs at 60hmz and seems to be maxed out at 1360

I checked the ATI manual and it stated that "install AGP drivers for non Intel Chipset based Motherboards
The thing is it did not list which MB it refers to
I tried to find out what Chipset my ASUS P4T533 uses thru system devices but could not find it - anyone know how to get that info

Since the card works I am guessing that it has some sort of AGP intel driver ?
I am planning on getting another LCD/maybe plasma -(40-60inch) what res should I be looking for to get the 1900 x 1080

last question : are there any video cards that have HDMI connectors - all I have is DVI

Thank you all for your help
Starship Warrior