• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Build Your Masterpiece - CORSAIR Launches New Full-Tower 7000 Series Cases

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
[Editor's note: Our review of the CORSAIR 7000D Airflow can be found here for those interested.]

CORSAIR, a world leader in enthusiast components for gamers, creators, and PC builders, today announced a new series of full-tower ATX cases to accommodate the biggest, most ambitious enthusiast builds: the CORSAIR 7000D AIRFLOW and the CORSAIR iCUE 7000X RGB. Available in black and white, both 7000 Series cases feature a mammoth interior for maximum cooling potential, accommodating multiple radiators - up to three 360mm or two 420mm simultaneously. Exceptional airflow comes courtesy of included 140mm PWM fans featuring CORSAIR AirGuide technology, while the popular CORSAIR RapidRoute cable management system helps you easily create tidy, professional-looking builds.

Choosing from either the 7000D AIRFLOW's perforated steel high-airflow front panel, or the 7000X RGB's three beautiful tempered glass windows to showcase your system and lighting, PC enthusiasts will find the ideal case for their next masterpiece. The cavernous interior of 7000 Series cases offers a multitude of cooling configurations to handle almost any PC cooling setup, with room for up to 12x 120mm or 7x 140mm cooling fans, or multiple radiators including up to 3x 360mm or 2x 420mm simultaneously. A specialized motherboard tray with customizable fan mounts enables you to install up to four 120mm fans or up to a 480mm radiator into the side of the case.

The 7000D AIRFLOW includes three 140mm fans with CORSAIR AirGuide technology, for concentrated airflow directed toward your PC's hottest components. The 7000X RGB goes a step further and adds radiant RGB lighting with four included SP140 RGB ELITE AirGuide fans, each equipped with eight individually addressable RGB LEDs. An included iCUE COMMANDER CORE XT controller, CORSAIR iCUE software, and a PWM fan repeater provide comprehensive control of not only lighting, but fan speed and performance too. Both the 7000D AIRFLOW and 7000X RGB offer an abundance of storage space including 6x combo 2.5in / 3.5in drive trays and 3x 2.5in SSD mounts. A full array of front panel I/O connections including a USB 3.1 Type-C port and 4x USB 3.0 ports ensures the 7000 Series meets the needs of nearly any system.

The 7000 Series' tempered glass window showcases your premium components, while the case cleverly conceals your cables. The CORSAIR RapidRoute cable management system routes major cables through a single hidden channel, with a spacious 30mm of routing depth behind the motherboard and two tool-free hinged side panels for easy access. A three-slot vertical GPU mount on the PSU shroud puts any size graphics card center stage.

The spacious interior of both 7000 Series cases is optimal for housing the new CORSAIR H170i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler. With a massive 420mm radiator, three ML140 RGB PWM fans, and an eye-catching RGB pump head, the H170i ELITE CAPELLIX is the highest performing all-in-one cooler from CORSAIR to-date. Its extreme cooling performance is powered by a low-noise centrifugal pump, generating less than 20 dBA. A split-flow copper cold plate rapidly absorbs heat from your CPU, while the ML140 RGB fans spin up to 2,000 RPM to disperse that heat after it reaches the radiator.

This top-tier performance is complemented by dynamic RGB lighting from 33 ultra-bright, power-efficient CAPELLIX LEDs in the pump head and eight individually addressable RGB LEDs per ML140 RGB fan. With the incredible customization offered by the included CORSAIR iCUE COMMANDER CORE Controller and powerful CORSAIR iCUE software, you can put the spotlight on your cooling. The H170i ELITE CAPELLIX is compatible with almost every modern Intel and AMD CPU, including LGA 1200, 115X, 2066, and AM4 sockets.

With the launch of the 7000 Series, ORIGIN PC is adding the 7000D AIRFLOW and 7000X RGB cases to its award-winning line of GENESIS custom PCs. Boasting the highest-end hardware, from Intel Core i9 and AMD Ryzen CPUs to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30-Series graphics, ORIGIN PC's GENESIS line of desktops combines superpowered specs with maximum customization, letting you configure your dream PC just the way you want.

Availability, Warranty, and Pricing
The CORSAIR 7000D AIRFLOW, 7000X RGB, and H170i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler are available immediately from the CORSAIR webstore and the CORSAIR worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors. The CORSAIR 7000D AIRFLOW and 7000X RGB are backed by a two-year warranty, and the H170i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler is backed by a five-year warranty, alongside the CORSAIR worldwide customer service and technical support network. For up-to-date pricing of the CORSAIR 7000D AIRFLOW, 7000X RGB, and H170i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, please refer to the CORSAIR website. ORIGIN PC GENESIS systems are available immediately with the 7000D AIRFLOW and 7000X RGB as chassis options.

Web Pages
To learn more about the CORSAIR 7000 Series, please visit:

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
Good to see a case with more than 2x 3.5" HDD bays
I agree, 100%! I don't understand this mentality that gamers don't need or use hard drives.

There I was thinking, why Corsair does not do a Mini-Itx version of this case, and what do you know ? they make one another for atx size, that is like 3-4 for the same family line of cases now?

