• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bulldozer Aims For 50% Improvement By 2014: Is This Really Enough To Counter Intel?

lashton

2 things, why don't AMD add a massive amount like 20MB of level 3 cache and up the curre4nt Level 1 and 2 cache on their processors, sure decrease some overclock head room and increase a little TDP but it would add a SNOT load of performance, i think AMD is too stuck in the low power usage analogy, also Intel in 2014 will run out their core i line and will need to release another CPU architecture, and it may be like P4 Fail, so there are 3 years of important architectural changes coming up.

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I think we can all safely say..

If AMD didn't buy ATi, they wouldn't exist by now.

What are the known for, really?

Having better clock-per-clock performance 7-8 years ago? Is that really worthy of the admiration that I've seen over the past 6 years?

They've been making lousy CPUs for 6 god-damn years. I simply don't see any reason to be an AMD fanboy anymore. I never was one, I gave it the benefit of the doubt, now I longer do.

People who still like AMD get high out of betting on the under-dog.. and there's apparently a ton of them.

But don't get me wrong, in terms of competition, what is best for the world, the chances that computers will be merged with humans and achieve immortality is all dependent on Intel having some competition right about now.

I guess I'm just venting. Thanks a lot, AMD.

its been said a million times how if AMD goes under then we as consumers are screwed but it is true. I still buy AMD to support the underdog but also because they are by far the closest in competition to Intel. then there is the fact that Intel used illegal practices to stifle them instead of just trying to bury them through innovation so it is pretty hard for me to embrace a company like that

all of that aside though... AMD takes care of everything I throw at it so I am content. I am a tech junkie and a gamer so I put my rigs through lots of rigorous use through various ways. I dont need 10-30% better performance to play all of my games on the highest settings, I dont need it to stream 1080p movies, I dont need it to play lossless music, and I dont need it to transfer, sync, torrent, encode and compress files

I dont need Intel but I do need AMD to bring those prices down a tad to be more aligned with their relational performance to Intel

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
i think AMD is too stuck in the low power usage analogy,

Have you actually read the some of the benchmarks???

they use a SNOT more power then their own current processors and also intels. and it gets worse when it comes to overlcocking...

jokes are already out that you need to buy a nuclear powerplant to run one of these

System Name Gamers PC
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.80 GHz
Motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3
Cooling Corsair H50 Cooler
Memory Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
Storage 2 x WD Caviar Green 1TB SATA300 w/64MB Buffer (RAID 0)
Display(s) Samsung 2494SW 1080p 24" WS LCD HD
Case CM HAF 932 Full Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-FI TITANIUM -PCIE x 1
Power Supply Corsair TX Series CMPSU-650TX (650W)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Don't be mistaken. That the PII X6 beats the FX-8150 in some benchmarks doesn't mean that it will beat it in all of them.

In your case it seems an issue with memory bandwidth, which PII lacks (Sandy Bridge has almost twice). The FX falls right in the middle in that regard.

With the fact that Piledriver is being released so soon I believe that AMD knew about the design's problems (branch prediction, pipeline flushing, cache trashing, decode unit not wide enough) but instead counted on higher frequencies to make up until Piledriver could be released. Anandtech's review also shows that cache latency is worse than Phenom II. Both problems can be blamed on Global Foundries' poor 32nm process. Cache latency can be increased and clockspeeds lowered to get higher yields.

I think that AMD saw the problems that needed reworking but decided that clockspeed would be enough to counter them for the time being but then a few months later they find that yields were too poor and had no choice but to launch as is.
Now you're thinking, I wouldn't be surprised if your statement is exactly how this came to be Good Job and hope you are right on :toast:
If you are Piledriver should become a CPU to recon with. :D

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
people don't forget that amd barely managed to survive so R&D is not what should be; i don't even compare to Intel $7.3 billion R&D for 2011 when Amd total revenue is $6.49 billion in 2010 so we get what they afford nothing more or less .

Yes, I'll bet this is absolutely true and with bad management as well, they released a rubbish product and are misleading customers into thinking it's an octa core CPU, when it's only a quad core with multi-threading. They're outright lying.

I'll bet if someone rich enough sued them over this, they'd win. :shadedshu

lashton

I lol'd

That's what everyone said about bulldozer .. .. :shadedshu

That doesn't make sense, Bulldozer is NOT a bad CPU its anew tech which is very hard to release, I think people had too much high hopes for it, if you didn't (like me) then its a good CPU, the price will drop and then they will sell but AMD will make a killing on these because thier channel partners will sell these and AMD will be laughing all the way to the bank, you wait and see, the core I line is almost at an end, whats Intel gonna do now, create another P4?

