• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bricked MSI 3080 Ventus OC 3X

Taleoo

Hello !

I'm having trouble with my 3080 Ventus OC, I got it a month ago and yesterday my PC just crashed during a TFT game and i never got to see the screen using the card again.
The EZ Debug VGA led lit up on my MB and nothing...
I tried updating it with Dragon Center first to no avail, then i tried to disable CSM in the bios (in case it was a rebar issue) but it was already disabled. I then tried NVFlash to restore the stock firmware, which didn't work at first (Unable to access falcon control state) And after several reboots i managed to flash it. Not working.... I ended up reflashing the latest firmware but nothing seems to work...

Here is my config if that helps :
CPU : Core i7 6700k
MB : MSI Z270 A Pro
PSU : Gigabyte P750GM
RAM : Corsaire Vengeance 3666 DDR4 16Go

And here is a screenshot of GPUZ which shows that now i don't even have the informations on the card...

azdazd.gif

I'm gonna try to contact MSI but sadly the card was bought in Taiwan by a friend because of the shortage and i don't know if they'll do something warranty wise (I'm in France btw).

Thanks a lot !

If you have the original BIOS on it. Try to email MSI France and see if you have some sort of international warranty.

Processor AMD Ryzen R7 5800x
Motherboard B550i Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Custom Cooling
Memory 32Gb Patriot Viper 3600 RGB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Ventus Trio OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO
Display(s) Specterpro 34uw100
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Power Supply Cooler Master V750 Gold SFX
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Ducky One 2
VR HMD Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
I have the same card and have abused it more than any card I have ever owned. With the specs that you provided and the things I've read about it. Your PSU might be the culprit. I suggest swapping that out as soon as possible.

Regarding the card, try to contact MSI in Taiwan as well just to cover all bases.

Taleoo

Okay i'll buy a new PSU (tbh i already thought it was the culprit...) I'll reeach out to MSI anyway. If it happens to be a solvable problem i'll update this thread with the fix. But i'm more and more leaning towards an RMA