• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Building a Z77 mATX Desktop Case: Lian Li V354

crashedoverride

Hi ALL,

I would like to ask for your suggestions as to what MOBO I'm gonna use for my mATX build. I'm currently torned apart by Gigabyte Sniper M3 and Fatal1ty Pro-M? I would like to ask your opinions or any other board which tops this 2 except Asus V GENE since its too expensive.

THanks in advance.:confused:

Currently have:
Lian Li PC-V354 casing

Last edited:
System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
mobo choice

I would definitely go with the Sniper M3, I've read several good reviews, some even say it's the best sub-$200 board period. I considered buying one for a while, but I prefer full ATX boards for expandability, air flow, and ease of access. The Asrock boards all look good on paper, but read the feedback from the poor chumps who bought them. NewEgg has 3 reviews on the Fatal1ty Pro M, 2 were DOA and the other one died after a week! Other Asrock models show similar sad results. I almost bought one of their boards until I saw a review site where both samples provided by Asrock had too many issues to even review them. I mean, c'mon, I don't mind gambling, but at least give me 50-50 odds (of getting a working board). That's why I go with Asus - I'm 2 for 2 this year installed with no problems and still working great. I know they cost more, and you can still get a bad one, but the odds are in your favor at least. But yeah, go with the Gigabyte board, it's a much better deal than the Asus and the quality looks awesome.