Reactions: Fx
2 things, why don't AMD add a massive amount like 20MB of level 3 cache and up the curre4nt Level 1 and 2 cache on their processors, sure decrease some overclock head room and increase a little TDP but it would add a SNOT load of performance, i think AMD is too stuck in the low power usage analogy, also Intel in 2014 will run out their core i line and will need to release another CPU architecture, and it may be like P4 Fail, so there are 3 years of important architectural changes coming up.

Are you prepared to pay $380 for this CPU with an additional 20mb of cache?

You know cache costs money, right?

That doesn't make sense, Bulldozer is NOT a bad CPU its anew tech which is very hard to release, I think people had too much high hopes for it, if you didn't (like me) then its a good CPU, the price will drop and then they will sell but AMD will make a killing on these because thier channel partners will sell these and AMD will be laughing all the way to the bank, you wait and see, the core I line is almost at an end, whats Intel gonna do now, create another P4?

I didn't have high hopes for it, I just expected it to be measurably better than the K10.5 line of CPUs it replaces.

You think the price will readily drop and AMD will make a "killing" on these? Do you have any idea how much these things cost to make? 2 billion transistors at 32nm node, is VERY expensive. MUCH more expensive than the superior Intel chips. I wonder if AMD will ever be competitive with these, which begs the question as to why they were ever released as desktop chips in the first place.

Intel is a few generations ahead of AMD, and given BD, just pulled even further ahead.

I love AMD at heart and write this from my fantastic Llano setup, but WTF. What happened to designing great chips?!? I'll keep my Llano, thanks.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
Yes, I'll bet this is absolutely true and with bad management as well, they released a rubbish product and are misleading customers into thinking it's an octa core CPU, when it's only a quad core with multi-threading. They're outright lying.

I said before man, from a technical stand point* it is a 8 core chip as it can run two threads on a module at the same time.

Hyper threading CANNOT do this ( it essentially makes a nice orderly que)

Stop being so mad dude because you didn't understand or didn't read into what bulldozer is.

They're was slides about 1 year ago showing off the design and TPU had a news story every other week about it.

It's an 8 core chip with some scheduling problems at the moment.

*Go on wiki pedia and read the central processing unit page and the core page.

System Name Blackwidow/
Processor Ryzen 5950x / Threadripper 3960x
Motherboard Asus x570 Crosshair viii impact/ Asus Zenith ii Extreme
Cooling Ek 240Aio/Custom watercooling
Memory 32gb ddr4 3600MHZ Crucial Ballistix / 32gb ddr4 3600MHZ G.Skill TridentZ Royal
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6900xt/ XFX 6800xt
Storage WD SN850 1TB boot / Samsung 970 evo+ 1tb boot, 6tb WD SN750
Display(s) Sony A80J / Dual LG 27gl850
Case Cooler Master NR200P/ 011 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) On board/ Soundblaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair SF750w/ Seasonic Prime Titanium 1000w
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate wireless/ Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL/ Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Win 10 Pro
Hearing all this and talk reminds me of my amd CPUs....thorough rev A 2700, Barton 2500, Venice 3000, athlon x2 5200,x2 7700, p2 720be, p2 955be, n was hoping to put a bd system together but bd let me down not to mention my p2 955 system with dual 4850s is a mini space heater...really wanted to stay but couldn't wait anymore, maybe next build.

Last edited:
System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
m o n e y

Inspite of what we tech types think.... do we have any sales data ? Launch day #s anything. Even if A md,can't fool a couple thousand learned men and women....there are billions of lemmings left

System Name Blackwidow/
Processor Ryzen 5950x / Threadripper 3960x
Motherboard Asus x570 Crosshair viii impact/ Asus Zenith ii Extreme
Cooling Ek 240Aio/Custom watercooling
Memory 32gb ddr4 3600MHZ Crucial Ballistix / 32gb ddr4 3600MHZ G.Skill TridentZ Royal
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6900xt/ XFX 6800xt
Storage WD SN850 1TB boot / Samsung 970 evo+ 1tb boot, 6tb WD SN750
Display(s) Sony A80J / Dual LG 27gl850
Case Cooler Master NR200P/ 011 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) On board/ Soundblaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair SF750w/ Seasonic Prime Titanium 1000w
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate wireless/ Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL/ Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Win 10 Pro
We also gotta remember that we are minority, as a previous poster amd probably gonna make a killing with OEM s

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10
As others have said, these cpus will be great for servers.

1) Servers use slower memory and cache is like steroids for them - BD has metric tons of L2
2) Servers need lots of memory and memory bandwidth - BD has much better IMC performance coming close to 75% of SB's memory performance and nearly doubling PH II's
3) cores are like money in the server world, so the more you have of them, the more important you are and BD server chips come with 16 of those - that's the equivalent diamond bling teeth
4)AMD's stuff sells for less and they're much more willing to compromise compared to $ntel - all the MBA managers will drop to da floo' once they see those savings
5)...
6)PROFIT!!?

zx679

System Name Babiecakes-SS
Processor Phenom II X4 970 BE @ 4.1GHz
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair Formula V
Cooling Swiftech Apogee XT rev. 2, MCW82, 2X Noctua NF-P12
Memory 8 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1726Mhz
Video Card(s) Firestream 9350 2GB
Storage 1TB Cavair Green, 500GB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Samsung 2053BW LCD
Case SilverstoneTJ09-BW
Power Supply Antec Truepower Quattro 850W
Software Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
As others have said, these cpus will be great for servers.

