I have been wanting to upgrade for about a year now. My upgrade philosophy is to get an as powerful a machine (within reason) for the era as i possibly can as i will not be upgrading the CPU/mobo/RAM base for a very long time afterwards. I started out looking at the i7 950, but decided to wait for Sandybridge. When Sandybridge came, the performance was not too far ahead of the i7 950. But Bulldozer was scheduled to be launched in April 2011, so I waited again. Now that the official benchmarks are here, it seems that Bulldozer is not going to be the way to go. However, SB-E is now 'just around the corner'. So my dilemna is this. If SB-E is a head and shoulders winner beyond the i72600K series, then it is clearly worth the wait and upgrading to a 2600K when I could have done this 10 months ago, would piss me off a bit (waited for no reason). However, in an article posted on this forum I have read that the first batch of SB-E CPUs have problems which will not be fixed on release, thus the wise investor will wait until Q1 2012 for the proper finsihed article (with BF3 knocking at the door, this is totally out of the question). I have also read in the few 'leaked' SB-E previews, that for gaming performance SB-E barely outpaces its i72600K counterpart, even although these chips will be twice as expensive. The final consideration is that I want a rig that can play BF3 more or less maxed out, with a consistent 60FPS. Since I am still playing and enjoying BF2 after more than 6 years, I cannot stress the importance of maxing BF3 out enough. I know that the BF3 beta scaled very poorly but this was also the case with the BFBC2 beta and so I expect performance figures to jump up on the full release of the game. My gfx card upgrade (I am only interested in single GPU) will be defo be postponed until AMD/ATI 7000 series release in Q1 2012. Any advice from those of you well-informed in all things regarding CPU, would be well appreciated.