• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bungie Reveals Destiny 2: The Final Shape Expansion in Teaser Trailer

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
During yesterday's Sony PlayStation event, we showed off the first look at Destiny 2: The Final Shape, including the brief appearance of everyone's favorite Hunter, Cayde-6. We're delighted to say that actor Nathan Fillion is reprising his role as Cayde for the Destiny Universe. Yesterday's tease of the next Destiny 2 expansion was just that: a teaser. The epic conclusion to the Light & Darkness Saga is on its way and we can't wait to share more with you in August during our Destiny 2 Showcase event.

Look for this livestreamed show on Tuesday, August 22, where the Destiny development team will be breaking down everything you need to know about The Final Shape and provide a look forward into the future of Destiny 2. Whew! It's been an incredible, exhausting, and exciting day for Bungie. We hope you enjoyed all the fun today and look forward to sharing more with you in the future!

We're here now. Wherever here is.

Dive into the free-to-play world of Destiny 2 to experience responsive first-person shooter combat, explore the mysteries of our solar system, and unleash elemental abilities against powerful enemies. Create your Guardian and collect unique weapons, armor, and gear to customize your look and playstyle. Experience Destiny 2's cinematic story alone or with friends, join other Guardians for challenging co-op missions, or compete against them in a variety of PvP modes.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Processor Intel Core i9-13900KS
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-H Gaming DDR5 ATX Motherboard
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin II 360mm
Memory Team Group Delta RGB DDR5 32GB 7800
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING TRIO 24GB
Display(s) LG CX 55" OLED 120Hz
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX
Mouse Xtrfy M4 Retro
Keyboard Logitech G810 w/ Romer-G Tactile Switches
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 11
The FINAL SHAPE. (The second to final expansion...this year)

Processor AMD 5800X
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Memory G.Skill 32GB
Software Windows 10
The FINAL SHAPE. (The second to final expansion...this year)
No. The Final Shape is the final expansion coming out next year. Their roadmap was announced a couple years ago. Each expansion usually gets broken down into 4 seasons. No one knows what happens after the last season of the Final Shape. If you don't play the game you wouldn't know it but with where the story is and where it seems to be going, it definitely feels like there's a definitive end coming to the Light/Dark saga. What happens after, and who the enemy becomes (The Nine, Vex, internal conflict or something else) is anyone's guess. My money would be on a Destiny 3 in 2025.

Processor Intel Core i9-13900KS
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-H Gaming DDR5 ATX Motherboard
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin II 360mm
Memory Team Group Delta RGB DDR5 32GB 7800
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING TRIO 24GB
Display(s) LG CX 55" OLED 120Hz
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX
Mouse Xtrfy M4 Retro
Keyboard Logitech G810 w/ Romer-G Tactile Switches
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 11
I'm just memin'. Destiny is a great game and I have fun playing it. Thanks for posting this information. That's a lot of good stuff to know about The Final Shape.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
How much will Destiny 2 have cost once the final expansion and all season passes are tallied up?

I bought Destiny 2 at launch, Reached max gear level put it down and haven't touched it since.

System Name Budget Box
Processor Xeon E5-2667v2
Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Pro
Cooling Some cheap tower cooler, I dunno
Memory 32GB 1866-DDR3 ECC
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600XT
Storage WD NVME 1GB
Display(s) ASUS Pro Art 27"
Case Antec P7 Neo
I was into this game pretty big for years. Started with Destiny, then on to Destiny 2. Once it hit free to play with for pay expansions, I started to feel a bit overwhelmed keeping up with armor and weapon upgrades. Seemed like you'd get something good only to have it update-nerfed once you got it powered up. I don't have the time to hunt like that anymore.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
I was into this game pretty big for years. Started with Destiny, then on to Destiny 2. Once it hit free to play with for pay expansions, I started to feel a bit overwhelmed keeping up with armor and weapon upgrades. Seemed like you'd get something good only to have it update-nerfed once you got it powered up. I don't have the time to hunt like that anymore.
Yeah, the transition to F2P is exactly what made me put it down and not touch it ever again.