1) Servers use slower memory and cache is like steroids for them - BD has metric tons of L2
2) Servers need lots of memory and memory bandwidth - BD has much better IMC performance coming close to 75% of SB's memory performance and nearly doubling PH II's
3) cores are like money in the server world, so the more you have of them, the more important you are and BD server chips come with 16 of those - that's the equivalent diamond bling teeth
4)AMD's stuff sells for less and they're much more willing to compromise compared to $ntel - all the MBA managers will drop to da floo' once they see those savings
5)...
6)PROFIT!!?

Any server application benchmarks out there that would let us see how bulldozer performs in that environment?

System Name Nexus PC
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3, 3600 MHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H97-HD3
Cooling Thermalright Macho V2
Memory 24GB DDR3, 1400MHZ CL8
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon R9 290
Storage Samsung EVO 960 250gb, EVO 850 250gb, Vertex 3 128gb. 2 TB of Rotational.
Display(s) 1xAsus MX299, 2x Asus MX239, Oculus Rift CV1
Case Sunflower Tower
Audio Device(s) C-Media CMI8738/C3DX
Power Supply Corsair TX850
Mouse Cyborg R.A.T. 7
Software Win7 64Bit Ultimate

Like an AMD Engineer once stated: "Cache is the Fat of the Processor"
Its pretty expensive, and a good Architecture is performant, even with small caches (they just have to be fast enough)
gigantic caches take a lot of die space,and cost a lot of watt (and logically, heat),
if im not wrong;)
Bigger Caches give a little speed, for a lot of Tradeoffs... i bet if AMD would have been able to design BD with smaller caches, but at the same performance level, cost,temperature and wattage would be MUCH better;)

@all
Dont loose hope people, in a parallel Universe, BD earned a performance increase of several hundred percent, and was able to more than double the power of SB, at only 65w TDP, with 4.5ghz stock, 5ghz turboboost, 6ghz under air,7ghz under Water, 8 under DICE and Dual Stage, 12 under LN2, and 15ghz under He2. And that, for under 150$! :D
According to the multiversal theory, that really happened!
Just not here ;)

Last edited:
System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10
Like an AMD Engineer once stated: "Cache is the Fat of the Processor"
Its pretty expensive, and a good Architecture is performant, even with small caches (they just have to be fast enough)
gigantic caches take a lot of die space,and cost a lot of watt (and logically, heat),
if im not wrong;)
Bigger Caches give a little speed, for a lot of Tradeoffs... i bet if AMD would have been able to design BD with smaller caches, but at the same performance level, cost,temperature and wattage would be MUCH better;)

@all
Dont loose hope people, in a parallel Universe, BD earned a performance increase of several hundred percent, and was able to more than double the power of SB, at only 65w TDP, with 4.5ghz stock, 5ghz turboboost, 6ghz under air,7ghz under Water, 8 under DICE and Dual Stage, 12 under LN2, and 15ghz under He2. And that, for under 150$! :D
According to the multiversal theory, that really happened!
Just not here ;)

Me and my 10 sexy wives all use BD in the 2nd Universe!

3volvedcombat

System Name My Computer
Processor Core 2 Q9550 4Ghz 1.23volts
Motherboard Gigabyte
Cooling Corsair
Memory OCZ
Video Card(s) Galaxy
Storage Western Digital
Display(s) Acer
Case Lian li
Audio Device(s) Asus
Power Supply Corsiar
Software Microsoft
Benchmark Scores 25,000 3dmark06 at 4.35Ghz processor, 835core card!
This slide is ludicrous,
Bulldozer- was not really what it was supposedly marketed in the first place, more like a fiat.
Piledriver- Only 10-15% boost, it will finally get up to the i72600-2500k reasonably well.. barly..
Steamroller- It will finally be the real marketed "bulldozer" we were all waiting for!!!!!!
Excavator- well I cant even predict how this will compete its only the future!!!!!

There going to make tons of money if they do it right, simply because of the number of releases in consecutive years!!!

