• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Buying a new rig tomorrow, 2 choices.

System Name Dell Workstation t5810
Processor Xeon CPU's E5-2683 v4 Broadwell-E Technology
Motherboard Broadwell-E X99
Cooling Default fan System Level 3
Memory 48GB DDR4
Video Card(s) ASRock Vega 56 8GB
Storage 4 External SSD, 4 External HDD
Display(s) HP 27m LCD
Case Dell Precision 7810 Case
Audio Device(s) RealTek High Definition
Power Supply 825 Watts PSU
Mouse Soundless Black Quiet Mouse
Keyboard Dell Black
Software Windows Pro 10 x64
Why should we even bother wasting money on him? He'll just go out an buy a 3450 or something for twice its price...
Yea you shouldn't bother telling me what i should buy. However, this whole thread was about which computer is faster and more powerful the AMD one or the Intel one, you guys said the Intel one, so i was like cool i will look into it, but if i don't see something i like, i am not buying it and i will buy the AMD. I made that very clear to everyone, so i bought the $300 dollar brand new computer. I don't see what all the fuss is about, when you know damn well i don't buy online, i don't OC, i don't OC VC, i don't buy video cards with connectors, and i don't build. I support the retail stores, always have, always will.

u2konline, you may say you listen to our advice, but most TPU members take it as an insult when that advice goes in one ear and out the other. :shadedshu
Funny thing, people said the same thing when i use to post over at overclocking.net. You guys are something. And before you say " Oh what are you doing on this forum "? Doesn't matter which computer forum i post on, from guru3d, futuremark , techspot, you guys all the same thing. You striving for the best, well i am not. I buy whatever i want, just like other people should. Why are you complaining over " material things or what someone has ?" there are greater things that you guys should be worrying about , instead of how someone spends his money or what this person bought.

I do have to ask, being that you will have this computer for the next 25-30 years, what difference does a year of warranty make? :banghead:
It makes a big difference. Also, i told you , i didn't feel comfortable buying used stuff anymore. So i am going to stick to my word and buy another pre-built. Its not a big deal dude, calm down.

System Name The Lizard v2.4
Processor Intel Celeron G1840 (for the time being
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H81-S2PH
Cooling Intel Stock Fan
Memory 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GTX 750Ti (For the time being)
Storage 500GB Samsung F1, 160GB Maxtor "Older than god"
Display(s) AOC 28' LCD
Case Coolermaster N200
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec VP500P
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores No crashes in the last 24 minutes.
i didnt enter yesterday and this thread went to hell!

Let it be. if its happy with what he has fine, if he is stupid enough to pay for things that doesnt worth it, fine, if he is deaf and dont hear us and follow our recomendation, fine, if he has eye problems and see that games are good at 20 frames, fine. BUT FOR GOD SAKE, DO NOT ASK ANYMORE FOR RECOMENDATION IF U ARE NOT GOING TO FOLLOW IT. JUST SAY, HEY LOOK AT MY NEW POS, I THINK IS GOOD WHILE WE ALL THINK YOU MADE A REALLY STUPID DECISSION

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard ROG Strix X670-E
Cooling Lian Li Galahead 360 AIO
Memory 2x16gb Flare X5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3060
Storage 2TB WD SN850X Black NVMe, 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe
Display(s) Gigabyte 32" IPS 144Hz
Case Hyte Y60
Power Supply Corsair RMx 850
Software Win 11 Pro/ PopOS!
Yea you shouldn't bother telling me what i should buy. However, this whole thread was about which computer is faster and more powerful the AMD one or the Intel one, you guys said the Intel one, so i was like cool i will look into it, but if i don't see something i like, i am not buying it and i will buy the AMD. I made that very clear to everyone, so i bought the $300 dollar brand new computer. I don't see what all the fuss is about, when you know damn well i don't buy online, i don't OC, i don't OC VC, i don't buy video cards with connectors, and i don't build. I support the retail stores, always have, always will.

