• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Budget:2000$] \ questions?

hello, friends
i got headache from thinking, what parts should i buy for my budget
i'm just decided to set a budget to built a gaming\music pc
i'm already got a 144 1080p monitor and the money for only the hardware parts
something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/H2cvXL

what the opinion about those parts in my partlist ?

my needs:
  • pc with a GTX 980 Ti
  • supports SLI
  • high end sound card for clearer sound quality
  • bluray OD
questions:
- can i fit 2 GPUs + dedicated sound card at the same time on the board?
- should i looking for a better psu than 1000w psu to run 2x 980ti and for overclocking?
- should i buy a cheaper sound card for music listening than that STX? (no recording, just listening to music)
- what the meaning of "Signal-to-noise ratio"???? is it has a relation for in sound quality ?

that's all>>

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen5 2600
Motherboard MSi X470 Gaming PLus
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML240L AIO
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x16Gb) DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSi GTX Armor 1080
Storage Crucial MX500 250Gb SSD M.2 /Crucial MX500 1Tb SSD / Toshiba X300 4Tb HD
Display(s) AOC 31.5" 1440p
Case NZXT H500
Audio Device(s) Creative Z
Power Supply Silverstone Strider 650w
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB UK
Software Win 10 Pro
Your pcpartlist appears to be empty, just thought you should know :)

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
You are buying a high end motherboard. It comes with really good sound already.
Realtek ALC1150 115dB SNR HD audio with built-in Rear Audio Amplifier
High end quality audio capacitors
Integrated audio has improved tremendously over the last few years, much in part to more and more motherboards being integrated into home theater systems - and to more and more PC gamers demanding quality sound. Typically, with computers, it is the speakers that limit the fidelity considering an expensive computer speaker system is $500 for 6 speakers (4 surround, 1 center, and the subwoofer) and the amplifiers too. Yet home theater systems often cost $1000s just for the speakers, then a bunch more for the amps. I've seen home systems where just the cabling cost more than that $500!

So I would see (listen to) how the integrated sound sounds first. Then if not happy, you can always add a sound card later.

That case comes with 2 x 140mm fan and 1 x 120mm fans. Again, I would see how they work before buying 3 more fans. And I sure would not get those loud fans either. 25.2dBA at 52.19CFM??? That is lousy! And SUPER LOUD!!! Plus they are expensive too.

If you need more air flow, check out these 140mm be quiet! fans. They move a lot more air than those Corsairs while being MUCH quieter too. If you want 120mm, there are these for $16 or these for just $11. Plus the be quiet! fans have a longer warranty too.

You don't get a nice monitor, Blu-ray player and express concern about audio quality if you want to be staring at, or worse, be distracted by your case. Fancy lights do nothing for performance, add some heat, consume some power, and do nothing for performance (worth repeating).
"Signal-to-noise ratio"???? is it has a relation for in sound quality ?
Signal to noise means exactly what it says. All electronics make noise (typically hiss). On loud music, it is not a problem. But in quiet passages (and in a quiet room - low "ambient" background noise), this hiss can be heard if you have a lousy signal to noise ratio and speakers capable or reproducing it.