Some people are shelling out 250$ fx8150's
It will probably be another 150-250$ for the Piledriver's
It will probably be another 100-250$ for the Steamroller's
It will probably be another 100-250$ for the Excavator's
Count in all the regular OEM sale's ect ect... And if they manufacture everything with reasonable stock management they will make bank

System Name Grond
Processor Ryen 5 3600x PBO ~ 4.4GHz / fabric at 1900
Motherboard MSI b550 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm CPU w/ am4 mounting bracket+ 2 RX360 radiator + xspc Razor R9-290 w/ backplate
Memory 32gb Crucial Ballistix @ 3800
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290 w/ XSPC Razor full cover block and backplate
Storage WD SN850 1tb-OS, SN750 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb, WD blue hdd 4tb
Display(s) Samsung 23" 120hz 3d LCD w/ 3d glasses, using 'lightboost' trick
Case NZXT H630 white watercooling case
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek ALC 1200+ Sennheiser HD 598
Power Supply XFX Pro 850 XXX semi-modular
Mouse Logitech G703 Wireless
Keyboard Steelseries 6 v2
Software Windows 10 Pro (Had some mystery error on Win7 and decided to go W10)

It is a real octal core chip. They are just using 8 weak cores with some shared resources. They payed the price for gambling on heavilly multithreaded apps in the consumer userspace. We are still in firmly last gen when it comes to multithreading. They were looking too far ahead.
If they and the major OS distributors can rework the scheduling, they may improve performance slighty. Not enough to call this chip a success, but enough to know what to adjust for piledriver.

They should have released the server chips first, delayed a few more months and tailored the desktop chips for todays software.

It would have been better to suffer a delay and more internet moaning than the huge negative hype of a botched release.

Hopefully they can actually hit their 50% target with their future revisions.

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
This slide is ludicrous,
Bulldozer- was not really what it was supposedly marketed in the first place, more like a fiat.
Piledriver- Only 10-15% boost, it will finally get up to the i72600-2500k reasonably well.. barly..
Steamroller- It will finally be the real marketed "bulldozer" we were all waiting for!!!!!!
Excavator- well I cant even predict how this will compete its only the future!!!!!

There going to make tons of money if they do it right, simply because of the number of releases in consecutive years!!!

Count in all the regular OEM sale's ect ect... And if they manufacture everything with reasonable stock management they will make bank

That's why I didn't go AMD last time around. When I had my 3800+ X2, and wanted to upgrade, Phenom I and a Q6600 were my options. If I had gone with AMD, I would have needed to upgrade twice just to get the same performance I had for 2 solid years with my Q6600. It would have been a cheaper initial investment, but in the long run, I find Intel CPU's to have a better shelf life.

System Name Thakk
Processor i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Z170N ITX
Cooling H55 AIO
Memory 32GB DDR4 3100 c16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080 Trinity
Storage Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / Intel 250GB SSD / Samsung Pro 512 SSD / 3TB Seagate SV32
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 100hz IPS Gsync / HTC Vive
Case QBX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 > Creative Gigaworks T40 > AKG Q701
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Ducky Shine TKL MX Blue + Vortex PBT Doubleshots
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12108888
This slide is ludicrous,

Hope it turns out rock solid with them. Else theyre just digging their own coffin with those Excavators and Bulldozers and stuff

archangel

maybe intel buyed AMD and we do not know about! now intel rise the price of all products... :laugh:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I don't see AMD as a company by 2014. I don't see how they will be able to stay afloat. That 50% is needed now in 2011.

System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me
I don't see AMD as a company by 2014. I don't see how they will be able to stay afloat. That 50% is needed now in 2011.

they will;low cpu prices and good GPU's will solve the financial problems so they'll float not like Intel in a luxury yacht just in a small rubber salvage one...

another variant will be to sell gpu dept or to remain only with it;the shareholders and big "oil" rich investors will step in when shares will fall 2 high.... and we'll see maybe amd falling apart to smaller companies

Last edited:
System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols

? so you think a company that just got all 3 major console companies to use their chips in the nex gen consoles isn't going to be around?

ati was too much for amd to take on and it nearly killed them. But right now amd pretty much reaps the benefit of that decision and it's about to get far more lucritive. By 2014 they'll have plenty in the bank. (nowhere near intel, but far closer to nvidia's bankroll)

sure the processor deivision failed to impress, what's new? Amd's still around now and they'll continue to be around and thriving by 2014.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
? so you think a company that just got all 3 major console companies to use their chips in the nex gen consoles isn't going to be around?

ati was too much for amd to take on and it nearly killed them. But right now amd pretty much reaps the benefit of that decision and it's about to get far more lucritive. By 2014 they'll have plenty in the bank. (nowhere near intel, but far closer to nvidia's bankroll)

sure the processor deivision failed to impress, what's new? Amd's still around now and they'll continue to be around and thriving by 2014.

The way they're going, I reckon they'll end up closing their x86 business and focusing on things like graphics cards and branching out into other areas where they have no presence at the moment. An AMD Android smartphone, perhaps? However, I'd never count them out until it actually happens, so who knows?