Funny thing, people said the same thing when i use to post over at overclocking.net. You guys are something. And before you say " Oh what are you doing on this forum "? Doesn't matter which computer forum i post on, from guru3d, futuremark , techspot, you guys all the same thing. You striving for the best, well i am not. I buy whatever i want, just like other people should. Why are you complaining over " material things or what someone has ?" there are greater things that you guys should be worrying about , instead of how someone spends his money or what this person bought.

It makes a big difference. Also, i told you , i didn't feel comfortable buying used stuff anymore. So i am going to stick to my word and buy another pre-built. Its not a big deal dude, calm down.

Hmm so let me see you repeatedly get the same response from nearly everyone you encounter w/ a situation, but you are so sure you're awesome and wiser than them that you know everyone else is in the wrong. I'm not sure how one can come to such conclusions, but I suppose I'm not surprised. Everyone does not strive for the best. Few people here do. Most people though (are you a person, perhaps you're from Krypton?) prefer to get the most for their money, or at least a moderately good deal. Perhaps you are rich and you're ignorance can be easy, but for most to simply throw away money on a system (or TV, or table, or car, or anything), when they could have got something better for the same amount is ludicrous.

It really doesn't matter how fast you think you're computer is, for you're uses it's awful, and I wouldn't even think of suggesting it to anyone considering playing games on a computer. I doubt anyone else would either. But hey, everyone else is probably just wrong. Enjoy. :toast:

System Name QUACK
Processor Intel i7 2600K (3.4 GHz, 8 threads)
Motherboard Asus P67P8-V3
Cooling Xigmatek Balder 120mm (4x120,1x140mm case)
Memory Patriot 2 Viper Sector 5, 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 4GB
Storage 1x Samsung EVO 850 (500GB) SSD, 1x Fujitsu 256GB SSD
Display(s) Dell Ultrasharp U2311h 23" (so sexy)
Case CoolerMaster Gladiator RC-600
Audio Device(s) Onboard 5.1
Power Supply Antec 850w with yellow racing stripes
Software Windows 7 HP 64 bit
Well then why do you even bother asking us for help? Why do you have to stir everyone up? It is wasting our time, pissing people off, and usually comes to nothing.
Unless you're actually going to ask something and then act on the advice you're given, I suggest you don't ask for advice at all.

You may not be striving for the best, but almost everyone on TPU is! I saved up for two years to buy my computer, and it is the best I could make it! I've squeezed every single drop of performance out of it, and I am very proud of it.
You come here, asking our advice and opinion. Most TPU members are budget builders, and have good knowledge of the budget range of parts. I can't speak for every budget builder here, but they most likely don't have much spare cash.
So when you come here asking for help, wave your cash around, and waste your money when it could have been much better used, it pisses people off! Simple as that. We are avid gamers, overclockers, and we CARE about how far our money takes us. You obviously don't.
So please, save us all our time, and our tempers; stop asking for help when you know you're not going to listen.

System Name The Lizard v2.4
Processor Intel Celeron G1840 (for the time being
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H81-S2PH
Cooling Intel Stock Fan
Memory 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GTX 750Ti (For the time being)
Storage 500GB Samsung F1, 160GB Maxtor "Older than god"
Display(s) AOC 28' LCD
Case Coolermaster N200
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec VP500P
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores No crashes in the last 24 minutes.
You may not be striving for the best, but almost everyone on TPU is! I saved up for two years to buy my computer, and it is the best I could make it! I've squeezed every single drop of performance out of it, and I am very proud of it.
You come here, asking our advice and opinion. Most TPU members are budget builders, and have good knowledge of the budget range of parts. I can't speak for every budget builder here, but they most likely don't have much spare cash.

+1, when i bought my pc, i choose wisely the parts (except for the psu :p) so i can get the best for my money. I had 550 dollars and i spent 550 exactly.

ingeniousfail

System Name Not so fail
Processor E5200 @ Stock
Motherboard DFI LP DK P45-T2RS
Cooling CPU/Stock, GPU/VF900
Memory 4GB (2x2) G.Skill 1066
Video Card(s) Sapphire 4850 512MB
Storage 820GB in Total
Display(s) Viewsonic Graphics Series G220fb
Case Rocketfish
Audio Device(s) Realtek Onboard QQ
Power Supply Corsair VX 550W
Software A lot

I come from another forum from which this guy was banned.