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
if that it on the desk image, it looks more like a large mid-tower than a full tower.

System Name Main Machine
Processor Intel i9-13900KS
Motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Apex
Cooling Water cooling, 2x EK-DDC 3.2 PWM, 1x360mm+1x240mm+1x120mm EK, Mora 360 Pro, EK-Quantum Velocity 2
Memory G.SKILL 32GB DDR5-7200, 7200J3445G16GX2-TZ5RS
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 7900 XTX Aqua
Storage 2x WD_BLACK SN850X 1TB und 2TB, 2x8TB Seagate Ironwolf
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27WQ 27inch 165Hz FreeSync Premium Pro
Case Cooler Master COSMOS C700P
Audio Device(s) Turtle Beach Elite Pro Tournament + Elite Pro TAC
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i 1600W Titanium
Mouse Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED Wireless
Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro
Software Win 11
I agree, 100%! I don't understand this mentality that gamers don't need or use hard drives.
Yes, I agree as well.
I have two Raids with each 2×3TB drives.
There are famous Cooler Master Cosmos cases that support those and more.
I own Cosmos c700p since 2018 with also a lot of space for water cooling.
The newer Cosmos c700m I think also offers same features:

In any case, this Corsair 7000 seems to interesting case. I will check the review from TPU. It could be interesting for future builds.

This looks to be a huge case for lots of drives. That glassed in RGB version could be a big seller with the new 420 AIO, I didn't check the price it's probably up there with Cougar!

Given the size and features its going to make excellent workstation case. Its very unfortunate trend seen with majority of cases which are dropping hdd cages.

System Name (2008) Dell XPS 730x H2C
Processor Intel Extreme QX9770 @ 3.8GHz (No OC)
Motherboard Dell LGA 775 (Dell Propiatary)
Cooling Dell AIO Ceramic Water Cooling (Dell Propiatary)
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4) DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB (2016 ebay-used)
Storage (2) WD 1TB Velociraptor & (1) WD 2TB Black
Display(s) Alienware 34" AW3420DW (Amazon Warehouse)
Case Stock Dell 730x with "X" Side Panel (65 pounds fully decked out)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Titanium & Corsair SP2500 Speakers
Power Supply PSU: 1000 Watt (Dell Propiatary)
Mouse Alienware AW610M (Amazon Warehouse)
Keyboard Corsair K95 XT (Amazon Warehouse)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate & Alienware FX Lighting
Benchmark Scores No Benchmarking & Overclocking
This looks to be a huge case...I didn't check the price it's probably up there with Cougar!
I usually replace some of my standby PC cases every 2-years or so. For the simple reason it rewarding me with a feeling that I have a new PC and no case cleaning required that year either. Then perhaps replacing at the same time memory, WIFI, storage, fans, etc. For me the 7000X is "basically" doing its job but no more, besides being rightfully described as raw and unrefined and with Corsair having dropped and slipped-up with all of the fine details. Just for starters: The Commander XT does not have the new connector used by iCUE Elite coolers. The included 140mm fans require cable extensions to work in the 7000X case. For what it is I would not touch the 7000X with a ten foot pole and then at the given MSRP. So it appears that Corsair essentially is throwing a "cheapend-out" PC case on the market. Amazing that Corsair with their coveted and proffered sterling reputation allowed some of their decision-makers to slipping a product like this onto the market!

System Name (2008) Dell XPS 730x H2C
Processor Intel Extreme QX9770 @ 3.8GHz (No OC)
Motherboard Dell LGA 775 (Dell Propiatary)
Cooling Dell AIO Ceramic Water Cooling (Dell Propiatary)
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4) DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB (2016 ebay-used)
Storage (2) WD 1TB Velociraptor & (1) WD 2TB Black
Display(s) Alienware 34" AW3420DW (Amazon Warehouse)
Case Stock Dell 730x with "X" Side Panel (65 pounds fully decked out)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Titanium & Corsair SP2500 Speakers
Power Supply PSU: 1000 Watt (Dell Propiatary)
Mouse Alienware AW610M (Amazon Warehouse)
Keyboard Corsair K95 XT (Amazon Warehouse)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate & Alienware FX Lighting
Benchmark Scores No Benchmarking & Overclocking
This looks to be a huge case for lots of drives. That glassed in RGB version could be a big seller with the new 420 AIO, I didn't check the price it's probably up there with Cougar!
Saw the "Cougar Panzer EVO RGB" case at the recent local computer show. Massive dark tempered glass panels all around and (4) retail grade RGB fans with a included full-hub and remote controller. The boys from Bangladesh told me that this case originally came on the market in 2008. And is now going for $165 new in the box at the show. The Panzer EVO RGB is also a hot item for people who cannot afford a higher-end MB with a ton of RGB and fan connectors, but at the same time want the premium overall case looks, added Mr. Rami. Most certainly I personally would have bought the Panzer case any day over the Corsair 7000X. So it seems that prices even for some of the most premium Cougar cases are going down and being now more affordable especially for bottom-fishers like me. Unfortunately I don't even have spare $165 and thus may have to wait a bit longer for a splurge in this direction.