• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BRANDS OF PC OR ENTERTAINMENT SPEAKERSFor 7.1 setup

MacGyverX

System Name The O'Neil SG-1
Processor Amd Athlon 64 F-60 Dual core
Motherboard Asus A8n 32x Sli deluxe
Cooling Antec (900 Gaming case, with 6 Antec Tri Cooled Fans Green
Memory 4 gigs Corsair Twinx Cl2 memory
Video Card(s) 2 Nvidia Geforce 7950 GX2 Running Quad Sli
Storage 2 Western Digital Raptor 10,000 RPM Sata Drives 75 gig
Display(s) 17 Inch Dell LCd monitor
Case Antec 900 gamer case
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound blaster Audigy 4 pro
Power Supply Antec True Power TRIO 650 watt PSU SLI Certified
Software Windows XP pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores Below is the result details of your submitted project. Main Test Results 3DMark Score 8321 3DMa
PLEASE HELP I MISS MY MOVIES AND GAMING !!!!:(:(
Does anyone get what im trying to do. Trying to find a amplifier that can connect 7 speakers to a home theater systems and then connect it to my pc. What all do I need?

I started this thread for those of us out there who are not familiar with Speaker brands that are compatible with pc soundcards, like creative, or ways to convert your home theater systems into pc usable speakers. I want to know first where are good places to buy 7.1 Set Speakers that are THX or theater quality speakers, for your home entertainment system, and then how can one if they have some, connect and convert them to work via connection with a computer motherboard or pci sound card like creative audigy 4 pro or what ever. Reason I started this thread is My creative gigaworks 750 system speakers subwoofer crashed and PSU in it is to blame, and I had fixed it myself once but it eventually failed anyway. I used them foreverything from watching movies and playing games, and id like to just go into a better more expensive brand of home theater speakers and make them 7.1 at least even if i have to buy 7 sperate speakers what do i need to make this set up function.

1 brand of home theater or stereo speakers
2 compatibility connectors brand and type for converting them to pc
3 what other equipment is needed to get them functionall
4 Brand of amplifiers, subwoofers, stereo systems
and connection cables brand or converters that allow creative gigaworks 750 orange balck and green connectors to work with a home theater apllication hardware if i find one that is 7.1

And well you get what im trying to do find a amplifier that can connect 7 speakers to a home theater systems and then connect it to my pc. What all do I need?

KBD

Processor Intel e8600 @ 4.9 Ghz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RSB Plus
Cooling Water
Memory 2GB (2 x 1GB) of Buffalo Firestix DDR2-1066
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon HD 4870 1GB OC (820/950) & tweaking
Storage 2x 74GB Velociraptors in RAID 0; 320 GB Barracuda 7200.10
Display(s) 22" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB
Case Silverstone TJ09-BW
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Profesional
Power Supply Ultra X3 800W
Software Windows XP Pro w/ SP3
so if i understand you correctly you were happy with the Creative Gigaworks 750 until the subwoofer died, correct? If thats the case get yourself another set of 7.1 speakers, either the Gigaworks or Inspire T7900 or something else. Gigaworks are very good PC speakers, i dont know if you can get something better. Some folks prefer Logitech, i personally own Inspire P7800 and have the speakers placed around my pc for surround and i'm completely happy with my games and movies.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Why the all caps?

MacGyverX

Benchmark Scores Below is the result details of your submitted project. Main Test Results 3DMark Score 8321 3DMa
the caps was accident, and im wanting to go more with home theater like panasonic, but im wanting advice on how to convert the home theater speakers so they will connect to my pc so i can use them for both

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
Get an audio card that outputs in DTS (I'm using xonar D2). Get a receiver or all-in-one setup that decodes DTS. Use w/e speakers you want if you chose a stand-alone receiver.

Quality depends on price.

http://www.onkyousa.com/

MacGyverX

I have a Sound blaster Audigy 4 pro, And the Audigy 4 pro box that does dts, what do i do If i find a home theater system , so that i can use its speakers for my pc games and movies

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
If it decodes DTS, then that's it. Hook it up and it'll be fine. You can use coax or optical if your card supports it.

MacGyverX

ITS THE PSU IN THE SUBWOOFER< NOT MY PC< THAT I WAS REFERING TO AS BEING TO BLAME. AND IF YOU UNDERSTOOD I WAS SAYING THAT MY SUBWOOFER FAILED AND THATS WHY I CANT USE ANY PART OF IT AMP NEITHER SO IM WANTING TO UPGRADE TO A BETTER SYSTEM WITH AT LEAST 7 SPEAKERS< OR FIND AWAY TO GET A HOME THEATER SYSTEM AND CONVERT THE CONNECTIONS TO BE ABLE TO USE ON A COMPUTER HOW DO I DO THAT? AND DAREN IF YOUR GOING TO HELP PEOPLE LOSE THE SMART $#@$%# RUTINE And read the netire question before opening a statement

MacGyverX

I have a HDMI TV, A Creative Audigy 4 Pro Soundcard, A Audigy 4 pro BOX with all the connective options on it like optical in optical out and smss functions.and other connectors on the back. , And now a Subwoofer that wont function and 7 speakers from it that might be usefull but im going to look for a system to replace the gigaworks with im thinking of the Onkyo s900 that you showed me thank you all for that, AND Its 7.1, But after i buy them I need a way to use them with my pc for pc gaming? How do you do that i guess is the next question or is it just a simply cord connector i need?

qamulek

somon is wron!!!!

Darren I initially skipped over your post since I recognized it as a post similar to the grammar whores that permeate the interwebs; information on the webNets may not be entirely correct, but trying to fix every error on the infoBrane is a losing battle.

Sorry I dont know who "DAREN" is.

I believe the problem lies here:
previously posted gospel
I skipped over your post since a majority of it seemed to be just for bashing someone else, however by doing so I missed your possible solution to the problem. IMHO cut out the gospel[flame?] and emphasize the solution, then maybe people won't react in such a harsh manner to your post.

To be fair MacGyverX did react in a hostile manner to your post, which I believe is only human nature when people feel they are being attacked. Long time ago I found myself doing the same thing to posts that attacked me, however at some point I stopped replying in such a hostile manner since I realized that this just continues a flame war that has no end. Any slight hostility is amplified due to the non-personal nature of the entropyNet, which means people need to reply in a neutral manner in order to avoid a flame war.
"An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind"-Mahatma Gandhi

If it feels like I'm replying in a hostile manner I say sorry before hand~~~ In one culture people tell other people about their mistakes because they love them. If they didn't love them then they wouldn't try to help the other person overcome their mistakes. If I didn't care about either of you[you are part of techpowerup family] I certainly wouldn't have pointed out the mistakes made. Before I decided to respond I seriously considered NOT pointing out what went wrong since I wouldn't really be adding to the purpose of the original thread.

IMO everyone[including me] on the infoTree is:

PS :toast: for the solution; hope it works.