I do not intend to troll, I simply come to inform you about this guy's shenanigans. That is all.

Processor Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | P4 @ 2.1GHz
Motherboard Asus Commando ROG (Vdroop mod) | Asus P4V8X-MX
Cooling MegaShadow w/ 2x Scythe Slipstream MX-2 Paste + Kama Bay + 4x120mm case fan | stock Intel
Memory Kingston 4x1GB DDR2 @ 800MHz w/ OCZ XTC cooler | 1GB DDR @ 400MHz
Video Card(s) Palit GTX 260 1792mb 448bit @ 713/1458/1116x2 | GeForce 4 MX 440 AGP8X 64mb 64bit
Storage 640GB WD AACS 250GB Excelstor 160GB Seagate | 40GB WD
Display(s) Samsung T220, Samsung 32" 1080P | LG L1752S
Case Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 | Trendsonic mid tower
Audio Device(s) Asus Supreme FX (Creative Inspire 5.1 speaker), Samsung HT-Z220 | Onboard audio (2.1 Speaker)
Power Supply Gigabyte Odin Pro 800W | 550W generic
Software Vista Ultimate 64 SP2 | XP Pro 32 SP3
Benchmark Scores 3Dmark06 - 17,348 Vantage - P13,510 Super PI 1M - 12.765s @ 4.1GHz GenericCPUbench - 6,864 ms 38,
when did U2K got banned? w0w he owns 3 cars and couldn't even afford a decent PC what a shame :shadedshu

ingeniousfail

System Name Not so fail
Processor E5200 @ Stock
Storage 820GB in Total
Case Rocketfish
Software A lot
Not only that... he's married and has 8 cats.

Cooling MegaShadow w/ 2x Scythe Slipstream MX-2 Paste + Kama Bay + 4x120mm case fan | stock Intel
Video Card(s) Palit GTX 260 1792mb 448bit @ 713/1458/1116x2 | GeForce 4 MX 440 AGP8X 64mb 64bit
Audio Device(s) Asus Supreme FX (Creative Inspire 5.1 speaker), Samsung HT-Z220 | Onboard audio (2.1 Speaker)
Benchmark Scores 3Dmark06 - 17,348 Vantage - P13,510 Super PI 1M - 12.765s @ 4.1GHz GenericCPUbench - 6,864 ms 38,
Well I will not believe U2K's profile you know it's the Internet anyone can pretend to be prince/princess or a billionaire wannabe.

ingeniousfail

System Name Not so fail
Processor E5200 @ Stock
Storage 820GB in Total
Case Rocketfish
Software A lot

The bolded website... it's actually overclock.net

And that's where he was banned from.

Just search him... $till LegendaryU2K... You'll understand why I did this.

aCid888*

You striving for the best, well i am not. I buy whatever i want, just like other people should.

I'd love to know why someone starts a post to ask opinions about something to then go against everything hes been told and buy something 7x worse. :confused:

Seems like textbook troll behavior to me and on a note of his so called 'profile', I think he watched too much Smallville and has started to believe hes the guy from it; I did some research of my own and it turns out the actor from Smallville worked in construction for some time before becoming a model and then an actor....check out u2k's profile on his many pages about himself and he says he did the same thing. :eek:

Shame for him he isn't the guy from Smallville as hes too young. :shadedshu

Why you guys reply to him is another thing I wonder about...hes just fking with you all and will continue to do so until he gets banned from here or you all get wise to him. :banghead:

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000

NEWS FLASH
Striving for the best, as you call it, is what these forums are all about. Not buying prebuilts because they suck horse c***, overclocking, searching for the best deals through various retailers, and buying a computer for $150 instead of the $300 one that is half as fast as the origional $150 computer is what we're all about. Havn't you realized that yet?

System Name HTPC||Lenovo IBM ThinkPad
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 965 stock 3.4GHz||Intel C2D T9300 @ 2.5GHz
Motherboard Zotac 890GX-ITX WiFi||Lenovo 8918CTO
Cooling Stock 3x 120's||Stock stuff
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 6-6-6-15||3GB DDR2
Video Card(s) Asus 3870x2||nVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1x 2TB WD EARX ||Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM
Display(s) Samsung T260HD||
Case SilverStone Grandia GD05||
Audio Device(s) on-board||on-board
Power Supply Cooler Master 450W||6-cell
Software Windows 7 Pro x64||Windows 7 Pro x64/Linux Mint x64
I think this thread needs to be closed asap!
He can do what he wants with his money. If he doesn't want to listen, he doesn't have to.

System Name Homelabs
Processor Ryzen 5900x | Ryzen 1920X
Motherboard Asus ProArt x570 Creator | AsRock X399 fatal1ty gaming
Cooling Silent Loop 2 280mm | Dark Rock Pro TR4
Memory 128GB (4x32gb) DDR4 3600Mhz | 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 2933Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 | ASUS Strix GTX 970
Storage Optane 900p + NVMe | Optane 900p + 8TB SATA SSDs + 48TB HDDs
Display(s) Alienware AW3423dw QD-OLED | HP Omen 32 1440p
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 | be quiet! Silent Base 800
Power Supply Corsair RM750x + sleeved cables| EVGA P2 750W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate (still has buttons on the right side, crucial as I'm a southpaw)
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite, Pro Type | Logitech G915 TKL
BUT he shouldn't post... If he throws us down like that (OMFG I DO WHAT I WANT WITH MY $$ AND ILL BUY A REALLY SUCKY COMP WHEN I COULD HAVE GOTTEN A VERY GOOD ONE AND FUCK ALL YOUR ADVICE I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR ADVICE IT SUX ANYWAYS)

then he should get banned... and now we should all let this thread die and hopefully it will get closed

Paintface

Processor E5200 @ 3.7ghz
Motherboard DFI LanParty DK P35 DARK
Cooling Zalman CPU + case cooling
Memory OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 4GB 1066
Video Card(s) Saphire 4890 Vapor-X OCed
Storage Raptor 74GB + 640GB sata + 1TB sata ( all WD)
Display(s) BENQ 24inch LCD 1080p
Case my desk
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply OCZ gameXstream 700w
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate
if he posted on one of the forums im admin at... at this point he would have received the ban stick, unbelieveable how this guy trolls and abuses peoples ->good<- intentions.

He probably runs an alienware paid by his parents.

System Name Homelabs
Processor Ryzen 5900x | Ryzen 1920X
Motherboard Asus ProArt x570 Creator | AsRock X399 fatal1ty gaming
Cooling Silent Loop 2 280mm | Dark Rock Pro TR4
Memory 128GB (4x32gb) DDR4 3600Mhz | 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 2933Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 | ASUS Strix GTX 970
Storage Optane 900p + NVMe | Optane 900p + 8TB SATA SSDs + 48TB HDDs
Display(s) Alienware AW3423dw QD-OLED | HP Omen 32 1440p
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 | be quiet! Silent Base 800
Power Supply Corsair RM750x + sleeved cables| EVGA P2 750W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate (still has buttons on the right side, crucial as I'm a southpaw)
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite, Pro Type | Logitech G915 TKL
lol xD but we must stop posting here, I mean 100+ posts for THIS???

AfterThought

*tsk*

I'll just leave this here for now.

http://my.opera.com/u2kgames/about/

My Future Goals: To help billions of people and animals, and to change this world the way its suppose to be, ' in the general sense '....

My Future Goals II: Ever since late 2001, I have been getting myself into a position to change the world. To put an end / fix / a major dent / to destroy / change - Poverty, Discrimination, Prostitution, mankind unlawful and flawed laws, and among other important things that needs to be change.

Continue: I will show up in the future unexpectedly, and change what needs to be change. I am a Crusader, i am here forever.....

Continue: When you hear about u2k , you wont see me directly. Only because i have decided to do it another way and do a introduction to the world. This introduction to the world will happen after i do my interview about who i am, and what i plan to do.

NOTE: About my Interview, as i said you wont see me directly. You will only see a shadowy figure of me( sitting down in a throne like chair ) , and the only thing that will be seen is my u2k necklace.

Continue:I plan to come out and introduce myself to the world in a marvelous way. Not that people don't know who i am already, i am already a well known celebrity, but in order for me to change the world, i had to make a second identity to stand out from the rest of the world. I also planned to show up unexpectedly. One man can change the world, and even tho i can not save everyone, as a Crusader, who is Untouchable, i will do my best......

Last Continue: And by the way, about the celebrity/well known thing. This is true, but i cant tell you who i am. So lets just leave it at that. So as always, love one another, be peaceful, help others and never turn your back on anyone at anytime.

My eye color / contacts: Well my real eye color is light brown, but i wear contacts from red, blue, green, etc...

The World does not realized: That i have The entire world in my sight for correction & change.

Religion: I don't have a religion, neither do i belong to a religious organization.

Faith: Yes i have faith in GOD and Jesus Christ and the Bible, but i'm not a Christian or a disciple I'm just a person who has faith.

Who do you represent: The living and the dead and the entire world....

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Transylvania (RO) working in Barcelona (ES)
System Name Rzyen X
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D ^ PBO -30 ECO mode 1.15v SOC
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 A-RGB
Memory 32Gb Adata Lancer XPG 6000Mhz CL30 EXPO 1.260v
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 7800XT Gaming OC - 3080/2550Mhz
Storage 1TB WD SN850X + 2TB WD SN770 + 2TB Adata Legend 850
Display(s) ViewSonic ColorPRO VP2776 - 27" 1440p^165Hz
Case Phanteks P600S White
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z2300 + Skullcandy Crusher Evo
Power Supply EVGA T2 1000W Titanium
Mouse RedDragon M686 RGB
Keyboard SPC GK630K Tournament
Software Windows 11 PRO
Benchmark Scores CB R23 - 18.703 pct / CB 2024 - 1.159 pct
w0w he's on drugs :shadedshu

System Name QUACK
Processor Intel i7 2600K (3.4 GHz, 8 threads)
Motherboard Asus P67P8-V3
Cooling Xigmatek Balder 120mm (4x120,1x140mm case)
Memory Patriot 2 Viper Sector 5, 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 4GB
Storage 1x Samsung EVO 850 (500GB) SSD, 1x Fujitsu 256GB SSD
Display(s) Dell Ultrasharp U2311h 23" (so sexy)
Case CoolerMaster Gladiator RC-600
Audio Device(s) Onboard 5.1
Power Supply Antec 850w with yellow racing stripes
Software Windows 7 HP 64 bit
w0w he's on drugs :shadedshu

I concur. Why can't he just leave us techies alone? We're happy not worrying about his stupidity and stubbornness...

aCid888*

Best thing anyone can do is let this thread die.

Edit: Don't do crack kids.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10
Best thing anyone can do is let this thread die.

Edit: Don't do crack kids.

Yep . . . Crack is bad . . . MMMkay:)

Edit. I shouldn't have posted:(

System Name Dell Workstation t5810
Processor Xeon CPU's E5-2683 v4 Broadwell-E Technology
Motherboard Broadwell-E X99
Cooling Default fan System Level 3
Memory 48GB DDR4
Video Card(s) ASRock Vega 56 8GB
Storage 4 External SSD, 4 External HDD
Display(s) HP 27m LCD
Case Dell Precision 7810 Case
Audio Device(s) RealTek High Definition
Power Supply 825 Watts PSU
Mouse Soundless Black Quiet Mouse
Keyboard Dell Black
Software Windows Pro 10 x64
Just to let everyone know, i am buying the system in my sig soon, i will let you know when i get it.
Soon as in a few weeks, but sooner then i had planned. I was going to buy near winter, but i said why not buy it sooner, i have some cash to spend, so what the hell.

Peace